• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rayquaza

Whitey

Normal-type trainer
    Years
    at long last! I promised I would draw it. It's on big paper so some got cut off, but this is 80% of it.
    plus, two study sketches
    edit: added a much better scan.
    edit 2: an extra little grumpig sketch

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2017
    WOW! thats X-trmely good....*gives rep*...
    EDIT:why'd you gimme bad rep??? I gave you good and i wasnt expecring ne back :\

Last edited:

Deadeye Betty

Just a nomadic flicker...
    Years
    Nice sketches, the expressions are done very well! ^_^

They would look good if you cleaned up the edges, inked them, then added some color either digitally or with other mediums.

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2015
    nice ones draw more and more and ull get better that forest grovule , just making sure if i give u rep dont give me any unless i deserve it like u do

Whitey

Normal-type trainer
    Years
    Thanks everyone! I've dcided to make this my art thread, so I'll just post all my art here.
    p.s. thanks for everyone's comments. but my art isn't 'better' or 'worse' than anyone else's. art is subjective. :) everyone has different styles.
    Here are three new pictures. I wanted to do something new so I just drew some pokemon at random on a scratchboard. the blaziken came out kinda goofy. the other 2 images are just sketches from school.

Kelsey

~-*-~-*-~-*-~
    Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2005
    Wow, Whitey!! I just love the facial features and expressions you did for Rayquaza, very nice! ^_^ I think you did and awsome job on all of your piccies, keep it up! ^0^

~Kelsey

Dark_gligar

I'm back and fresh...
    Years
    Great job Whitey soon you will be making anime of pokemon :dead: or something else haha great job though 1,000,000/10 XD
    *gives rep*

Deadeye Betty

Just a nomadic flicker...
    Years
    I love the new ones! Excellent use of shading!

Do you do any inking at all? Or just primarly pencil sketches? I used to do only pencil work, now I'm trying to expand on the mediums that I use, a really fun thing to try is animation cells.

You need clear acitiate paper (overhead sheets)
    An outlining marker (I use a fine point Staedtler waterproof marker), and arcylic paint!

Sketch something out then trace it onto the acitate with the overhead marker, then paint on the oposite side so the color appears under the black outline. The finished product is a crisp and colorful animation cell! It's kind'a tricky to blend the paint and do detailed shading, but that comes with practice. Sorry for such a long post, but since other people have said you could animate your work, try giving the animation cell art a shot! Or even just do the animation style on Photoshop or any other graphic design program!

Keep up the awsome work! ^_^

PichuSecretBase

Web Site Critique
    Years
    Oh my goodness! Awesome~! *makes this one of his faveorite threads now* You draw like PK <3

I was wondering in your sketches you could doodle a little Marshtomp <3
    Oh since this is your art thread do you want it renamed?

Dittochu

oops...
    Years
    Cool! Your Rayquaza is awsome! The eyes are very cool and scary looking.
    The Gumpig is great and so is the organic Marowak, or whatever.
    Good job.

Dc

Whitey

Normal-type trainer
    Years
    PichuSecretBase said:
    Oh my goodness! Awesome~! *makes this one of his faveorite threads now* You draw like PK <3

I was wondering in your sketches you could doodle a little Marshtomp <3
    Oh since this is your art thread do you want it renamed?

sure i'll draw a marshstomp! And I was trying to figure out how to rename the thread... please retitle it "Whitey's Art" or something. Thank you!

edit: Thanks to everyone for all the advice and for being honest. I've never done cel art but I have done some small animations: the last one i did was four racing greyhounds...I'm not very good but I've been practicing.

The next two pictures weren't colored, but I decided to put in a little extra effort for everyone.

working on: coloring rayquaza
    a marshstomp pic
    edit 2: yup to answer you question deadeye betty inking is my strongest point but I haven't done much pokemon that way... here is a link: poochyena

Last edited:

Whitey

Normal-type trainer
    Years
    two more pics- a dewgong family, and a skitty dentist inspecting a gulpin's mouth. :)

Back