• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

RBY + GSC > DPP + RSE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ikwaylx

Man with 10000 pronounciations
Years
  • One thing about Pokemon DPP really gets on my nerves..

Slow battle pace.

Pokemon R/B/G/Y, G/S/C and /R/S/E all have a good battle pace which makes them fun and exciting. The battle animations are simple, but are still fun to look at while I destroy that Caterpie.
    In comes Diamond and Pearl, I've noticed a small delay between most actions. This minor pause between a move being used, a move causing damage, the HP bar going down, a Pokemon fainting, a pokemon coming out of it's ball and more is enough to slow battles down to the point where I become bored. Lemme give you an example.

You're fighting a Bidoof at the beginning of the game. At this point your only options for your pokemon are:
    Scratch
    Leer
    Tackle
    Growl
    Pound
    Use your stat lowering attack once, and then proceed to Scratch/tackle/pound it to oblivion.
    Notice how long it takes to defeat it? It's just a Bidoof, but it faints in a way longer time than it did to faint a Ratatta in pokemon Red. These pauses are the main blame.

I have noticed that Platinium speeds up the pace a little, and that's always a good thing. I'm welcome for it, but it still feels a little slow with the videos I saw.

That's my opinion anyway, thanks for reading.

PorygonSquared

He's Supposed To Be Dead!!!
    Years
  • GSC had the Ice Path, and you call that not tricky? Or how about Sabrina's Gym? Or the incredibly luck-based Lt. Surge's Gym? And EV's and IV's have existed since the very first game, merely getting revamped in RSE. A lot of the other stuff are just minor changes that the fandom somehow takes seriously, and the new Pokemon are definitely not ugly!

The changes are actually good, in my opinion, and they manage to keep things fresh. The two new elements and Special Atk/Def split in G/S helped balance the types better, the addition of abilities in R/S added a whole new layer in choosing the right Pokemon, and the Physical/Special move split in D/P opened up new doors for a lot of previously ignored Pokemon.

YOOM-TAH

Piplup Fanatic
    Years
  • GSC had the Ice Path, and you call that not tricky? Or how about Sabrina's Gym? Or the incredibly luck-based Lt. Surge's Gym? And EV's and IV's have existed since the very first game, merely getting revamped in RSE. A lot of the other stuff are just minor changes that the fandom somehow takes seriously, and the new Pokemon are definitely not ugly!

The changes are actually good, in my opinion, and they manage to keep things fresh. The two new elements and Special Atk/Def split in G/S helped balance the types better, the addition of abilities in R/S added a whole new layer in choosing the right Pokemon, and the Physical/Special move split in D/P opened up new doors for a lot of previously ignored Pokemon.

Whoa man, don't you understand! That's all too complex! Change is bad! Since when does pokemon have to be something other than me killing things with my Charizard's Fire Blast? And since when does every pokemon that gets made past me being the age of 10 suck so bad? Geez things were so much simpler and better when I was 8 years old!

Ikwaylx

Years
  • Whoa man, don't you understand! That's all too complex! Change is bad! Since when does pokemon have to be something other than me killing things with my Charizard's Fire Blast? And since when does every pokemon that gets made past me being the age of 10 suck so bad? Geez things were so much simpler and better when I was 8 years old!
    People have their opinions, it's no good saying things like that just because some person doesn't like the changes made during the generations. Let people think what they want.

Last edited:

RaikaCastillo

Spark Javelin!!!
    Years
  • Your reason #9 is so ****ing dumb I can't even begin to explain how much I am laughing at you. The whole reason they put in abilities is so things MAKE SENSE. Gengar is not a flying type, but he is a FRIGGIN GHOST! How does an Earthquake hurt him when he can FLOAT? Oh, but I understand that this is too complicated for you get wrap your simple mind around.

Good point but there is something about the abilities that has always irked me

Why the fuggems can I not Earthquake a Vibrava when he's UNDERGROUND?! He's in the friggin' ground, dang it!

