• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

(Reach Into Time) [PG 16]

Status
Not open for further replies.

YoshiRiRu

xX~Lord of the Storm~Xx
Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 27, 2016
    Reach Into Time

7:26 PM - Pewter City

As the media quietly shuffled into the Pewter City Archaelogical Society's modestly sized assembly hall behind the esteemed doctors and scholars of his field, Professor Alvin S. Theodore stood fidgeting at the podium, his eyes shut tight. How could I be so stupid, he thought nervously, as to get myself into this situation? Professor Theodore was undoubtedly the most knowledgeable of the three scientists who was sharing the knowledge of the project, but he was also undubitably the worst speaker. Professor Kalm was younger, more energetic, and most importantly, had more hair. He could easily read from a paper or some- he opened his eyes and realized with horror that everyone was silent; they were waiting for HIM to speak. He put a sweaty hand on his balding head, pushed back what little hair he had left, took a shaky breath and began.

"Um, thank you all for coming." he began.

"In the past few months, Professors Eric Kalm and Janine Ortail and myself have made startling and exciting discoveries in the Eastern Sea, lying between Kanto and Hoenn. Recent dives have provided irrefutable evidence of a submerged continent nearly a mile under the water, artifacts dating back tens of thousands of years, and even ruins of massive cities rivalling even Goldenrod or Celadon Cities.." Taking a shaky breath, Professor Theodore listened to the excited murmur leaking from his audience. As his audience's anticipation grew, Professor Theodore's anxiety diminished, and he found himself no longer wringing his hands, but gripping the podium with an unintended vigor. He continued,

"This new exciting discovery shows, without a doubt, that humans and Pokemon have been living in harmony for far longer than we had ever imagined, far before the use of Pokeballs or Acorn technology were available or even dreamt of! Pottery and paintings show humans and pokemon working together to farm, hunt, and even fight wars!"

"Although we are unsure of its exact dimensions, we know that it extends far enough north and south to have very varied climates, from hot and dry to cold and damp. However, apparently most of the center of the land was covered with dry canyons with huge mountain chains. We know very little about their culture or religion, but its assumed they worshipped weather dieties, the most prominent being a rain diety that strongly resembles what we know today to be Kyogre. Other, more obscure peices of lore wrote in fear of a torrential rain that would send their land into the sea were found, although they were often hastily written and more often than not, they were neatly hidden or disposed of, possibly attempts of Kyogre worshippers to debunk any of these theories." Professor Theodore stopped to adjust his glasses, slipping off the bridge of his slippery nose, and took a sip of his water bottle before going on.

"As exciting as this discovery is, we must desperately urge any rookie explorers not to try and, -ahem- do some research of their own." His eyes darkened, and he looked up. "The waters surrounding the higher peaks, which is where most average trainers will find their pokemon can take them, are very rough. The tousling seas make good home for giant Tentacruel, who are unusually agressive for this time in the year, and will attack any passing vessel. I repeat, no vessel should come within a good distance of the main exploration site, which I've taken the liberty of giving the coordinates to all major ports. All ports should radio out to any ships still out tonight. Thank you, and good night."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

7:32 PM - On the East Sea

Captain Arthur Caine of the S.S. Elixer wasn't worried when his radio went out. As a matter of fact, he usually left it off for most of the trip; he was a man who loved the sea, and sitting listening to a bunch of young punks tell him when to turn left or blow his nose ruined the splendor for him. He had taken the round trip from Kanto to Hoenn hundreds of times, and knew it like the back of his hand. Besides, his map still worked, and Captain Caine wasn't going to allow his young crew to panic just because they lost a little bit of radio time. They were out in the middle of the ocean, and it was raining. They were bound to lose a little bit of radio contact.

However, as the hours passed, the captain of the Elixer became a tad troubled. The waters were choppier than usual, and even some of the electrical systems were on the fritz. To calm his nerves, the captain stepped outside onto the bow, to get a breath of sea air. As he inhaled deeply, he opened his eyes, suddenly whitening in terror. Even through the rain, the sight of two, no, three massive Tentacruels charging his way was unmistakable. Frozen with fear, the captain thought "At this time of year? Tentacruels aren't even near here this season.." The formation of Tentacruels soon grew to five, and they stopped only a few hundred yards away from the ship, and began to circle ominously.

This broke Caine's trance and he dashed into the helm, where he grasped the radio. "Come in! Slateport Harbor, come in! Slat-" he was interrupted by a terrific blow that knocked him to the ground. Standing up, he groggily realized that one of the huge beasts must have rammed into the ship. He regained his hold on the radio and addressed the passengers.

"Attention all passengers and crew! A swarm of Tentacruel has attacked our vessel, and it's likely that evacuation will be required. Please calmly - " BAM! Another huge shockwave knocked into the ship, but this time the captain stood his ground. Gritting his teeth, he finished "Make your way to the closest life raft. Women and children first!" Another shockwave, followed by a sickening wrench told the captain with grave certainty that the hull had been breached. As he watched from the helm, he watched the Tentacruel leave the scene, satisfied with their work. That's one blessing, but with no radio connection, there's no way for us to be found...

Nobody saw the alpha Tentacruel. Coming up from beneath the ship, it stood a hundred feet high and fifty feet wide, easily tossing the speedy craft into the air, along with anyone on her deck. As the electricity on the ship finally completely failed, a crack of lightning split the sky, briefly illuminating the massive sea monster in the rain, and then all was dark.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

You were, for whatever reason, on the S.S. Elixer, the one ship travelling from Olivine City, through Vermillion, and finally on it's way towards Slateport that night. When you awake, you find yourself on the shore of a place that neither you (nor a poketch or pokegear) can recognize. You have no phone service, and any communication devices you may have are completely silent. Where are you? A quick look inland shows that you're on the edge of a deep jungle, and you think you can see signs of civilization around, but it seems a bit odd.. Did anyone else survive the crash? Who knows? Looks like as of right now, you're on your own, caught caught in the everlasting reach of time.

</story>

-RULES-

1. Obey all PC and RP section rules.
    2. This is a very open RP, so feel free to expand how you wish, but that means you must be very mature with your RPing, and must be able to find the balance between creating and going with the flow. I think it's fair to assume that once someone has said that something is the way it is, that's generally the way it is. If something seems off or too abstract, I'll take a shot at it, but I think we'll have a good time.
    3. THUS, I expect a fairly meaty chunk of text with each post. Remember, this place is yours to create, don't shy on the details! That's how you can build a world that your fellow RPers can build off of and create for themselves. Everyone writes to help everyone!
    4. Since we're obviously in the past, many things aren't created yet. No pokeballs, potions, or anything highly medical. Berries are certainly around, I'm sure that there are some home spun remedies that some civilians came up with..
    5. Speaking of civilians, if you happen to have some of those futuristic type items with you, you can use 'em, but beware of superstitious, terrified civilians who might attack you or suspect you of being a witch, or maybe even worship you.. who knows!?
    6. Let me just insist that since this is so free, we want to have as real an experience as possible; be your own author, but make sure you make it accessible for the next person to add or comment on things. You'll get what I mean once we get going, but I'm just saying be open minded.
    7. Open the cheat console and turn god mode off. Bad things will happen to you, and to all of us. No exceptions. Bad things happened in the past. True story.

-Ye Olde Sign-up Sheet-

Name: First and Last.
    Description: Make sure it's thorough please. Don't be shy on the details. This section will help me judge how well you generate visuals, and therefore be suited to help sculpt this world of ours.
    Personality: Another big one. Help me get to really know your character. I'd like a paragraph for his/her basic personality traits, and then you can make lists for the criteria below. Again, make this realistic.
    Strengths and Weaknesses:
    Likes and Dislikes:
    Skills:
    History: Here's where you back up your character. Who are they? Where are they from? What's their story? Most importantly, why were they going on the S.S. Elixer? I don't want to hear about how they were trying to explore the uncharted area because that report was made about 5 hours into the 11 hour trip. So you're on the boat. Why? What's bringing you from Kanto/Johto to Hoenn. Work? Goin' home? Explorin'? Let me have it.
    Pokemon: No legendaries, please. Any number is fine, and don't forget the possibilities of finding new buddy pokes on the continent, but good luck taming them. You can provide personalities for your pokes as well, if you'd like. Levels and Movesets not required, nor wished.
    Other: Anything else? Pokegear? Poketch? Asthma? Diabetes? Narcolepsy? Drop it all here.
    RP Sample: This is the big cahuna. THIS will tell me if you'll have fun on this little journey we're having. If it's not too much trouble, I'd like something original. All I want is a description of the Tentacruel attack from your perspective, and waking up and exploring the immediate area. No cities, nothing elaborate. Just create a small piece of action, and a small piece of scenery for me.

I hope I haven't scared anybody interested off. I just sorta ran rampant with this. Enjoy, and sign away!

I think we'll wait for a total of 6, but we'll make due with 5.

1. Abigail Ventura - Scarf
    2. Tyler Smith - Prodditt
    3. Blue Genjineko - YoshiRiRu

Last edited:
    Years
  • Name: Abigail Ventura

Description: Befitting a life surrounded by water, Abigail has the athletic figure of a swimmer: strong legs, thick arms and smooth, toned muscle all over. Her skin is quite tan, her eyes a deep brown, her hair short, wispy and sun-bleached to a warm sepia. She wears a simple sleeveless yellow sundress and straw cowboy hat over her eyes on hot, sunny days. Colder days see her dress up by moving to a jumper, blouse and stocking ensemble. A long beaded necklace and a pair of well-worn sneakers are her partner whenever she goes traveling, as is the scuffed up camera case hanging from her shoulder. She has a small nose, a wide mouth and a mischievous look in her eyes.

Personality: Abigail tries to plan for everything she does. She reads up on places she's going to visit, checks the weather forecast, and asks around for the latest gossip. It has given her the reputation of a nosy know-it-all, but she maintains that she simply doesn't like to be caught unprepared. She is forthright and opinionated most of the time, but is awkward and evasive when dealing with personal topics. She feels it is safer not to approach people she wants to get to know and better to make herself mysterious in the hopes that she will attract them into making the first move. As often as not, she gives off an air of indifference which means she spends a lot of time alone feeling frustrated that she was misunderstood again. She thinks of herself as playful and charming and that anyone who doesn't is too dense to be worth her time. She is not above lying and cheating to get her way, but only as a last resort because it will annoy her that she couldn't manage without resorting to dirty tactics. She won't admit it to herself, but she is lonely and wants to grow close to someone.

Strengths and Weaknesses: Abigail has a good memory, but poor eyesight.

Likes and Dislikes: Although she spends a lot of time in the water she does not like rain and gloomy weather in general. She likes flying, though she does not often get the chance to experience it. She is also fond of music, puzzles and playing the occasional trick on someone.

