• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rate these Pokemonn

Toothache

Deepsea Toothache
Years
  • Been trying to cook up an idea for an Aggron.

Aggron @ attack boosting berry or Leftovers
    Nature: +Attack, - Speed
    EV: HP, Attack, Def, Sp Def.
    Aerial Ace
    Rock Slide
    Sandstorm
    Thunderbolt

Aerial Ace deals with any fighting types, Rock Slide for STAB, Thunderbolt for any water types, and Sandstorm is filler.

I got a feeling this is pretty bad, apart from Aerial Ace.

Also, I've been breeding a Muk

Muk @ lum berry
    Nature: + Attack, - Sp Att
    EV: Attack, Def, Sp Def
    Sludge Bomb
    Explosion
    Shadow Ball
    Acid Armor

Combined with a pseudo-passer for Sp Defence, Muk's gonna be a physical sweeper.

Ideas for an Exploud also bubble in my mind

Exploud @ Leftovers
    Nature: +Attack, - Sp Att
    EV: Attack, Defence
    Shadow Ball
    Hyper Voice
    Roar
    Brick Break

Obviously, he can't deal with everything, but that's what Roar is for.

Anyway, that's my ideas for the moment

Jirachi

is made of gold
    Years
  • Toothache said:
    Been trying to cook up an idea for an Aggron.

Aerial Ace
    Rock Slide
    Sandstorm
    Thunderbolt

Aerial Ace deals with any fighting types, Rock Slide for STAB, Thunderbolt for any water types, and Sandstorm is filler.

Muk @ lum berry
    Sludge Bomb
    Explosion
    Shadow Ball
    Acid Armor

Combined with a pseudo-passer for Sp Defence, Muk's gonna be a physical sweeper.

Exploud @ Leftovers
    Shadow Ball
    Hyper Voice
    Roar
    Brick Break

Aggron Should be adamant.

Brick Break
    Double Edge
    Rock Slide
    Earthquake

all with leftovers.

Your Muk looks deliciously great for a sweeper. My complements for the trainer.

However, Exploud needs help that I can't deal with right now. ^_^'

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • Aggron- [atk + / sp.atk -] @ leftovers/quick claw
    EV: atk, hp, def
    -thunderwave
    -rock slide
    -earthquake
    -brick break
    (feel free to get double edge/roar instead of any of the attacks)

Aggron is an excellent user of thunderwave, as lowering the opponents' speed will help Aggron and the entire team out. It has poor sp.atk so do not give any special attacks to it. Plus you won't survive the fighting attack to begin with to counter aerial ace, and there aren't that many STAB fighting types out there...

Muk- strongly STRONGLY consider dropping some EVs from all 3 of those stats (especially attack) for hp. Muk has a high HP and defense EVs are always useless without a sufficient amount of hp to back it up. Bliseey has 100 def yet with 700 hp even a brick break from Zangoose will take 3 turns (without dance that is). Also, shadowball is an illegal moveset so use HP Ghost/Shadowpunch instead. If it's going to tank and receive a pass, then don't blow up and use brick break instead.

Exploud- Ooo one of Iveechan's favorites ;p Change hyper voice to return because Hyper voice is quite useless in 1vs1. Exploud is an ideal choice for you to baton pass to, because of roar immunity. Therefore, make it a sweeper by ditching roar and give it another sweeping move, like earthquake or howl.

Toothache

Deepsea Toothache
    Years
  • frostweaver said:
    Aggron- [atk + / sp.atk -] @ leftovers/quick claw
    EV: atk, hp, def
    -thunderwave
    -rock slide
    -earthquake
    -brick break
    (feel free to get double edge/roar instead of any of the attacks)

Aggron is an excellent user of thunderwave, as lowering the opponents' speed will help Aggron and the entire team out. It has poor sp.atk so do not give any special attacks to it. Plus you won't survive the fighting attack to begin with to counter aerial ace, and there aren't that many STAB fighting types out there...