And you have to admit that some of the abilities just don't make sense like the Normalize and Klutz abilities. The reason they do not make sense is that they defeat the purpose of stuff that was established before abilities were invented

Normalize: There has always been more than one type and just because a pokemon wasn't the type that a certain move was didn't mean it couldn't learn that move. In other words, a Normal type could learn a Water type move and use it as a Water type move! It wouldn't have STAB but it could still use the move and have a better chance against that pesky Geodude. The Normalize causes all a pokemon's moves regardless of what type they are to function as if they were Normal types. WHAT THE HELL?!

Klutz: Okay......so it doesn't allow the pokemon to use the item that it's holding?

Yoom Tah, if you can explain the logic of these two abilities, PLEASE do. I can then stop busting my fuggin' brain trying to figure out something that seems daft.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    And yes, I realize that you weren't talking to me, you were talking to Glitter Stain but I refuse to believe that anyone would see the logic in either of those two moves.

Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2012
    Yeah, and there's nothing wrong with saying George W. Bush was a better president than John F. Kennedy. Just an opinion. Sure, anything that's actually measurable points in favor of JFK, but it's still an opinion, right?

Damn right it is.

Also, in things that are actually measurable, I'm sure that many would give props to GSC over RSE, and probably even DP. The amount of awesome things taken out of RSE that were in GSC is just retarted.

So yeah, it's really not all that crazy that people actually think that the first two gens are better than the most recent two. Competitively? Of course I'd gave that honor to DP. But on the whole, I'd say that the first 2 gens are better games then the most recent two.

But my opinion is wrong, right? Derp.

YOOM-TAH

Piplup Fanatic
    Years
  • Good point but there is something about the abilities that has always irked me

Why the fuggems can I not Earthquake a Vibrava when he's UNDERGROUND?! He's in the friggin' ground, dang it!

And you have to admit that some of the abilities just don't make sense like the Normalize and Klutz abilities. The reason they do not make sense is that they defeat the purpose of stuff that was established before abilities were invented

Normalize: There has always been more than one type and just because a pokemon wasn't the type that a certain move was didn't mean it couldn't learn that move. In other words, a Normal type could learn a Water type move and use it as a Water type move! It wouldn't have STAB but it could still use the move and have a better chance against that pesky Geodude. The Normalize causes all a pokemon's moves regardless of what type they are to function as if they were Normal types. WHAT THE HELL?!

Klutz: Okay......so it doesn't allow the pokemon to use the item that it's holding?

Yoom Tah, if you can explain the logic of these two abilities, PLEASE do. I can then stop busting my fuggin' brain trying to figure out something that seems daft.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    And yes, I realize that you weren't talking to me, you were talking to Glitter Stain but I refuse to believe that anyone would see the logic in either of those two moves.

Well in Normalize, that means any move Skitty and Delcatty use are STAB. Which is pretty sweet.

And with Klutz, keep in mind that not every ability is there to help. (Also, only an idiot would use a Buneary/Lopunny with that ability instead of Run Away/Cute Charm). Slow Start for Regigigas is a terrible ability. The abilities have more to do with the actual pokemon's traits than helping the pokemon out.

LugiaFreak

Years
  • Diamond/Pearl

Pokemon R/B/G/Y, G/S/C and /R/S/E all have a good battle pace which makes them fun and exciting. The battle animations are simple, but are still fun to look at while I destroy that Caterpie.
    In comes Diamond and Pearl, I've noticed a small delay between most actions. This minor pause between a move being used, a move causing damage, the HP bar going down, a Pokemon fainting, a pokemon coming out of it's ball and more is enough to slow battles down to the point where I become bored.

Yeah, I noticed the same thing. I was almost done with Sapphire when I got Diamond, so I was switching between the two a lot. That delay is annoying, especially if there's a weak Pokemon that you're unable to run from, so you have to make it faint, but then doing so takes like 5 minutes anyway. :\

Ikwaylx

Years
  • Yeah, I noticed the same thing. I was almost done with Sapphire when I got Diamond, so I was switching between the two a lot. That delay is annoying, especially if there's a weak Pokemon that you're unable to run from, so you have to make it faint, but then doing so takes like 5 minutes anyway. :\
    Don't even get me started when you're in Hail or Sandstorms..