Skills: Swimming, snorkeling, scuba diving and sailing are all part of her work and she is competent in most tasks relating to working at sea.

History: Abigail grew up and spent most of her life in and around Pacifidlog Town. She has worked for Pokemon Habitat Recovery, a group helping to clean up the oceans and beaches of Hoenn and create suitable homes for wild Pokemon, for years. Though the work never paid much it did allow her to travel all across Hoenn. She documented every new place she visited in a photo scrapbook she keeps under her bed. Most of the early photos show her Surskit, a Pokemon she has had for years, and later ones have her Masquerain. Very few show Abigail herself since she prefers to be behind the camera. In recent months she has been saving money for a trip to Johto to visit her grandparents in Cianwood who she has not seen in years. In the weeks leading up her trip she was given a Corsola and Staryu for her years of work. She was on her way home when the Tentacruel attacked.

Pokemon: Masquerain and Magmemite (missing, see RP sample), Staryu, Corsola

Other: Abigail believes in and is frightened by ghosts.

RP Sample: Abigail sprawled on her bunk and sighed. She regretted buying the book the instant she handed the clerk her money. Static popped and crackled as her Magnemite picked up the sparse chatter of the crew's radio traffic. The Goldenrod Murders. The title should have made her cautious. The author's name should have sealed it. Rain battered against the window, a non-stop tapping against the fishbowl she found herself stuck in. Amity Woodsworth, you are a hack.

She looked around the room again. There was her luggage pushed into a corner. The lamp overhead cast its blue-white glow, the cheap novel with its insipid title stared up from the floor, and on an end table sat her Pokeballs and Magnemite, perched like bird and still as stone, but inside racing with currents of electricity. She closed her eyes and there it was, her photobook, leaning against the bed in her grandparents' guestroom. It hadn't made it to her knapsack. She hadn't packed it. Even as her grandmother hugged her with those thin arms and told her to send more pictures it had not entered her mind that she left it sitting there.

A piercing distorted scream cut through her daydream. Abigail jumped to her feet. Her Magnemite shook and rattled like a bomb. Sparks and arcs of glowing energy erupted all over its body. Then the lights went out. The flickering light show before her paled in comparison to the sight just outside the porthole. Between flashes of lightning, rising out from the water, she saw the silhouettes of monsters.

Seconds later the floor lurched up. Abigail tried to keep her balance as her Pokemon and Pokeballs rolled off the table to the floor. She reached to pick them up, but just as suddenly as it had risen the floor sank. As if a hole had opened her feet, she fell. Abigail landed with her back against the cabin door and the Magnemite crashed into Abigail's chest. Her body burned as she tried to move the still panicking Pokemon off her. The room spun. Her vision blurred. Everything flickered in and out of shadow. The storm descended onto the Elixer.

When the clouds passed Abigail found herself on land again. Three sets of irregular footprints marked the sand on the beach. Beside her were the Corsola and Staryu that not a week ago weren't with her. They had carried her out from the storm. She crouched down to run a hand across their rough bodies. Corsola pressed back affectionately and Staryu stood still, its eyeless gaze turned up to her. Without them she would have drowned in the storm.

The sun beat down on the castaways. The sand below her feet burned under the heat. Abigail looked around. The beach stretched in either direction before disappearing around the edge of the jungle. Her other Pokemon were nowhere. She felt her throat tighten as she tried to keep from crying. Staryu prodded her leg. It pointed toward the sky then inland. An ominous wind shook the canopy of the jungle like a chill running down the spine of the land itself. Abigail feared that if she went too deep into the jungle she might never come out again.

"Yes, we should find shelter. We can look for them as soon as it cools down."

Last edited:

Faeldrake

Werewolf
    Years
    • Seen Sep 28, 2015
    Name: Connor L.
    Description: Connor is big, charismatic and wild. He stands a huge 6ft2" and has long lean arms and legs. He keps his thick, light brown hair long and partially unkempt. He has kind brown eyes and a pretty nice three-days-beard. (For a tennager standard i mean) He is very athletic and has a very strong voice. He always tans right away in the sun, so he already has a nice deep tan.
    He wears a black T-Shirt saying "S.T.E.T", when someone asks what it means he just smiles, and a pair of long ripped jeans, giving him the all together look of a punk or rocker.
    Personality: Connor is the born leader. He is smart, strong and charismatic. He has mastered the art to make friends in about 50 sec. He is a genius when it comes to science and loves anything from electronics to biology. He doesn't shy away to tell everyone else what he thinks and couldn't care less at an insult or the like. He is also very sarcastic, getting him into trouble all over the place. He never understood why Pokemon should be the ones fighting and trained fighting since young years, evenso he lacked the disciplen to practice a true martial art. His father was a palentheologist giving him at least rudimentary understanding of primitive cultures. He also prides himself of staying cool even in the harshest of situations. Well this would hold true if it weren't for one simple fact: He is terrified of dieing. Ever since he lost his sister he fears not only for his own life, but also for the lives of others.

Strengths: Charisma, Willpower
    Weaknesses: Can easily fail a physicall test if he has some bad luck, has problems accepting other leaders, accute fear of death
    Likes: building all kinds of apparatuses, chilling, zombies
    Dislikes: Cruelty, injustice, incompetent people, small poisonous animals
    Skills: Great Pokemon Trainer, Science

History: Connor grew up in an out of the way place at the edge of a continental sized forest. He often disappeared into that forest for days or even weeks to live with the pokemon. Thanks to his speciall abilities in training he was able to quickly rise in the ranks of trainers and stormed right through any adversarie. This likely brought him into lots of trouble with all kinds of partys, most notable Team Rocket and Team Galaxis. Coming to a climax when on an light, spring day, they set fire to a chemistry plant he was visiting at the moment. He barely escaped with his life, many others didn't. Including his little sister. He never overcame that tragedy. He was on the ship that faithfull day as a stop between his travel to the elite four themselves when it was capsized.

Pokemon:
    Fiera the female Salamance
    Fiera was Connor's first pokemon, they met themselves the first time when Connor was out camping and he heard sounds of an injured Pokemon. Dashing out of his hiding place he found a young bagon being attacked by a large Mightyena. He threw in a Poke Doll he had and made his escape. Since then he and Fiera have been best friends.

Metagross
    Connor first met Beldum when he was in one of his frequent fights with Team Rocket. After clearing out the whole building he found one last room containing this little fellow.

(Male) Blastoise
    Given to him as a squirtle by professor Oak when he was a young trainer in Kanto.

(Male) Joltean
    He caught this evee when he was adventuring out in Kanto and since then used a thunderstone to evolve him.

Connor utilizes an extremely effective Type based strategie and is confident he could beat any enemie.

RP sample: "Disaa ouh rah say aheenaraoueeta oouhoora inaua babauuraha
    Yatatim ouuuhrat!
    Twist
    Twist
    Twist
    Twist
    Puteh eeuurana ..." Connor's music was so loud the neighbourse feared the room might burst. "Shut the f?&# down over there!" someone yelled into his room. "Up yours too!" He yelled back. He turned it down though. "Might aswell do something different." He muttered, and left his room. "I need some action now..." He looked around for SOMETHING. He was really bored now, the kind of 'I should be doing something really important' kind of boredom. "Maybe i should pick a fight with some trainers around here. Gotta be someone worth a fight." He frowned on himself for saying that. "I sound like some kind of stupid punck." He continued along the wide steel railing. The sun shown in his face, warming his whole body. He looked out to the seas. He saw something, and it was coming closer. "Holy sh&^ are those tentacruels?" Surely they were. A thick angry cloud moved in over the boat. It started to rain and thunder. Connor bolted into the next doorway when the whole shipped rocked from a huge impact. "Oh no, bad, bad, bad. All skills in the world won't help you if I sink in the middle of the ocean." He turned around and looked for something to hold onto. Suddenly it struck him like a lightning: "I could seriously die" It's strange, of all the weird and dangerous things he had done, he never thought about drowning from fatigue. WHAM! Another impact. Connor tried his best too calm down. Doing his typicall breathing exercises.
    Then the captain announced the evacuation. He panicked now. It wasn't because he could die, he had a water Pokemon with him after all. But that word 'evacuation', it held a meaning for him, ever since that faithfull spring day. No one saw the alpha come, nobody thought they might capsize, but then all thoughts were lost to watery depths.

"PLas, urrm agh." He spat out some saltwater. He was laying on a nice sandy beach. "Am i dead? Is this heaven? I don't feel dead" He looked down at himself. His jeans were ripped and he was bleeding. With a moan of pain he slowly got up. His legs burnt like fire from the salt water. His belt with his Pokemon was still their. He sighed in relief. Now he took a good look around. The beach went as long as he could see and was all pure white sand. It hurt his eyes to stare at it. Beyond the beach he saw a dark forbiding jungle. He calmed himself down. "All continents are civilised, i just have to find a city and he, jungles are full of edible fruit." He cursed at himself for forgetting his pokegear in the suite. "Ok, i know you die when you go into the cursed jungle, but i don't have any other choices." And he began his slow, awkward descend into the thick undergrowth

Last edited:

YoshiRiRu

xX~Lord of the Storm~Xx
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 27, 2016
    I'm so happy that you guys are interested in my RP; I was starting to think nobody would sign up.

Scarf: I like your prose style and I like your character. Nice and descriptive, easy to read, and Accepted.

Faeldrake: I'm sorry, but I can't help but think that you aren't exactly cut out for this particular RP. In looking through your sign up I noticed that your character is oddly prepared for the precise events that are going to occur, which doesn't seem realistic. There was a point where you mentioned your frequent battles with Team Rocket? How did that happen? Your story of fighting a Mightyena bare handed and winning is a little fish too. And the whole thing about you going in and living in the forest for days and days? That seems kind of odd. In your sample you exhibit frequent use of profanity, uncanny lack of emotion or reaction to events, and just a general lack of attention to detail. I'm sorry, but you're Declined.

Proddit: You're on the fence with me. I find that you are also a little too perfect. I'm not noticing a lot of detail in your posts either, I feel like it's like you want to get from point A to point B, and you skip out on a lot of details. Giant Tentacruel attacked your boat, but you instead cracked jokes about Pokeballs and then grabbed as much medical equipment as you could? I got mixed messages from that. You woke up, and there was sand. In front of you there was a forest. I mean there's so much more that can be said about that. Your sign up is a little too straightforward; you went on amazing adventures with your parents, but what do they do? That was the end of it?