Muk- strongly STRONGLY consider dropping some EVs from all 3 of those stats (especially attack) for hp. Muk has a high HP and defense EVs are always useless without a sufficient amount of hp to back it up. Bliseey has 100 def yet with 700 hp even a brick break from Zangoose will take 3 turns (without dance that is). Also, shadowball is an illegal moveset so use HP Ghost/Shadowpunch instead. If it's going to tank and receive a pass, then don't blow up and use brick break instead.

Exploud- Ooo one of Iveechan's favorites ;p Change hyper voice to return because Hyper voice is quite useless in 1vs1. Exploud is an ideal choice for you to baton pass to, because of roar immunity. Therefore, make it a sweeper by ditching roar and give it another sweeping move, like earthquake or howl.

Yeah, can definately see the benefits of using T-wave on Aggron.

I thought Muk could learn Shadow Ball. No matter, that's more breeding for me (since this is a GBA Muk and not a NetBattler) to get Shadowpunch in. I hate using Explosion anyway, Brick Break would be a nice change

Muk @ lum berry
    Nature: +Att, - Sp Att
    EV: HP, Att, Sp Def.
    Shadowpunch
    Sludge Bomb
    Acid Armor
    Brick Break

Exploud @ Leftovers
    Nature: +Att, - Sp Att
    Shadow Ball
    Brick Break
    Earthquake
    Return/Facade?

And sure, I may attempt to breed a Jolly Ninjask for Baton Passing. It's an option anyway. (Although getting that nature is gonna be tough, same with all 3 really)

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • Ninjask should be adamant... it doesn't need jolly to be faster than jolt.

As for Exploud, DEFINITELY use return over facade. Save facade for Pokemon with Guts ability *cough or Guts ability with STAB aka Swellow cough*

Spike Razzor

"Don't argue, you failed..."
    Years
  • Toothache said:
    Been trying to cook up an idea for an Aggron.

Aerial Ace
    Rock Slide
    Sandstorm
    Thunderbolt

Muk @ lum berry
    Sludge Bomb
    Explosion
    Shadow Ball
    Acid Armor

Exploud @ Leftovers
    Shadow Ball
    Hyper Voice
    Roar
    Brick Break

Aggron has Rhydon-like Sp. Atk, so T-bolt is a big no-no. Aerial will only OHKO Breelom, so its a waste. Just go with T-wave, Rockslide, Earthquake, Double Edge/Brick Break.

Your Muk is all Atk and Def, a strong Sp. Atk will kill it in two shots. Plus, Steel would own it if it doesn't have Flamethrower/Fire Blast.

Exploud... Dunno, I don't like Normal types. Just go with what people suggest.

T.W North

Swordsman
    Years
  • Okay, I dont usually know too much about stats and Ev's and what nature's are what, so all I'll say is this: Teach Exploud Hyper Beam!!!!! It's powerful and can be used to great effect in the right hands.

Toothache

Deepsea Toothache
    Years
  • One thing to take care of here... NEVER EVER USE HYPER BEAM!

Ok, yes it's a nasty attack with 150 attack power. Yes, it's Normal, so Exploud will get STAB. But Hyper Beam has quite a few weaknesses.

First one is the accuracy. 95% accuracy means a low but better chance of missing than high accuracy moves.

2nd one is, it's predictable. If you're expecting Hyper Beam, you can use Protect to competely ignore the damage, and the recharge turn can be used to attack or do other things.

Hyper Beam on Slaking is interesting however. The turn it loafs around, is also the recharge turn, so you can use Hyper Beam every time you can attack with Slaking. Give it Choice Band, for even more power.

Slaking is the only Pokemon I would ever consider using Hyper Beam on. Dive, Sky Attack, Bounce, Fly, and Dig are also 2 turn moves that are often not worth the effort of using, because they are often easy to predict and counter. You can switch to a pokemon with resistance to that move type, as one way of countering the move.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • Fly, dig and dive are used to stall at times though as another way of protect, as it'll do some minor damage as well.

Hyperbeam is one shot only on anything else that's not called Slaking. The first time you'll completely shock the person (and may score a kill), however during the turn of recharge, it's dragon dance time... >>;

Years
  • Aggron @ Leftovers
    Substitute
    Rock Slide
    Focus Punch
    Earthquake/Rest

Muk @ lum berry
    Sludge Bomb