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
    Years
  • Whoa man, don't you understand! That's all too complex! Change is bad! Since when does pokemon have to be something other than me killing things with my Charizard's Fire Blast? And since when does every pokemon that gets made past me being the age of 10 suck so bad? Geez things were so much simpler and better when I was 8 years old!

Yeah, and there's nothing wrong with saying George W. Bush was a better president than John F. Kennedy. Just an opinion. Sure, anything that's actually measurable points in favor of JFK, but it's still an opinion, right?

You can't. He's just a complete idiot. And he thinks the "puzzles" are too hard. LOL

Oh, and saying you like the first gens better is one thing. Saying they're better is another thing (stupid), and agreeing with the reasons listed here is just short of complete cerebral failure.

Then go away from these forums and play your crappy old games that you can beat in an hour and never play again.

New gens are so much better than the old ones it's not even funny.

Your reason #9 is so ****ing dumb I can't even begin to explain how much I am laughing at you. The whole reason they put in abilities is so things MAKE SENSE. Gengar is not a flying type, but he is a FRIGGIN GHOST! How does an Earthquake hurt him when he can FLOAT? Oh, but I understand that this is too complicated for you get wrap your simple mind around.

The metagame is balanced now. Before, it was unbalanced and unfun. Things didn't make sense. Dragon type was useless as it had one move that only did 40 damage. Psychic type destroyed everything. To say that the metagame is worse now than it was is just ****ing STUPID.

You remind me of a narrow-minded old man questioning why things aren't the same as when he grew up. Why, what are all these electronic doohickeys? When I was a kid all we had were sticks and rocks to entertain us! Since when did black people gain rights and start marrying white people? Man things are just too complicated nowadays, I like to live in my own little 12-year old world when things were simpler.

(Now mods, go ahead and warn me).

I really hate to write people out publicly in a thread like this, but really, chill out. All of the posts I've quoted above are rude and insulting to one member or another, just because you don't agree with what they say doesn't mean it's "stupid" or they're narrow minded or anything. And that post with the presidential talk, what was that about? Totally off topic, even if you were using it as a comparison.

I hope you realize that there's enough rule-breakage here for me to have good reason to ban you, but I'm going to let you off with just a warning and two infractions (And who knows, that might ban you anyway, I haven't looked at your current infractions yet). It'd be in your best interest to read the rules, and think through your posts before posting in the future.

I have a feeling you'll have something to say about this, so take it up with me in PM's please, not by posting here again. Thanks~

Gyroh

Sin Comentarios
    Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2009
    All right, maybe you pointed out some things. But I actually enjoyed RSE more than the RBY and GSC. Every newer game is made more enjoyable and I would like to play the DPP generation, though I don't own a DS or the games.

This what I enyojed most of RSE:

1. Cool new Pokémons
    2. Improved graphics
    3. The introduction of abilities
    4. Natures and my discovery of the existance of EVs (feels like regular RPGs where you choose what stats to increase on your character)
    5. Running Shoes (walking was annoying early in the first 2 gens)
    6. Easier management of the boxes in the PC
    7. More sections in bag (Items, Poké Balls, TMs & HMs, Berries, Key Items)
    8. New moves (more movesets available)
    9. Mach Bike
    10. New Map
    11. Good Story
    12. Secret bases and the ability to save a friend's character and his secret base in your game.
    13. Double Battles
    14. Cool challenges (Silver Shield, Golden Shield, Pidgeotto Statue, Red Tent, etc.)
    15. Battle Tower

And probably many more things I missed out.

What the new DPP gn has that I wished RSE had was all of the new attacks and changes on physical and special attacking moves. Now we can have water, ice, electric physical attacks and normal, poison, and fighting special attacks. Maybe I would like the new evolutions too, but just the new evolutions from Pokémons of the previous generations.