You write in block format, which is a little hard on the eyes. Try separating lines more often when you have a new idea, or when somebody new speaks. I'm sorry I'm busting your chops like this, but I used to do the exact same things. If you really want to try and step up your game and immerse yourself in this world and just describe it as you yourself would see it, I'll give you a shot to re-work your sign-up. Pending.

Here's my sign-up, while we're here.

Name: Blue Genjineko

Description: Glancing briefly at Blue, the first thing you'd notice is his eyes. His crystal blue oclulars that shine out like a lighthouse in a storm are easily his best feature. Not to say the rest of his face is undesireable; he has a pleasant smile and oddly well proportioned facial features; everything seems to be in the right place. Unfortunately, his pleasant face makes little room for any other impressive features. He is by no means muscular or otherwise physically overpowering. However, he is by no means fat - at just over six foot and 135 pounds he stands tall and lean over most other people that he knows. His sand colored hair is untamable - At its longest in the back, it sits at the middle of his neck, and in the front it just loves to dangle an inch or so in front of his eyes whenever he needs it NOT to. Because of that fact, a pair of black racer's goggles hold the hair just above his browline, where it is held at bay, for the most part. These goggles are not simply a fashion statement; they are invaluable when in poor weather when good visibility is key.

Apparel wise, he loves to wear layers. Usually, what he wears is simple enough; a T-shirt with various logos and slogans on them, all of which is covered with a gray flight jacket with a pokeball insignia over the left breast. In hot weather it might just be his favorite T-shirt, a tight fitting black t-shirt with a red and white rocketship flying through space. His favorite pants are a pair of stone gray jeans that he wears nearly constantly. He only owns one pair of shoes; a pair of once jet-black hi-tops with neon green laces, riddled with tears and rips. He has a standard pack with an extra pocket for his Pokegear.

Personality: Blue may be the coolest guy you'll ever meet. He's extremely laid back, and even if he isn't THAT amazing, the way he talks, he'll have you eating out of his hand within 15 minutes. He's a smooth talker inside and out, and can usually convince people that what he's saying is true, even if it's a complete and utter lie. He suffers from a minor superiority complex. He's always been an accomplished trainer, and therefore, rarely takes a challenge seriously. He isn't one to brag or boast, because he thinks he doesn't have to; EVERYONE already knows how cool he is. In times of trouble though, his ego diminishes and he is open to suggestions from any fellow team members. If he's in charge, he has no patience for disobedience and will easily leave behind someone who isn't willing to work for the good of the team.

Blue's intuition is unmatched in the sense that he can tell right off the bat if he's going to like someone or not. In addition, his negotiation skills are unrivaled. He's an excellent mediator, and can usually resolve a conflict with minimal effort. He's a fabulous speaker, and you give him a piece of your heart, don't expect to be rid of him anytime soon - he'll steal the rest from right under your nose.

Blue doesn't have many glaring fears, but what do exist are fairly severe to say the least. First of all - Blue is terrified of spiders of all shapes and kinds. Usually, it just ends with Blue covering his eyes, and trying to ignore his shaking knees, but taunt him enough, and you might find your dear Spinarak in several pieces across the room, and a sobbing Blue in the corner. In addition, although not quite as serious, Blue has a mild dislike of heights. Looking at extremely high buildings and rickety thrill rides are enough to make Blue fidget. Blue has never liked the advice "Don't look down!" Because in the end, what are you ALWAYS going to do?

++ Negotiation
    ++ Stealth
    ++ Leadership
    --Running
    --Leading the unwilling
    --Balance

Likes and Dislikes:
    ++Music
    ++Friends
    --Spiders
    --Heights

Skills:
    Mediating, Cooking, Memory, Quick Handed.

History: Born and raised in Ecruteak City, Johto. For the first 13 years of his life, he lived a fairly rural life. His parents owned an old inn off the outskirts of town, where he spent most of his childhood, being homeschooled by a woman from Olivine, where he learned everything he needed to know. When he turned 15, he decided to study abroad in Kanto. With a hug and a kiss from his parents, he hopped onto the magnet train in Goldenrod en route for Saffron City. That was the last he ever saw of them. Nobody know where they went. They simply disappeared. When he went back to the Inn, it was abandoned, and up for sale. He spent a few months there trying to convince the elders of the town not to tear it down, and finally got a young couple to take care of it - Mark and Nancy Consel, along with their son, Artemis. However, his satisfaction for saving his old home was shortlived - after 2 months back in his shoddy apartment in Saffron, the fact that his parents were missing really hit home, and he spiralled into a deep depression.

He finally broke out of his slump by travelling. He learned the entirety of the Kanto landscape, staying in every town and traversing every route. Before he began travelling, he had never done much Pokemon training; he found his responsibilities to the Inn and his education to take up too much time. As he battled his way through Kanto, he found himself to be quite capable, easily connecting with and forming bonds with his pokemon. He is by no means a collector, choosing to only have a few partners with him at a time; this makes for deeper connections not only between him and his partners but inter-team dynamics as well.

As his knowledge of the world grew, Blue was offered a position at Silph Co, delivering important products throughout Kanto and the surrounding regions. One particular trip took him to Hoenn, on the S.S. Elixer...

Pokemon:

Sneasel - Male - "Lash"

Personality - As a Pokemon, Lash is useful, alright, but as a partner, Lash is indespensible. He is very humorous, and can always put a smile on people's faces. Also, as a Sneasel, he can get into heavily secure places in a ninjaic style. He knows a lot about most places, and can read maps excellently. He loves to explore, and loves to climb, be it rocks, trees, or the enemy. He has a vast knowledge of medicinal herbs and natural remedies, so he has Blue keep a pocket in his pack open for such remedies.

History - During his travels in Kanto, Blue found himself face to face with a Sneasel. It was odd, how similar they were. Both were travelling just to travel, both were confident and witty, and both of them really had nowhere to go. Tired of being alone, Lash joined up with Blue and they've been inseperable ever since. Lash was the first pokemon that Blue really connected with as a partner, and they've both taught each other a lot about being a team.

Scyther - Male - "Scyther"

Personality - Although he is not exactly a veteran of the team, Scyther is rock solid. He cannot be tempted away from his leader, and is loyal to the death. He doesn't speak much and is more interested in self improvement through training than socializing. Strangely, although he is relatively young, his blades are riddled up and down with scars. Nevertheless, he is a fast, but deadly adversary.

History - While on the way through Kanto, Blue stopped in Fuschia City. While leaving the town at night, he spotted something moving around in the bushes. A young Scyther was found, practicing cutting small branches with his still developing blades. Blue missed no opportunity to capture it.

Dodrio - Male - "Dodrio" or sometimes "The Stooges"

Personality - Like most Dodrios, Dodrio's heads are usually arguing. When they aren't, however, they are very friendly, and love to joke around, their slapstick comedy earned them their latter nickname. In battle, however, they are ALWAYS in synch, and use their tripled brainpower to execute lightning fast complex maneuvers.

History - When on his cross country tour along Kanto, he managed to capture a Lickitung. But alas, it was useless. A pokemaniac on the prowl saw him battling with it, and frantically offered a trade. Blue couldn't refuse.. (and didn't really want to, anyway.)

Lanturn - Female - "Lady"

Personality - Lady is the only girl on the team. The name is nothing if not ironic, however because she makes up for it with immense ferocity when she battles. She makes an excellent underwater scout, and can surf almost as fast as a motorboat at full speed. Outside of battle, Lady is as much of one of the guys as the rest of them, laughing, joking, fighting.. you name it, she can do it.

History - Plain ol' captured in Vermillion City, off the west coast.

RP Sample:

<I hate boats.> said Lash, fiddling with a pillow while laying on the bunk of Blue's suite. <I hate boats, I hate the water, I hate... wet.> he shuddered and swatted the air with his claws, as if batting away a water sprite that was threatening to dab his nose with a big ball of wet.
    "Would you quiet down?" said Blue, slightly irritated. "You know you're not supposed to even be out right now. They have very strict rules about pokemon use on a small ship like this. Besides, you're the one who wanted to come out anyway. Begged. Pleaded."
    <Yeah, well now I change my mind.> the sneasel grumped, crossing his arms. <Put me back.> Blue rolled his eyes, picked Lash's pokeball from his waist and returned him, sitting back down on the bunk where Lash had been, leaning back against a pillow and closing his eyes. Truth be told, he didn't like boats much at all either, but Silph was paying for his suite, and he was about to visit Hoenn, a place he had never been before. He opened his bag and examined the small parcel that had been given to him to deliver to Professor Birch in Littleroot. He had met Birch once before, and they.. didn't get along. Suffice it to say that the man left Silph Co. with an almost broken nose. What had even happened? Well, either way it would be the first and last time he ever punched a client; the dock in his pay made sure of that.

As night began to fall, Blue wandered out onto the deck to get a breath of sea air. While he didn't much care for the sea itself, its scent and the quality the air took on when introduced to the ocean environment was always soothing to Blue. Towns like Vermillion and Fuschia had these kind of scents, making them two of Blue's favorite towns to visit. As he looked out at the endless blue, he winced as a drop of water fell from the sky and plopped cleanly on his nose. Looking up, he took note of the dark gray clouds and blackening sky before being pelted again, this time in the eye. "I see what you mean." mumbled Blue. Before the heavy rain began to pour, Blue made his way back into his cabin, where he had a decent view of the absolute nothing that there was to see. He eventually laid down to go to sleep, and just as sleep claimed him, a thunderous explosion racked his room, knocking over the table lamp and shattering it, leaving only the tiny ceiling lamp barely illuminating the cabin. The loudspeaker crackled to life soon after, with the captain's shaky voice strongly suggesting everyone make for the lifeboats. Grabbing his pack, Blue darted out the door.

In the mass of panicking passengers and thundering rain, Blue could barely make out a procession of huge shapes circling the boat. Right as he was climbing into a life raft, the Alpha tentacruel lifted the boat with its massive body and Blue was lost among the waves.

The sound of gentle surf drifted to Blue's ears, and he swam into consciousness, laying on his back. The half of his body that was untouched by the sun was completely drenched, and as Blue staggered to his feet, the cold sea water dripped down his back and made him shiver. He took his shirt off, and for the first time since awakening, he wondered just where he was. His Pokegear was shot, that's for sure, so he had no access to a map. He let all of his Pokemon out to have a look.

<This is Slateport?> said Scyther doubtfully, gently carressing his blades together as he stretched.
    <I can't imagine it being,> said Lady, <This water is much too clean. I've never been in water that's not even the slightest bit dirty..> Dodrio sniffed the air with two of it's heads while the third remarked,
    <The air is different, too. I've never been in air like THIS before. It makes me want to run!> Before he could take off, Dodrio was stopped by Lash.
    <This IS odd. Don't you be going anywhere.> Blue looked around, examining his surroundings. There WAS something odd, something strangely primal about the atmosphere. The forest that loomed in front of him looked almost alive; the trees swayed innocently in the breeze and a group of Pidgey settled in a nearby tree. "Where.. are we?" Blue wondered aloud.