Glitter Stain

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2011
    Oh, Mobile. You and your "omg, she said THAAAAAAT" moments.

Too difficult? Please. Sure, some puzzles were challenging, but that was an appealing point. I'd rather not go through the entire game monotonously raising Charmander so it can take on every challenge by itself. The game doesn't make caves for the sake of being a nice stroll through the region; there should be some "well, we'd let you go forward, but you know, if we let you do that, let's just fly you to the Indigo Plateau and give you 999 Rare Candies right now..." sign if it were like that.

Difficult isn't the word I was looking for... more like time-consuming. (Play time =/= Replayability, and unwanted play time only leads to the opportunity for replayability vanishing.)

This I agree with wholeheartedly. I'd like to say there were some points that made Hoenn enjoyable, but...no. Hoenn sucked. I'm sorry. Some of the Pokemon were good, but I hate Blaziken with a passion, because I've always had a passionate hate for Fire starters, and Blaziken made RSE so ridiculously and incredibly easy that I wanted to puke. I was ultimately disappointed by RSE in its entirety.

Ha, well, that point was a bit more about the water in Hoenn, but w/e. 8D

Part of this was caused by the controversy against GSC that Johto was too small and needed Kanto to be any good (which I stand by). They beefed up the map, and while I agree that the amount of cities with no real value is absurd, I will say that the fact that in a day, if you've beaten a game, you either have no life, or the game was created poorly. (or you chose Torchic in RSE. Was that my outside voice?)

Johto may have needed Kanto... but it alone is still a whole hell of a lot better than Sinnoh or Hoenn.

As for play time, Floaroma, Jubilife, and Verdanturf could all have easily had gyms. (And they could have had more gyms anyway... there was no established pattern until RSE)

Manaphy was simply an abomination that should never be referenced again, if not only for this reason. If you were going to make a legendary breed;
    A) Make both the parent and the child cool-looking and individual;
    B) Make the child evolve into the parent, if not only to cross-introduce concepts.

Bad taste is fun, Mobile; look at all the people who wear Hollister >.>

Hollister isn't bad taste, lol. 8D

NO!
    If EV's, IV's, natures and abilities weren't involved in the competitive field, the metagame would lose one of its key factors; the element of suprise. The ability to come into a battle with a properly natured, properly EV'd Pokemon with a specific set for doing such a task, and being able to mask it without making a move is what makes it so fun. I mean, if you take out all those things, not only does nearly every Ground-type rule the metagame (like Psychics did in RBY lest we forget), but one move = your entire moveset and plan is predicted.

They're fine with Shoddy... but I'm never going to spend longer than an hour or two on each Pokemon on a team. It's just a general waste of time otherwise.

Until you hit a 23-level gap when you reach Red.

I stated this earlier; if you've beaten a game with a $40 price tag in less than 24 hours, you should have your $40 and your 24 hours back. This is a taste thing, because I'm sure you enjoy beating games at a bullet-like pace, but there are some people who enjoy putting an effort through to beat a game. It helps with something called a sense of accomplishment.

Red is generally considered an Easter Egg. Fun to battle, but not everyone does. (By the way... I beat Red with a team of lvl 58-65, he's not that hard.)
    [/list]

While I agree on the sense that I enjoyed RBYGSC more than their successors... I don't agree with much of your reasoning at all. XD;

Well, I've got to agree somewhat there, but considering the entire region is based on an actual oceanic/island area in Japan, it makes sense. While I hate surfing, I at least liked the idea of having a very port-based region where everything is based around the sea.

...how is it wrong? ._.; It's adding in more playtime. I bet if you could get halfway through the game in one day, you'd be complaining. I certainly don't want to play $40 for a short game. So long as they aren't making you backtrack over and over and over (Pokémon Ranger I'm looking at you), it's not that big a deal. You're just getting more playtime for your money.
    Yeah, as I said in response to L, many of those cities oculd have easily been given gyms... but they weren't.
    ...This just kinda seems like a nostalgia, "I hate change grrr" kind of thing. :/ You don't even touch upon the annoying part of legendaries. I hope it's addressed below.
    Oh, yeah, I forgot about how abominable all of the new legendaries are... but I think that could be easily covered under "Fugly Pokemon".
    While I definitely miss the Bug Catching Contest, I don't really have a problem with the Safari Zone. It's more interesting now and enforces the "some Pokémon are rare idea. Pikachu's supposed to only be native to Viridian Forest or something, so obviously it's gonna be hard to find in other regions where they have to import them to their Safari Zones.
    I like the Safari Zone... it's just the RSE Safari Zone I have a problem with. Why would you make a bunch of sub-par Pokemon so rare?
    ...you don't notice it at all if you aren't a competitive battler and if you are, well, I haven't seen anyone else complaining about it; it adds a lot more strategy to competitive play. I'm not really into it myself (I'll pay attention to nature and ability but that's about it), but I appreciate how complex it can be all the same.
    Pokemon doesn't need to be as complex as it is.
    Yeah, but if I'm paying $45~50 for a handheld game, I don't wanna play 20 hours. I can't play it again right away or else I'll be sick of it so I'd much rather play a 40 to 50-hour game and then play it again when the "third" game comes out. While I don't like the plots, I do like the amount of time I have to put into the game; it feels right.

Agreed.

Kay yeah you didn't touch upon the point that makes me dislike these games and that's the Legendaries. There are too many. Diamond and Pearl has like 15 all on its own or something. That's ridiculous. They aren't rare, amazing, "OH MY GOD I HAVE TO HAVE THAT" Pokémon anymore, they're all over the damn place. :\ I just find it's overkill and that ruins the fun. (Plus I hate the fact that legendaries are so tied into the plot but I'm in the minority with that one, I think.)

How can you complain about contests? They are OPTIONAL. If you don't like them, don't enter them.
    Nintendo only added to the gameplay of RBY/GSC, nothing was taken away. How is it possible that so many people prefer the older games. There are less Pokemon, less attacks, no natures, no abilities and the only thing you could do was level up and beat gyms. there was nothing to do after catching Mewtwo or beating Red other than completing your pokedex and training more pokemon for no reason.
    RSE/DPP have so much more than the originals, both before and after the elite 4.
    All of the new features are optional, so if you don't want to do them don't do them.

If you ignore the storyline and the extra features then you'll notice that DPP is actually exactly the same as RBY with more pokemon, more attacks and more areas to explore.
    More attacks? Yes. But Stealth Rock is an example of how awful most of them are... not as in not useful, but as in they completely ruined the metagame.

Therefore, in my opinion, RSE + DPP > RBY + GSC.

Also, more legendaries = more pokemon which are actually difficult to catch = more time playing game.
    More time wasted... The point of a game isn't to be a pain in the ass, it's to have fun. .-.
    I love catching the legendary pokemon as it takes more strategy than catching regular pokemon, I especially love chasing the roaming legendaries. The only part I hate about legendaries is finding the roaming ones for the first time, a feature which was removed in DPP.

Im sorry but your wrong.
    For me its gsc+dppt+rby>rse. That region should have left alone
    Ha, fair enough! 8DD
    Then go away from these forums and play your crappy old games that you can beat in an hour and never play again.

New gens are so much better than the old ones it's not even funny.
    No, it's not funny. That joke was rather bad, actually. |:
    Your reason #9 is so ****ing dumb I can't even begin to explain how much I am laughing at you. The whole reason they put in abilities is so things MAKE SENSE. Gengar is not a flying type, but he is a FRIGGIN GHOST! How does an Earthquake hurt him when he can FLOAT? Oh, but I understand that this is too complicated for you get wrap your simple mind around.
    It's a ghost... with feet. Which means it's on the ground. But clearly my simple mind wouldn't know that anything on the groud is succeptable to an Earthquake...
    The metagame is balanced now. Before, it was unbalanced and unfun. Things didn't make sense. Dragon type was useless as it had one move that only did 40 damage. Psychic type destroyed everything. To say that the metagame is worse now than it was is just ****ing STUPID.
    And yet... Dragonite and Kingdra were still perfectly usable Pokemon.