YoshiRiRu

xX~Lord of the Storm~Xx
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 27, 2016
    It's all about what you put into it. Just see it in your head as you're writing it. See it through your characters. If you think you can keep up with the RP, welcome aboard. You're accepted.

Game Over1375

Hito-Shura is awesome
    Years
  • My SU

I really like this idea. Here's my SU.

Name: Gamis Oliver Stevenson

Description: Gamis stands at six feet tall and weighs in at a lean 185 pounds of muscle with lightly tanned skin, so he is usually noticed rather easily by all. His mix of blonde and black hair is rather curly and goes a little past his shoulders. Another feature that is quickly noticed is that his eyes are two different colors. His right eye is a hazel color while the other is an emerald green. He has absolutely no idea why they are like that though.

Gamis is mostly seen wearing a white t-shirt with black silk jeans and black converses, and he is usually always wearing a black fedora hat. However, when it is cold he wears a black leather trench coat that covers his whole body and backpack rather easily. His backpack is rather small and can hold very little supplies. He likes traveling light.

Personality: Gamis is a very calm and quiet individual who likes to keep to himself. He has very few friends, and he likes to keep it that way. He is very independent, and he will try to do things that would be hard for him to do, but easy for his Pokemon. Despite his independent and quiet exterior, Gamis loves being around people and Pokemon. He likes telling stories about his travels, and he absolutely loves battling. Now, one would think if he likes people so much, why doesn't he have alot of friends? Well, he hates saying good-bye to a friend.

Gamis is a fairly intelligent being who can make a plan and several back-up plans on the spot. That goes for battling and anything else that requires planning. He also has the ability to use his senses in ways that blows people's minds, making some think he has psychic powers. His senses, however, are nothing when he is sick, which is frequently because he has an extremely weak immune system.

As far as fears are concerned, he only has three. He fears losing friends, losing his medication, and he HATES snake Pokemon.

Spoiler:

Likes and Dislikes:
    Spoiler:

Skills:
    Spoiler:

Pokemon:

Sceptile
    Nickname: None
    Personality: Being Gamis's first Pokemon, he behaves much like Gamis. Unlike Gamis, however, he knows when he needs a helping hand. He shares a very close bond with Gamis, and almost all of Gamis's Pokemon view him as an older brother.
    History: When he was a Treecko, he was captured by a poacher, who lived in Viridian City. When the poacher came back to Viridian, he realized that the Treecko had escaped. The Treecko then traveled to Pallet Town, where he was soon found by Prof. Oak and given to Gamis as his starter. At first, he didn't trust Gamis, but that soon changed after several battles. Now a Sceptile, he is Gamis's fastest Pokemon.

Magmortar
    Nickname: Volcannon
    Personality: This Pokemon is flaming, figurtively and physically. He is very flamboyant in everything he does, leading to most people and Pokemon thinking he is gay. Be aware that when he gets angry, he cannot control his body heat. When he is battling, he heats things up in ways that makes most people faint from the heat. While he and Gamis are friends and partners, Volcannon and Queenler are best friends despite their types.
    History: Gamis received Volcannon in a trade when he was a Magmar. Fortunately for Gamis, Volcannon was holding a Magmarizer, which evolved him into a Magmortar. That trade took place a year ago, and Volcannon has become one of Gamis's second most used Pokemon.

Kingler
    Nickname: Queenler
    Personality: Without a doubt, Queenler is Gamis's most popular Pokemon. She is sassy and powerful, and the thing is, she knows it! She is Gamis's second strongest Pokemon, and she can take down most enemies with a few simple attacks. Her best friend is none other than Volcannon. Despite having her only for a short time, Gamis says that she has made a permenant spot on his team.
    History: Recently, while visiting his home region of Kanto, Gamis entered a fishing contest in which the winner won a decent amount of cash and got to keep the Pokemon they caught. The contest lasted for three days, and on the last day of the last hour of the contest, Gamis landed this larger than average female Kingler. Gamis first tried to catch her using Thunoir, his Electivire, but she was defeated with one blow by the mighty Kingler. He then sent out Viral, his Muk, to try and weaken the Kingler, but he too was defeated in one blow. Finally, Gamis sent out Sceptile, who quickly overtook the Kingler using his speed. Gamis successfully caught the Kingler and won the contest. Ever since then, Queenler has gained popularity from all the television appearances she has had and has become one of the mainstays of Gamis's team.

Electivire
    Nickname: Thunoir
    Personality: The quietest member of Gamis's team. None of Gamis's other Pokemon actually have a bond with her, except Calybias, Gamis's Metagross. This is only due to the fact that both of them were saved by Gamis from Team Rocket, who had forced Thunoir to evolve from an Electabuzz into an Electivire. When Gamis rescued her, she despised humans, until Gamis proved to her that he wouldn't hurt her. Over time, she gained a bond with Sceptile when she heard of his past. She does have a mean streak, so be very careful when you get near her.
    History: She was taken from her home near the Power Plant by Team Rocket, who forced her to evolve into an Electivire. She was thrown into a cage with a Beldum, who is now Gamis's Metagross. She had lost almost all hope until a young man had burst open her cage doors with his Sceptile. While she was able to escape from Team Rocket, she didn't want Gamis near her. She had developed a hatred for all humans over time. It was only until Gamis healed her that she trusted him, and she allowed Gamis to catch her. She is now a permenant member of his team.

Muk
    Nickname: Viral
    Personality: He is the most violent member of Gamis's team. He is rude, crude, and merciless in almost every way. He only listens to Gamis, Queenler, and Calybias.
    History: One day, Gamis was trying to catch a shiny Eevee. He had finally caught up to the Eevee, and he had thrown the Pokeball at it. Unfortunately, a Grimer had appeared between the Pokeball and the Eevee. Instead of a rare shiny Eevee, Gamis caught a common Grimer. Despite this, Gamis trained the Grimer, and the Grimer soon evolved into a Muk. When he evolved, however, he became violent, and it is because of this that Gamis only uses him when he believes he has to.

Metagross
    Nickname: Calybias
    Personality: Calybias is the smartest and most powerful out of all of Gamis's Pokemon. With four brains, he is able to make calculations very easily, and he is able to pinpoint a Pokemon's weak spot quickly. Due to this, he has lost very few battles. He only talks to Gamis, Sceptile, and Thunoir, but he respects all of Gamis's Pokemon. Unlike Thunoir, he has never despised humans.
    History: As a Beldum he came to Kanto after he sensed a huge magnetic energy from the Power Plant. Unfortunately for him, he was caught by Team Rocket soon after his arrival. It was there he met Thunoir, who was in the same cage he was. Not much longer after that, Gamis saved the Beldum and Thunoir from Team Rocket's grasp. Beldum then battled Gamis's Sceptile and was very quickly caught by Gamis. Gamis nicknamed him Calybias, and Calybias is now an extremely smart, and powerful, Metagross.

History: Gamis was born and raised in Viridian City, Kanto. He grew up fast mentally and physically in the city, having been picked on at school because of his intelligence and the fact that he was hardly at school because he was almost always sick. The only solace he found was in visiting the Viridian Gym Leader, Blue Oak, who would let Gamis watch him battle.

After watching all of Blue's matches, at the age of twelve, Gamis set out to Pallet Town to receive his starter Pokemon. At first, he was gonna choose Squirtle to be his starter, but he was surprised to get there and see Treecko. Prof. Oak allowed Gamis to choose Treecko as his starter, and the two have been inseperable ever since. Since then, the Treecko has become an incredibly fast Sceptile.

Some time after Gamis got his fifth badge in Kanto, Team Rocket had appeared at the Power Plant. Gamis was asked by the authorities to help them catch Team Rocket and rescue the Pokemon they had captured. Gamis accepted the mission with his trusty Sceptile. After busting in and knocking out several Team Rocket members, Gamis found the place where the Pokemon were locked up. He let most of the Pokemon free, but he became surprised when he saw a cage that held two Pokemon, Electivire and Beldum, that were extremely rare in Kanto. He unlocked their cage, but soon realized that the Electivire couldn't move. The Electivire, at first, wouldn't let Gamis touch her. It was then that Gamis took out a Full Restore and used it on her. This healed her wounds, and it made her realize that she could trust Gamis. She then layed herself on the ground and pointed at an empty Pokeball sitting on a shelf near her. When Gamis picked the ball up, she then pointed at the Pokeball again, then she pointed at herself. Gamis quickly understood and threw the Pokeball at her, catching her. The Beldum then followed Gamis out of the Power Plant. Gamis noticed this after he had ran out of the Power Plant and the mission was complete. He asked the Beldum if he wanted to battle him. The Beldum then flew into Sceptile, who was standing next to Gamis. This told Gamis what he needed to know as he commanded Sceptile to get up and use Leaf Blade followed by X-Scissor, which knocked out the Beldum, allowing Gamis to catch it.

It has been several years since the Team Rocket incident, and Gamis has collected all of the badges from the regions of Kanto, Johto, and Sinnoh. He had challenged the Sinnoh Elite Four, and he made it all way to the champion Cynthia, where he barely lost. He decided to head on to Hoenn from Kanto on the boat S.S. Elixer so he could challenge the Hoenn League.

RP Sample: Gamis was in his room on his bed while his trusty Sceptile was sitting on the end of the bed. Gamis had just visited the gift shop on the boat, and he was reading a book he had gotten from the store. Its title was Alakazam's First Rule, and Gamis was liking how the book started. The sense of adventure and mystery made him smile.

Gamis then turned to Sceptile, who was looking down at the ground. Gamis knew what this meant and put his book down. "Sceptile, you can stop being sad," said Gamis as he patted Sceptile's head. Sceptile just looked up with a tear going down his cheek.

<Gamis, it is my fault that we lost to Cynthia. If I had used Dragon Pulse when you told me to, we would have won, but I didn't listen,> said Sceptile as he quickly wiped away the tear. He didn't want Gamis to see him like this.

"Sceptile, don't worry about it. You wanted to get up close and personal, which is where you are at your strongest. I don't blame you at all," said Gamis as he got up and grabbed his backpack. "Now then, let's go up and get some fresh night air. It will do us both some good."

Several minutes later, Gamis and Sceptile walked onto the deck, only to find out that this was not a good idea. The waters were getting rough, and Gamis heard the captain speak over the intercom. It was then that Gamis saw the giant Tentacruel.

"That...doesn't look good," said Gamis as he and Sceptile braced themselves. They held their ground from the ship's movements. After several minutes of this, Gamis saw his chance.