Although I think I'll need an Ice Berry for that epic burn.
    You remind me of a narrow-minded old man questioning why things aren't the same as when he grew up. Why, what are all these electronic doohickeys? When I was a kid all we had were sticks and rocks to entertain us! Since when did black people gain rights and start marrying white people? Man things are just too complicated nowadays, I like to live in my own little 12-year old world when things were simpler.
    You're... completely out of control. None of those things are comparable. I think you're just angry at me for no real reason at all.

(Now mods, go ahead and warn me).

Oh, and saying you like the first gens better is one thing. Saying they're better is another thing (stupid), and agreeing with the reasons listed here is just short of complete cerebral failure.
    I'm sorry... but since when are your beliefs and opinions imposed on others? Unless I'm in a mostly joke thread (as in Fugly Pokemon), I don't do that to other people.
    You can't. He's just a complete idiot. And he thinks the "puzzles" are too hard. LOL
    Wow, looks like you should play Colleseum.
    Whoa man, don't you understand! That's all too complex! Change is bad! Since when does pokemon have to be something other than me killing things with my Charizard's Fire Blast? And since when does every pokemon that gets made past me being the age of 10 suck so bad? Geez things were so much simpler and better when I was 8 years old!
    You're trying too hard.
    Well in Normalize, that means any move Skitty and Delcatty use are STAB. Which is pretty sweet.

And with Klutz, keep in mind that not every ability is there to help. (Also, only an idiot would use a Buneary/Lopunny with that ability instead of Run Away/Cute Charm). Slow Start for Regigigas is a terrible ability. The abilities have more to do with the actual pokemon's traits than helping the pokemon out.
    Actually, even Smogon admits that Cute Charm is a much better ability for Delcatty. The Pokemon is only highly used in NU... where the affects of Thunder Wave are a bit null with the lack of Ground and Ghost types.

Klutz is actually pretty useful in competitive... but the metagame was already ruined...

Last edited:
    Years
  • I like adore contests. :c
    EV's and IV's make my breeding job.

DPPt > GSC+RBG for me.

But you do pose good points. At least it wasn't "It's over 150, too many to catch so it sucks." like all my RL friends.

Last edited:

YOOM-TAH

Piplup Fanatic
    Years
  • Wait, you actually read Smogon! WHOA! That place is all new and complex! How could you bring yourself to read something that isn't quick and simple?

Geez Aegis just ban me then. I've already come to the realization that it's useless to try posting somewhere that's infested with 14 year olds who think they're cool by being nostalgic. Poor saps get offended by people who disagree with them and call them out on it. Since when is an argument a bad thing? This place would suck if I just came in and said "I disagree with you but let's kiss and hold hands for having differing opinions!"

Glitter Stain

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2011
    I like adore contests. :c
    EV's and IV's make my breeding job.

DPPt > GSC+RBG for me.

But you do pose good points. At least it wasn't "It's over 150, too many to catch so it sucks." like all my RL friends.
    Ha, well, I can respect your opinion. 8D

I know it's personal preference and all but I don't like it when people bash the old games for no real reason. (So thanks for being reasonable). 8D

Years
  • Ha, well, I can respect your opinion. 8D

I know it's personal preference and all but I don't like it when people bash the old games for no real reason. (So thanks for being reasonable). 8D

Heh, yeah. It's not that I don't like the old games, but I'm a sucker for extras that are added on to something. :x It's bad financially.
    I just always put my foot forth because I adore contests so much, but in reality....
    I'm not sure if I can really judge because I didn't really UNDERSTAND much of what I was doing when I was so young playing the first two.

:3 It founded my love for Pokemon, but I think that there are always room for additions. (I do agree w/ GSC -> Hoenn getting rid of no day/night was bad.)
    Some people like the originals but as long as the nest gens keep the overall feeling alive we could be just a bit nicer to them. (I sound like I'm talking about people?)

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Wait, you actually read Smogon! WHOA! That place is all new and complex! How could you bring yourself to read something that isn't quick and simple?

Geez Aegis just ban me then. I've already come to the realization that it's useless to try posting somewhere that's infested with 14 year olds who think they're cool by being nostalgic. Poor saps get offended by people who disagree with them and call them out on it. Since when is an argument a bad thing? This place would suck if I just came in and said "I disagree with you but let's kiss and hold hands for having differing opinions!"

Dude...CTFD. I agree with the fact that I prefer new over old but I see no reason in flaming back the nostalgic. They are just that, nostalgic. Respect opinions and zip that hole :X

Now, I prefer the new generation over the old because to ME, I prefer challenge and complexity. I'm just that type that likes to exercise the brain and do multiple things at the same time. I am also picky on graphics. To me, as long as it looks cool, it is cool.

Now that's just my opinion. If you kick me were there's no tomorrow I'll just run away. :P.

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
  • RBY + GSC > DPP + RSE

Seriously, I'm not even going to bother reading this thread.

1. Simple objectives without any tricky puzzles. If you have to look something up to be able to progress in a Pokemon game, other than how to progress past a cave, it's too difficult. RSE almost turned the games into Pokemon Puzzle League, especially with its puzzle for obtaining Regice, Regirock, and Registeel. DPP also had its fair share of puzzles -- such as how to "see" Dialga/Palkia.

BAWWWW POKEMON IS TOO HARD. You have got to be kidding me. Puzzles in RSE and DP are retardedly easy, just like they were in GSC and RBY. The Regi puzzles may have been annoying, but at least you had to work for your legends. Also, seeing Dialga/Palkia wasn't even a puzzle. It was talking to a person who would likely know something about those Pokemon.

• You'll never drown. Hoenn is a sad region. It sunk to the bottom of the ocean long ago. They only recently managed to pull it out from the depths of the sea... it's still a bit wet, though. Having to surf for hours isn't fun, and neither is RSE.

I'll give you this one. Either way, it wasn't present in D/P.

• Lavender and Pallet. In RBY, there were only two towns/cities that didn't have gyms. In GSC there were only three. Adding more of these is not replay value -- it's garbage. If you play all day for one day and you haven't even made it to Gardenia, something's wrong.

I don't even know what you're complaining about here. Are you complaining that there are too many towns that don't have gyms? That's retarded- towns without gyms give the world more depth. Besides, there's still 8 gyms, so you're not missing out on anything, assuming you don't have ADD.

• Contests Suck. Plain and simple; contests are plainly terrible and simply awful. They go from the 17 types to "Cool", "Cute", "Tough", "Smart", and "Beauty" which directly translate to: Violent, Pink, Fugly, Mental, and Boring.

BAWWWWW NINTENDO IS FORCING ME TO DO OPTIONAL SIDEQUESTS THAT MANY PEOPLE ACTUALLY LIKE BAWWWWWWWWW

• The Time of Day (and Date) feature was wasted. There were so many daily and hourly events in GSC... where did they go? RSE took about 40 steps back, but DPP tried to rectify the issue. I don't want Drifloon, though, I want Lapras.

Fine.

• Fugly Pokemon. Please view my Fugly Pokemon thread for my views on this issue.

I have viewed said thread, and the fact that you had the gall to insult Spiritomb, Dusknoir, Deoxys, Gliscor, Latios, and Luxray can only mean that you're either a bad troll or completely blind/ retarded.

• Traditional definitions. What defines a legendary, a baby Pokemon, a starter, and fun have all changed in the world of Pokemon. Since when can legendaries have babies at the Daycare? Since when do Baby Pokemon have different types from their parents? (Normal -> Water) Since when could Bayleef (not Chikorita, mind you) be caught? Since when is bad taste fun?