"Sceptile! Use Energy Ball at full power on the Tentacruel!" shouted Gamis as Sceptile put his hands together and put them close to his side. After a few seconds of charging, Sceptile threw his hands forward and fired a massive sphere of green energy. Unfortunately for Gamis and Sceptile, this was when the ship was flung into the air.

Later...

Gamis slowly came to his senses. He then stood up and found himself on the shore of an island. He quickly noticed the forest in front of him, which held many exotic fruits and flowers. Gamis then looked around, and he was glad to see that Sceptile was already up and by his side. It was then that Gamis felt that his backpack was gone.

"Oh no oh no oh no oh no! WHERE IS MY BACKPACK!" he shouted as he started frantically looking around. Sceptile as well started looking. After several minutes of looking, Sceptile finally found the backpack. He ran to Gamis and gave it to him.

"Thanks buddy," said Gamis as he opened it. Some of his supplies, his hat, and his trench coat were wet, but the Pokeballs containing his other Pokemon were fine, and the prescription bottles containing his medication had water-proof seals on them, which kept the medication dry. Gamis then took out his medication took each of them one by one. He had to take them, even though he would have to dry-swallow them.

Once Gamis was done taking them, he put them back in his bag. He then grabbed the Pokeballs containing his Pokemon and threw them into the air. In a brilliant flash of light, Volcannon, Queenler, Thunoir, Viral, and Caybias materialized in front of him.

"Okay guys. It seems that we are definately not at Slateport City. The ship were on was attacked last night, and we crashed here," said Gamis as looked at his Pokemon. They were obviously not happy.

<WHAT?! This is ridiculous!> shouted Viral as he launched a Sludge Bomb at several trees, destroying them.

<Now was that needed?> asked Volcannon as he went toward the violent Muk. <No,> said Viral as he stared at Volcannon. <But this will!> shouted Viral as he lauched a Sludge Bomb at Volcannon, who immediately stood back up from the attack.

<THAT'S IT! DIE YOU FILTHY PILE OF SH*T!> shouted Volcannon as he lauched a double Fire Blast from the cannons which are his arms. This lauched Viral straight into Queenler, who knocked him into a tree using Crabhammer. This didn't knock out Viral, who lauched two gigantic Sludge Bombs at both Queenler and Volcannon. However, the attacks were soon surrounded by a blue aura, which caused them to stop and explode.

<That is enough!> said Calybias as he stared at Queenler, Volcannon, and Viral. <We will all have to work together, so I suggest you all apologize.> Queenler and Volcannon both apologized, but Viral didn't. Instead, he just burped in their faces. This resulted in him getting lifted into the air and launched into another tree by Metagross's Psychic attack.

<Guys! Stop the madness!> said Gamis as he ran to Viral. He took out a wet Full Restore and sprayed it on Viral, which fully healed him. Gamis then did the same with Volcannon and Queenler.

"As we all know, I don't have many supplies. Now then, I have some jobs for each of you. Sceptile, you and Queenler need to go and gather fire wood. Bring them back here. Calybias, take Thunoir with you and go gather fruits and nuts.. Also, try to find out where we are. Volcannon and Viral, you two are with me. We have to go and find survivors."

Last edited:
    Years
  • Name: Selena Manhassen
    Description[FONT=&quot]:
    Selena is around 5'7" with her jet black hair fairly long, tickling her back between her shoulder blades, streaked with crimson dye. Her dark brown eyes stand out particularly against her light skin. Her figure will always remain slim and elegant despite her inactive lifestyle or the amount of junk food she eats – a trademark of Manhassen women.

When given the chance, she would change her outfit every day. Her normal attire consists of a jean skirt and dark tights with a black tank top. Topping it all off, she usually wears a large, fashionable, red, billed beret with her hair flowing out from it, framing her face with a few bangs of dark and red hair. She uses a dark blue hip bag with various pockets for the standard array of items and travel equipment. Attached to the bag is her Poketch: the standard girl's model with most standard apps. Her bag is filled mostly with alternate clothes rather than much to do with travelling. She does pack some snacks for her and her Pokémon though, as well as whatever set of books she's reading. A constant is her Teddiursa doll.

[/FONT]
    Personality
    :
    Selena is what she would call "laid-back" and what everyone else would call "stubbornly lazy", Normally, she completely lacks any motivation and would rather simply lay about and wait for everything to do itself, perhaps reading a book in the mean time or listening to her favourite tunes. Not a lot of things outside of fiction interest her, especially not people. She might have met someone very important but it's doubtful she would remember. Sometimes however, she pretends she's forgotten things and people for certain reasons, be it embarrassment or to try and put herself in a psychologically superior position (she read about that in a book once). Selena likes things to move at her own pace; she complains if someone is going too fast or, rarely, too slow for her liking. However, when something does catch her interest, she becomes very energetic on the matter and surprisingly strong-willed at times, considering her default persona.

She isn't a dominating person, but she'd rather not be spoken down to. She dislikes people knowing too much about her unless she knows a lot about them in return. This can lead to her seeming closed off, which might in a sense be true, but it is not something she tries to achieve. She is an intelligent human being by nature, yet this is often offset by her lack of substantial knowledge as she finds studying far too dull. She usually only remembers what she had read in a book or seen on TV, both of which provide indirect ways for her to learn.

Selena likes to look good although she abhors make-up (too troublesome to put on in her opinion). She enjoys looking at and wearing stylish clothes and greatly dislikes getting dirty. Despite her love of fashion, if there is something she doesn't like, she won't have anything to do with it no matter how popular it is. This extends to her thoughts on most things in the world. She is usually adamantly against doing something she doesn't want to.
    [FONT=&quot]
    Her temperament is usually mild-mannered, mostly due to her previously mentioned laziness, but also slightly arrogant. She can get along fine with other mild-mannered people but extremists who too happy, too angry, too nice, too quiet etc. tend to get on her nerves (hinting at her being slightly hypocritical). She usually won't act on this annoyance but she will treat the offender at arm's length. Selena's whole sense of humour revolves around sarcasm which she sometimes pulls off a little too subtly. Often times she might try and make others uncomfortable through sarcasm or other such means. Again, this is often to try and take a psychologically superior state. Selena gets more frustrated than angry - any real anger tends to evaporate quite quickly.

[/FONT]
    Strengths
    : Intelligent, attention to detail (sometimes)

Weaknesses
    : Lazy, physically unfit, unwilling to get dirty, stubborn against things she doesn't like, inexperienced.

: Sleeping, Reading, Music, Cleanliness, Fashion

Dislikes
    : Rushing, getting dirty

Skills: Able to learn, replicate or improvise quickly.

History
    :
    Selena grew up in a mansion on the outskirts of Goldenrod. Her flamboyant father was a very successful and well-known business man who owned several chains of shops throughout Johto, Kanto, and recently, Sinnoh. Her mother was much more low-key, yet special in her own way – a trainer who made her way through a world of rapid change
    garnering great experience along the way, as well as many stories.

Selena herself lived a rather comfortable life. She spent most of her time in her large bedroom, filled with plushies (one of which she always keeps with her) and books (always has several on hand). She grew up a rich girl with a simple life. Almost anything she wanted was just a call away. Selena didn't see the point in joining the masses and going on some petty little "adventure" with her Pokémon, much to her parents' delight. She always figured that if anything interesting was going to happen in her life, it would come to her – without her having to traipse around in the mud and battle wave after wave of competitors. So she was content to live and wait.

Selena is a city girl through and through, rarely going anywhere outside cities. Due to her self-imposed sheltered lifestyle, Selena didn't have many in the way of friends. This never bothered her much as she always enjoyed her own company and that of her Pokémon. She did however have some human friends who Selena considered very close to her. She met most people by attending formal parties with her parents, so all her friends were also from comfortable backgrounds.

She was mostly taught by her servants and professional home teachers, but never paid much attention. Her love of fiction and documentaries taught her most of what she knew, despite the former's dubious logic.
    [FONT=&quot]
    The young lady ended up on the Elixer because she wanted to visit one of her friends, who lived in Hoenn. Certain problems had cropped up in her father's business and the usually strong family bonds had been weakened by her father's wearing nerves, so Selena felt she needed to get away from it all. Her friend offered to have her over for a few months which she gladly accepted. Unfortunately, the Elixer was the only ship bound for Hoenn at the time. She would have preferred something more luxurious, but the Anne wasn't due back for months.

[/FONT] Pokemon:
    Kero / Slakoth (Lax Nature): Selena received Kero as a present from her father one Christmas long ago. The two get along very well due to their rather similar natures. He, like most Slakoth and his master, loves to simply laze about and enjoy the sun. He prefers nature a little more to the urban environment favoured by Selena, by isn't too fussed. After all, getting angry and doing something would require effort. Unbeknownst to Selena, Kero is quite strong and very capable of handling himself in a battle – providing he doesn't have to do it too fast. Because Selena doesn't have Pokeballs, Kero often hangs onto Selena's back or in her arms for travel. He's lighter than the average Slakoth so Selena never has trouble holding him.

Virtua / Porygon (Timid Nature) : Selena won this rare Pokemon during one of her trips to Celadon. Virtua is a happy and easy-going Pokemon, probably because of its master rubbing off on it, but also very curious and easily frightened. Referred to as male (despite being technically genderless). When not out to relax and play, Virtua resides digitized in Selena's phone, often serving the species' function by working from within computer devices. Virtua knows a wide range of utility attacks, but has never battled before.

RP Sample
    :

Spoiler:

The Gaurdian

a change in your demeanour.
    Years
  • Name: Uolf Readr

Description: Uolf has Orange(ish) hair, dark green eyes, and is six foot two. He wheres dark green slacks, a "tree bark" brown T-shirt, and the customary hunting Kilt of his people. Covered in scars from years of protecting the Mareep his most prized "Trophy-Scar" is one that goes down the left side of his face. The hunting Kilt is worn like any other kilt, except that it has woodland colors such as green and brown, and is worn over pants or slacks. On his hip is a brown leather pouch that stores everything from Pokeballs to herbs. He is often seen with a dagger, a tool used to protect his herds during the summer but he likes to where it all year around, and a Harmonica.

A highlander by birth he was sent to watch his familys Mareep herds during the summer, and would come home during the winter seasons. He will take anything some one can throw at him and strongly belives that if it can be covered with a First Aid kit, then he is okay. With a strong accent, many "Trophy-Scars", and survial training for mountian areas, he may seam like a brute that cares little for people at first glance...

Personality: Uolf is not much of a people person, but he has a kind heart and is often employed during the winter to do random jobs, but he will not except payment. The reason is that he belives that all have a purpose, and for "The Greater Good" his porpose is to help all live in this harsh world. But this does not mean he is a "happy-go-lucky guy.", he not one to care much for those that start fights inside the pub or other establishments, he will often end a dispute with out saying a word. Because of this is is welcomed by all and hated by some, but he tries to forgive and forget anything that some one has done to him.

Often in the mountians, alone no less, his socal skills at ones first glance of Uolf, are normally limited to the words "Hi" and the ocasional grunt if he has just meet you, but will have long conversations with people he knows well. Often thinking about assorted things, such as weather, planing, or Herd patterns, he is seen in his home town as a smart man who knows what he is doing. He does as he is told, often saying that he has no say in a matter and will get the job done right the first time.
    ++ Following orders
    ++ Adapting to new situations
    ++ Fighting
    ++ Thinking
    -- Socal skills
    -- Leadership
    -- has no Idea how technology works.
    Likes and Dislikes:
    ++ being alone
    ++ Planing
    ++Bagpipes
    -- people
    -- any form of music save bagpipes and Harmonicas.
    Skills:
    ++ Sword/dagger fighting and defence against said objects.
    ++ Wilderness Survial.
    -- Leading
    -- Technology(or lack there of.)
    History: At the age of ten he started to go to the Highlands to watch over the Readr clans Mareep herds, often going alone he soon gained the trust of his Cubone, known as Warrior or Little Warrior depending on the situation. The two worked for "the Greater Good", their ideals that all have a purpose in life, and worked together to protect the Mareep. He would often get food off the land where the Mareep would wander and he cared little where they went. Though being up in the moutains did not help his socal skills much, and was often talking to pokemon, a skill that his people had forgotten a long time ago, but others thought he had gone insane.

Uolf was more often than not, in the moutian areas of "The Mother-land" during the summer or was found wandering his homeland while doing jobs for certian people during the winter. Up until last year he was going to the mountians during the summer to protect the Mareep herd of the Readr clan, alone. But last year he was told he had to take a group of people with him to teach them survial skills. This he did to the letter, even if it ment that his "students" were hurt in the process, their pain was his amusement and thus ensured that they were always doing something painful. Only halfway through he learned that the people he was hired to train were members of the dreaded, Team Magma. After learning this he not only got the defence force to come get them, but he along with his pokemon made sure that they would never return to the moutains, ever.

Trough his LONG amount of time in the highlands he has learned much about his pokemon and those he has to watch, and has made some sort of conection with his personal pokemon that has alowed him to under stand them, for the most part. Though often ignoring other people, he views pokemon as wise beings with a great understanding of the world.

During his time in the mountians, he has disregarded mankind and replaced his views on civilisation to view it more like his ancestors did and incorperated there ideas and thoughts into his view of life. While in the Mountians he will let his pokemon out and run free, but when in cities he only lets Warrior out. Because of this many people dislike him call him, the "Woman of War" manly because of his aparal. He has been often challenged to a battle, only to arive with the upper half of his body unclothed and the right half painted blue to scare his challenger.

Uolf was on the ship while returning to his homeland after getting some needed supplies for someone as part of a job.

Pokemon:

Warrior(Cubone): Warrior was the first pokemon Uolf ever caught and is the oldest pokemon in his team. The bravest of the three pokemon, Warrior has often painted himself blue as Uolf would do before a fight. He has painted the fangs of his skull helm blue as part of the teams warrior culture. He has made a sheath for his bone out of leather and other idems he has liberated. He is the only one of the three that stays out side his pokeball all the time.

Ranger(Nuzleaf): As his name implys, Ranger works as a scout for Uolf. Moving ahead of the herd to look for anything that would cause harm to the herd and reporting it back to Uolf. He too has embraced the culture of the four and is known for painting himself blue as well. He will also serve as a stelth pokemon, disappering into the woods while not only leading away any danger, but also slowly removing their numbers.

Lassy(Bellossom): Lassy is the messenger of the group, she earned her name while Uolf first started to learn the language of pokemon where he stated, "Hey there Lassy, slow down." and the joke stuck, and soon became her name. It is well know among the group that she likes Ranger and has been found watching him from a distance. Though she has embraced the culture nearly as much as the other two, she refuses to paint herself any color.

RP Sample: Uolf, Warrior, and Ranger stood at the front of the fast moving boat. All three stood with their arms crossed against their chest. The imposing group had even scared off some of the crew as they stared out blankly, watching the chopy waters splash against the boat, Lighting streaked acrossed the sky and the boom was like the battle drums of his forfathers. He didn't flinch, nor did his pokemon, they had often seen weather like this in the mountians.

<Uolf, I dont like this,> Ranger comented, <I know now why Lassy wanted to get inside her Pok'ball, Put me in mine. Weather is to strong and this boat, if you could call it that, is to small for this weather.>

"I'," Uolf replied, "Tis, strong weather we be having tanight." he reached into his pouch feeling for the 'R' he had carved into the top of Rangers Pokeball. "Here ya go Laddy." he said as he reached his hand back and felt the ball inlarge, then decrease in size. He returned the ball to his pouch.

<Alright Uolf, Return me as well." Warrior grumbled. <Dont like the sea much as it is, but I dont want to look weak to the others.> he said in a low tone.

Uolf turned to his olf friend, and saw that fear was truely in the pokemons eyes. "Alright lad." he pulled out Warriors pokeball and pointed it at the bone masked pokemon.

<Just remember to let me out first. I gotta keep the respect I have gained.> Warrior grumbled and he was soon shrouded in a red light, but the red outline rose one finger and pointed out to the sea, and then the red was gone.

Uolf turned to where Warrior had been pointing and nothing, then a flash of lighting rippled across the sky like ripples in a pond, and he saw ten large red blobs floating toward the ship. A heavy rain started and man looked at the sky, then returned his gaze to the Squadrian of red blobs that circled the Ship/Boat. He watched as though it were a dance, then the boat shook violently. He was stuned for a mere second, before the boat shook again. A voice boomed over across the ship, though Uolf tried to find the source of the voice, but also listened to the message at a group of sailors ran and begain to undo ropes holding down a dingy. "Make your way to the closest life raft." it garbled through an a machine. He looked at the sailors again then turned to a dingy near him. He pulled out his dagger and slashed the ropes holding the top down before pushing it out over the water. Grabing a rope that was attached to the main rope holding it to the boat he shouted to the sailors, who were struggling to even get the ropes undone, to get over there and help him hold it against the boat, but the drum of water against the deck made his voice lost to the wind and the rain. While he returned his dagger to its sheath, he shouted louder, but this time the drone of water hitting the deck wasnt what lost his voice.

A force pushed him down, and the boat went upwards. Uolf released the incorrectly named Life-Dingy, but cursed doing so as he watched the rope snap and the dingy fall. 'Fall, wait.' was the thought that rang through his mind, 'That means we are going up.' Grabing the railing that lined the ship he felt himself being crushed, and many of his scars ached now. Then, in what seamed like a decade, everything stoped, and like a paint brush making a bright blue-yellow streak across the black night sky cutting the sky in two. Soon they were falling, but Uolf held strongly onto the rail. Over the hum of water hitting the deck that sounded much like bagpipes, a boom as loud as playing a battle drum so loud that it made his ears ring. 'Greater Good, save me!' his mind rang, though he feared not death, he still wanted to present it with one last knowalge of fear, because then he blacked out...

The drone of the tide woke the sleeping wolf, and his eyes opened slowly, and blinking, quickly to become agusted to the light. He rose onto one elbow, he shook his head and growled as he looked around. A nice peaceful beach that streched until it curved off in the distance, the water was clear and he could see manythings. He snaped his hand to his pouch, finding it there, then snaped it to the other side of his hip, and found his dagger where he had left it. 'Greater Good, am I dead?' he questioned looking at the sea once more, but he felt something behind him. He turned to see a large forest, mostly made of Palm trees, but a few white Birch trees were thrown in here and there.

He pulled out his three pokeballs, Releasing first Warrior, then Ranger and Lassy. The three pokemon looked around and all had the same expression, confused. They turned back to him, Warrior tilted his head, Lassy was clinging to Ranger who was trying to calm her.

<Uolf, do you know where we are?> Warrior asked, <This does not smell like home.>

Uolf turned to look one way, then the other, "Lad, I have no clue where we are." he started, then begain to walk to the left of the tree line, wondering if anyone else was out there. "But I think we should go this way." he stated, hearing the foot falls of his pokemon follow.

Last edited:

punkforlife93

Mudpimp
    Years
    • Seen Mar 7, 2011
    Name: Jedidiah Knode
    Description:
    Jedidiah is a fairly tall guy, and when push comes to shove, he measures right at six feet. He also weighs slightly more than he might look - roughly a hundred and seventy pounds. That's not to say that he's incredibly strong. As a matter of fact, he has very little muscle mass - at least that he knows of.

He's fairly tan, having made a living until recently solely by playing summer gigs in Johto with his Pop Punk band, Box of Chocolates. His eyes are a somewhat murky brown, although they tend to glint when he's having a good time. His hair is feathery and brown, medium length, and he has a rigid schedule of shaving - no goatee on this guy.

Jed's clothing tends to be rather rocker-esque. He isn't extremely elaborate, but is still obviously slightly concerned with his looks. His favorite shirts are usually purple and teal, making him stand out in a crowd. Jed also wears nothing but Bermuda shorts, as he feels that they allow for the most comfort while traveling, which he does often.

Personality:
    Jed can at first seem like a very introverted teen, but when he gets into the heat of something, such as being in the middle of a gig, or even a Pokemon battle, he is very fiery. This can sometimes lead to him making rash decisions, as he tends to think only about the next move. He is outgoing towards guys for the most part, being very friendly and cracking jokes occasionally, but towards girls, he is much more soft-spoken and shy. Jed talks to his Pokemon on occasion, if only for reassurance, although he isn't very fluent in their language. When Jed's bored, he simply whips out his acoustic and loses himself in the music. It doesn't take much to please him, but if he's really upset about something, he'll be the first to let you know. At least, he'll let you know what emotion he's feeling. He doesn't tend to go in depth, as he is very wary of allowing others to get very close to him. Jed likes to make a good first impression, but isn't overly concerned with it. However, he does take into account the impressions others make on him very quickly. While Jed at first might appear like the typical stoner/rocker stereotype, he loves to debate with others, and is quite intellectual, but is set in his ways fairly steadily. So even though he'd be fine with someone doing something controversial to his beliefs by themselves, he would make himself heard if it affected his or someone else's lives. Jed is also a firm believer in God, praying occasionally when he feels powerful emotions, although he doesn't look much like it. He isn't afraid to show it, but he isn't forceful with his beliefs.