BAWWWWWW I WANT THE SAME BORING POKEMON OVER AND OVER AGAIN. Screw you, these Pokemon keep things at least somewhat unique. Why are you even complaining about this?

• Bug Catching Contest and Safari Zone. Modern versions of these marvels (RSE Safari Zone and DPP Marsh) are far inferior to the originals. Who wants to go out of their way to catch a Pikachu?

Safari Zone has always sucked, although I will agree that it is markedly worse in D/P. But it was somewhat good in RSE- the ability to use Pokeblocks made things interesting.

• EVs, Natures, 31 IVs, and Abilities. All of these things further complicated Competitive Pokemon and in-game Pokemon as well. Gengar is not a Flying-type, it should take damage from Earthquake. EVs make players train longer. Boring. Natures and IVs cause breeding mania and long-term depression.

No. EVs and IVs make the game actually somewhat balanced and competitive. Also, EVS AND IVS HAVE EXISTED SINCE RED AND BLUE.

And Gengar can float. I don't see why he shouldn't have Levitate.

• Shorter Games. The shorter games actually provided more replay value... you knew you would have fun playing the game again and again because you wouldn't have to stop and train for hours just to get your Pokemon to level >9,000. The levels are very low in GSC (the first part) and that makes it so much more easy-going.

If you have to stop and grind, you suck at Pokemon.

• Nostalgia. Uh, yeah, duh.

You've just completely invalidated your entire opinion.

Glitter Stain

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2011
    Seriously, I'm not even going to bother reading this thread.

Lol, you did?

BAWWWW POKEMON IS TOO HARD. You have got to be kidding me. Puzzles in RSE and DP are retardedly easy, just like they were in GSC and RBY. The Regi puzzles may have been annoying, but at least you had to work for your legends. Also, seeing Dialga/Palkia wasn't even a puzzle. It was talking to a person who would likely know something about those Pokemon.

I also work for monetary compensation... I'll trade you my Regice for your salary!

I don't even know what you're complaining about here. Are you complaining that there are too many towns that don't have gyms? That's retarded- towns without gyms give the world more depth. Besides, there's still 8 gyms, so you're not missing out on anything, assuming you don't have ADD.

You can't say that Jubilife wasn't missing a gym... what's wrong with having more than 8 gyms?

And how do small towns with shallow histories and little time spent in them add depth to anything?

BAWWWWW NINTENDO IS FORCING ME TO DO OPTIONAL SIDEQUESTS THAT MANY PEOPLE ACTUALLY LIKE BAWWWWWWWWW

I would much prefer them put time into features that would generally attract genuine Pokemon fans... I bought a Pokemon game, after all.

I have viewed said thread, and the fact that you had the gall to insult Spiritomb, Dusknoir, Deoxys, Gliscor, Latios, and Luxray can only mean that you're either a bad troll or completely blind/ retarded.

I can see that you still haven't gotten over aragornbird leaving PC. It doesn't look like he's coming back, so anyone who was protected under his modship is now free prey for anyone else.

BAWWWWWW I WANT THE SAME BORING POKEMON OVER AND OVER AGAIN. Screw you, these Pokemon keep things at least somewhat unique. Why are you even complaining about this?

BAWWWW! BAWWWWW!

Safari Zone has always sucked, although I will agree that it is markedly worse in D/P. But it was somewhat good in RSE- the ability to use Pokeblocks made things interesting.

That's not interesting at all. ||:

No. EVs and IVs make the game actually somewhat balanced and competitive. Also, EVS AND IVS HAVE EXISTED SINCE RED AND BLUE.
    Lol I said that? The point was that they added 16 more IVs. And if EVs have existed since RBY... why aren't they listed in any analysis before the Advanced Generation? (so if they did exist, they obviously weren't important...)

You've just completely invalidated your entire opinion.
    Ha, ha, ha ha ha, hahahaha, ha. Lol. Lmao. Rofl. XD? Nostalgia is a lot more than RSE has going for itself.
    Replies in bold, any questions?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back