Strengths: Jed is very resourceful when it comes down to it, and it doesn't take much to keep him occupied. He is decently strong, although not exuberantly so. He's very, very kind to his Pokemon, although he jokes about them often. He treats his Pokemon almost as equals because of how close he feels with them, creating a firm bond. Once he makes a friendship, too, he will never break it, unless he feels outlandishly betrayed.
    Weaknesses: Jed has very little stamina, and although he runs decently fast, he can't do it for long. He can seem self-absorbed at times, as well as sarcastic, but he tries not to hurt people's feeling too much. When he messes up one thing, it tends to start a trend of consistent screw-ups, so it might be necessary for other characters to tell him to calm down. He is rash at some crucial points, and doesn't tend to be the voice of reason in the heat of battle.
    Likes: Guitar, as well as most else that inspires creativity. Music and Pokemon are his passions. He also trusts in God to help him do what's right. He likes those who don't change their mind about things often, because otherwise, he grows to distrust them.
    Dislikes: Well, anyone who comes across as untrustworthy. Trust is one of his greatest values. Anyone who says that what someone else is saying is "stupid" - no matter how true it might be - can really annoy him. He also has unnatural fears of bugs, clowns, and heights.
    Skills: Jed is a talented guitarist. He also is working in his studies at school to get degrees in Music Theory and Architecture. He is perceptive, but it can sometimes come across as arrogance. He has a natural uplifting and motivating quality about him, although it is subtle. It might be his voice, which is naturally smooth, as he is also the vocalist in the band aforementioned.

History:
    Jed was originally born and raised in Johto. He was raised in a very low-class, almost ghetto area in the southern regions, but his father and mother were very hard-working, and they eventually were able to progress into the upper-middle class as an engineer and nurse. Jed himself was used to chores and work at a fairly young age, and although he appears lazy sometimes, he'll do his part, albeit somewhat reluctantly. Jed picked up guitar on his 13th birthday, and fell in love right away. He was introduced to the genre of Pop Punk, and has been writing lyrics and music ever since. He has been in love with one girl in his life, and he doesn't mention her by name to anyone - only that he doubts he'll ever love anyone else at the same level he has always loved her.

Jed was recently asked by some fans by e-mail why he's never toured in Hoenn. Jed was a bit shocked, as Hoenn is a fairly popular region, and he'd never even considered touring there, even though he's been there, as well as many other regions, which is how he got many of his Pokemon. He finally agreed, under the constant persuasion of Box of Chocolate's fans, that he would tour for two weeks around Hoenn, much to their delight. The S.S. Elixir was the best bargain that he could find, and he boarded with great expectations for the future.

Pokemon:

Swampert "Mudpimp": Jed's first Pokemon ever was a Mudkip, given to him by his uncle (who was supposedly a fairly impressive Pokemon trainer) when he was twelve. Jed jokingly said that the chubby guy was probably a real lady-killer, and bestowed upon him the name Mudpimp. Mudpimp has been Jed's closest friend ever since - even out of humans. Jed was extremely reluctant to allow his Mudkip to evolve at first, but Mudkip's seemed slightly upset at being the smallest out of Jed's Pokemon, so Jed finally agreed. He hasn't regretted it since.

Masquerain "Two-Face": Two-Face's capture and befriending is one of Jed's favorite stories to tell. He had been having a picnic with Mudpimp, who was then just a Mudkip, and he was eating a sandwich and playing his acoustic guitar. Mudpimp was dozing, so when the Surskit bustled through the grass shyly, compelled by the music, Jed had no previous warning. When he saw the Surskit, he freaked out due to its buggish nature, spilling mayonnaise and mustard on himself. Surskit was equally frightened, and cowered. But soon they both realized that neither wished to harm the other. Jed has since had an affinity for Surskits and other of its species, but is still terrified of other bugs. Jed named him Two-Face because he found it ironic that he was scary to him one second, cute the next.

Pidgeotto "Lex": Lex was Jed's first Pokemon that he ever caught, and it was a miracle if anything. He had just turned thirteen at the time, and noticed the fierce but striking Pidgey gazing at him with a piercing glare that he later learned was called a Leer. He simply pointed at Mudpimp and asked him to do something, and when the guy shrugged and attempted a half-hearted tackle, the Pidgey took off. Jed chased it for about three hours, before finally catching it dozing on an elm tree. Jed stealthily attempted to climb the tree, and the Pidgey fled again. Two hours after that, he came across it and wasted no time jumping upon it while it lay on the ground. While he got severely battered and bruised, he managed to literally catch the Pidgey - stuffing it in his backpack and running to a Pokecenter, where it was put into an actual Pokeball.

Electivire "Jammer": Jed met this Poke originally as an Electabuzz when he was leeching the power from his Peavey amp in the middle of a gig. He then proceeded to engage in battle with the guy with his then mediocre Pokemon, then his Mudkip and Pidgey, but was quickly eliminated with thundershocks after doing only decent damage. Out of desperation, he threw a ball at the retreating Pokemon's back, who was caught off-guard - literally. He forgave Jed for it though, and now both get along excellently. Jammer is actually the current bassist in Jed's band, much to their crowd's delight. His name came out of Jed's at first joking idea that it'd be fun to jam with him sometime.

Smeargle "Dunn": There's not much to Dunn's story. She was a rather pathetic looking fellow, but Jed found something oddly compelling about her erratic and spontaneous behavior. He had Mudpimp go out in an attempt to barely beat the girl into submission, so that she'd make an easy catch, but Smeargle dodged using a strange move that didn't befit her. Then she went to sleep and seemed rejuvenated. And, out of the blue, she blasted Mudpimp with a Solar Beam. Shocked but excited, Jed, made short work of her with Lex and now considers Dunn a great teammate. His name comes out of the idea that Jed's "been there, 'dunn' that."

Other: Jed has brought fairly little besides the essentials with him. The only guitar that he's brought with him is his Gibson Acoustic, since it's an acoustic tour, as well as a multitude of guitar picks that he seems to have everywhere on his body. He has three Pokeballs, a Great Ball, and an Ultra Ball, just in case he comes across anything of note while he's traveling to Hoenn. While he's been to many regions, Hoenn included, many of his Pokemon are living proof that you never know what you'll find. One of his favorite stories to tell is of his encounter with a Mew, and how "he thought he had a chance to catch it." While he later laughs and admits that he knows his Pokemon were no match for the graceful creature, he still wishes he had been somewhat prepared.

RP Sample:
    Jed was relaxed, sprawled on his fairly cheap mattress, but he felt at perfect peace. If he'd had a bit more than eight feet or so on each side of his room, he'd have all of his Pokemon out, but right now, he'd have to make do with the loneliness. He closed his eyes and picked a random Pokeball on his belt, waiting for the one that felt the most...well, the most right. There wasn't anything distinguishing about his ball, it was just so unmistakably right...

...and so was Jed's intuition. As he pressed the button allowing the Pokemon out of his ball, he opened his eyes to a grin just as wide as his own. Mudpimp gazed at him, his black eyes warm and intelligent.

"Well, we're almost there, I think," said Jed. A thought struck him that even though the young Swampert was enormous and took up a large amount of space in his room, it didn't seem at all claustrophobic. He patted Mudpimp on the knee. "Just you wait. This is going to be so much fun. I haven't toured here in...well, ever. And this is the first acoustic set I've done in the past year."

Mudpimp just nodded. Sometimes, that was all that you needed to feel like he understood.

Jed managed to get his acoustic guitar case out from under the bed and unbuckled it so that the velvet laid facing upwards on both sides. He gently reached in and took the Gibson out, and Mudpimp began to lay into a resting pose. It seemed like he knew exactly what song Jed was going to play, and when. It might be the body language, or just the massive connection that they both undeniably felt. Either way, it was a tremendously powerful bond that Jed was sure he couldn't survive without. He began to strum a few arpeggios, simple ones, but ones that he could easily immerse himself in.

And he began to quietly sing, almost in a murmur.

I still remember the old days,
    although they weren't that old at all.

Just laying on your wet lawn,
    spread-eagled like snow angels.
    We held hands as though one of us
    might drift off into the stars -
    never to see the other again.
    And we gazed at the sky, lost in the idea
    knowing that this was meant to be.

It brought tears to his eyes, even though he knew that he wrote it. She was so far away right now, and he was positive that she was thinking about anyone at that moment but him. But here he sat, strumming along...

The dew rolled in, and we'd stick out our tongues,
    letting the drops cling wherever they would.
    We passed static electricity
    to and fro betwixt the vectors.
    For hours, we'd contrast skin textures,
    and try to describe the exact color
    of each other's irises.

He realized that he was slowly relaxing too, laying back his head on the pillow, his eyes drooping. But he kept strumming and singing, kept on time by the steady breathing of his friend in the corner.

I say,
    "Just because the rainbow you've seen fades
    doesn't mean another one won't come.
    It doesn't mean that it's the last you'll ever see,
    it doesn't mean it was never there in the first place."

...fading slowly away, with the ocean rocking slightly harsher...he willed himself to sleep, but kept on still...

My veins don't hold blood
    the same way they used to.
    My lungs don't breathe
    half as heavy as you made them.
    My pulse doesn't pound constantly
    because there isn't much to be excited about.
    And my heart has become
    twice as malleable as before.

...Jed doubted he was even breathing now...he heard ocean waves crashing even harder, and groans...like an old man trying to rouse himself from a rocking chair...

Of course,
    that's if all these romantic ideas
    even happened in the first place.
    With how much you've changed lately,
    I almost hope that they didn't.

...definitely heard something now...but just keep on...
    He sighed, mouthing the last words.

I guess that I'm still the optimist.

And then it felt like everything capsized at once. Mudpimp and Jed both leapt up as the ship started to shake violently, jerking this way and that.

Funnily enough, the first thing that Jed thought to do was to put his guitar back in the case. He had a foreboding feeling, but he didn't feel enough emotion to do anything about it. As water started leaking in at an increasing rate from the floorboards, he knew that something was horribly wrong. He could die here tonight, and she wouldn't know...

No. That won't happen.

Jed grabbed his belt and strapped it on, also grabbing his backpack, filled with essentials. It was funny how he could think so straight right now. Even Mudpimp seemed to be thinking ahead, grabbing his acoustic guitar case and slinging it over his shoulder before crashing open the door so that he could fit through it. Jed ran behind him, still reflecting on irony. Usually, in this situation, he thought that he'd be screaming, in a wreck of miserable uselessness. But instead he found himself thinking about her...oh. And praying.

Lots of that.

They got to the deck about a second before the ship jerked so violently that Jed flew off of the edge. Into the abyss. He saw the Tentacruel and felt honest tears come to his eyes. He felt like his eyes were locked in its perturbed gaze. It seemed like an eternity. But then he felt a strong hand on his shoulder, attempting to yank him up. He felt himself spin and saw Mudpimp, a determined look etched on his face. And then he hit the water, and -

It rushed into his nostrils, his mouth, his ears, his eyes - every orifice seemed penetrable. He could still see the massive beast underneath. He knew that he couldn't survive this. And he closed his eyes, letting unconsciousness take over...

...and he woke up.

Somehow, he was on a beach. He looked around, exhausted, and saw his loyal friend, Mudpimp, lying there too, napping. He surveyed his surroundings briefly, not truly taking any of it in, and collapsed again, relapsing into sleep.

Last edited:

YoshiRiRu

xX~Lord of the Storm~Xx
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 27, 2016
    Alright guys, we've done a lot of the waiting game. The cutoff for sign-ups is 7:00 PST tonight. Anybody who has their sign up in by then will be considered. I'll post the final listing at around 7:30. Thanks.

Edit: Anybody who was editing their stuff, send me a PM when you're done so I know to check.

Last edited:

redandpikachu

What is read?
    Years
  • done!

Name: Seth Ford
    Description: Seth has dark back blue hair that goes down to his chin and covers one of his eyes, slanted gray eyes, a nose with a slightly noticeable bridge, and a rather board look. His V-shaped chin and thin mouth often make you believe that he is displeased with something. He is pretty tall standing at 5'11, not very muscular or athletic. He often wears a black dress jacket, a gray shirt and black skinny jeans with black and white skater shoes.
    Personality: Seth does not have a problem with talking to other people, but rarely shares much information about him besides the polite name and shallow information. In his past, he has been left to care for himself so he is quite independent but has a soft spot for other people in trouble or hurt. He has few pokemon and the ones that he does have, have little training or battle experience. He would rather stay and watch pokemon battles rather than fight, because he hates seeing his or other peoples pokemon hurt. While Seth seems like quite the non-befriend able type it actually is not too hard to be friends with him, since he isn't very shy just slightly dark.
    Strengths and Weaknesses: isn't very athletic but is very smart.
    Likes and Dislikes: Seth hates to battle pokemon, but has taken a liking to healing them after other people's battles. He dreams of becoming a doctor or working in the pokemon center when he finishes school.
    Skills: Seth has taken 6 courses in healing people and pokemon so he is very skilled in that area. He is also good at putting together homemade remedies and cures. He can make a cough medicine out of scratch or clot a wound with only tissue paper.
    History: Seth grew up in a middle class family that sent him to school because he refused to go on a pokemon adventure. They lived in Viridian city for most of his life until he was 12 and went to school at Saffron Academy boarding school. He lived there until he turned 16 when he finished everything they had on the healing subject and heard of a wonderful school in Rustboro city. Therefore, he paid for a ticket to go to the Hoenn and got on the first boat that happened to be the S.S. Elixir.
    Pokemon: Seth has an Aron, Roselia and Shinx. They Sunkern he caught during his first year of the academy when it was harassing him while he was climbing a tree during recess. He had his first battle with this pokemon and lost horribly to a trainer going to the school. When he saw his pokemon hurt this discouraged him from battling. He later caught the Aron on a family trip to the Hoenn when he was 14. It was handing out on a rock in front of the Dewford Cave. He was instantly taken to it and caught it during a long series of events that didn't involve a pokemon battle. Later he got his Shinx when his uncle flew in from the Sinnoh to stay with them. The Shinx had hijacked a ride in the drink cart and road to the ground with them. Seth was forced to battle when his uncle mistakenly called him a pokemon trainer and yelled at him to do something. He caught the poor Shinx and since then has had a bad relationship with his uncle.
    Other: Has a Pokegear.
    RP Sample: The Boat rocked under Seth's feet as the Tentacruel rammed it again sending him to the ground. He groaned when his side hit the floor with such force that he nearly broke his hip. His side went numb with pain as he gasped for air trying to get back to his feet, but was thrown to the side of the ship almost falling over board. Seth watched in horror as a woman clung to the railing of the ship to keep from slipping off; however a gigantic tentacle flew at her crushing her body with a single flick that knocked her remains off the side of the ship. He saw a small boy grabbing onto the door of a cabin being thrown around like a rag doll. Seth reached out for him but was hit by an enormous wave that had splashed on to the deck throwing him against the railing and alomost over the side of the ship. When he looked back over to where the boy had been he saw nothing but the door flapping febly in the wind. Seth was over come with dispare as the boat was thrown into the air by the hugest Tentacrule he had ever seen. Seth felt the bang when they hit the water again sending the shock through his entire body jaring his arm. He mannaged to get on all fours and scurrie over to the nearest life boat and crawl aboard shivering in the back. He wasn't sure he would make it out'a here alive.

Last edited:

punkforlife93

Mudpimp
    Years
    • Seen Mar 7, 2011
    OH come on Punk, I like Stupidity...

Yoshi, you do realize that is is like... 10pm where I live, on this thingy that says -6hours... What does PST stand for?

See, I was going to bug him publically, but decided against it. Instead, I rambled in a PM. :P

PST is pacific time, I believe. Which means this PROBABLY should have been up about an hour and a half ago, but I don't want to anger Yoshi by freaking about it. The weird thing is, he was just viewing the thread about thirty minutes ago...

Well, here's to hoping this gets off. I put a lot of work into my app.

EDIT: Viewing Yoshi's post below me, I feel just a wee bit silly.

Last edited:

YoshiRiRu

xX~Lord of the Storm~Xx
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 27, 2016
    RP section rule number 6, ladies and gentlemen. Please. I set that deadline with the assumption that I was going to be home far before that, but I wasn't, unfortunately. I'll have the listings up in just a minute. I've had more than a couple of people bugging me about posting the listings, so I'm not going to give individual responses, I'm just going to lay down a list of acceptances, and that's going to be the word. Going through ALL OF them now, and I'll edit this post.

Oh, and PFL, just because the window is open in my firefox doesn't mean i'm actively looking at it. In fact, I usually have this up on one of my tabs, so it rarely says I'm doing anything else.

Scarf - Abigail Ventura
    Prodditt - Tyler Smith
    Shen - Selena Manhassen
    GameOver - Gamis Stevenson
    YoshiRiRu - Blue Genjineko
    ---------------------------------

As for Gaurdian and Punkforlife... I'll let you join if you really want to, but you're both on probation.

Gaurdian, you have some grammatical issues you need to work out so make sure you are absolutely clear in your sentence structure and they way you spell things. Punctuation could also be improved. If you don't show some real effort in fixing these issues, then I'll have to let you go.

Punk, to be honest, I don't like your attitude. When you're applying for a position, it's usually impolite to call the RP master out just because he couldn't make it to the board as quickly as you'd like. We all have our obligations, and if you're going to be rude to people for not posting fast enough, things aren't going to work out.

Now. That goes for the rest of you too, I expect thought out posts with proper grammar and spelling being just one of the factors, and I won't tolerate poor conduct; any problem with people not posting or doing something else, I'll handle myself. Thank you.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We'll begin. Everyone make your first post. There's a small city about a quarter mile inland, but your characters don't know that. If they'd like to head inland for another reason, that's what they'll find. Or they can walk down the beach, searching for anyone else.

Here's how we're going to work this.

First one who posts encountering a situation gets to describe the situation, and that's the standard that every subsequent poster must follow, regarding that particular subject. However the initial poster can only describe things that he can see. So you can't walk into the city and describe the entire thing; you can describe a maybe a market that you see, or the general quality of living in that particular sector and any further people will have to interact with it as you created it. But that person can then go into a shop and describe that, or maybe to a poorer district, in turn creating their own environment. Get it? Any questions, please post here until the OoC thread goes up. Feel free to ask as many questions as you'd like, they'll benefit everyone.

Last edited:

punkforlife93

Mudpimp
    Years
    • Seen Mar 7, 2011
    To be honest, I don't feel like I was rude at all. I said that I didn't want to make you mad or offend you. I attempted to be polite towards you in every message that I sent, and didn't say anything that could even be possibly taken as hurtful or overbearing.

I almost think that you're a bit biased towards me just because my name is Punk on this, and because I have a "Mudpimp" avatar. ;)

If this RP is going to be deadly serious as you seem to be making it out to be, then I'll try my best, but I usually attempt to have my character be very human in his posts - as in, he's a naturally humourous guy. I offer you my sincerest apologies if I in any way went out of line, but I find it hard to believe that being confused about why something isn't up about two hours after it's supposed to be is strange. I was curious, and I feel like you somehow misconstrued that curiosity as a harried and malevolent attempt at being...well, mean.

I'm going to work on an RP post. If you reply back and say that I'm still far out of line, or maybe out of the RP, I'll leave, but I really hope that we can work through this rocky start. If you don't reply back in a while...well, I'll post it anyways, and if you're still upset at me, I can delete it afterwards.

YoshiRiRu

xX~Lord of the Storm~Xx
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 27, 2016
    To be honest, I don't feel like I was rude at all. I said that I didn't want to make you mad or offend you. I attempted to be polite towards you in every message that I sent, and didn't say anything that could even be possibly taken as hurtful or overbearing.

I almost think that you're a bit biased towards me just because my name is Punk on this, and because I have a "Mudpimp" avatar. ;)

If this RP is going to be deadly serious as you seem to be making it out to be, then I'll try my best, but I usually attempt to have my character be very human in his posts - as in, he's a naturally humourous guy. I offer you my sincerest apologies if I in any way went out of line, but I find it hard to believe that being confused about why something isn't up about two hours after it's supposed to be is strange. I was curious, and I feel like you somehow misconstrued that curiosity as a harried and malevolent attempt at being...well, mean.

I'm going to work on an RP post. If you reply back and say that I'm still far out of line, or maybe out of the RP, I'll leave, but I really hope that we can work through this rocky start. If you don't reply back in a while...well, I'll post it anyways, and if you're still upset at me, I can delete it afterwards.

I think this whole thing got blown way out of proportion. First off, I'll apologize for freaking out on you. Secondly, the only reason I said what I said is that I felt like you were attacking me for not being right on time. I tried to get it out as fast as I could and in all honesty I don't think that that fact that it's a bit late is curiousity inducing. If I were a few days late, I'd understand, but an hour and a half? I think that's a little pushing it.

I have no problem with humorous characters, I love them; but I do expect you to take the wishy-washy nature of the RP seriously enough to help develop it. That's it.

punkforlife93

Mudpimp
    Years
    • Seen Mar 7, 2011
    Good deal. I'm sorry for maybe hurrying you a bit.

Now, I hope that we can start over. I don't begrudge you, and hopefully you don't begrudge me.

I'll have a post up in about an hour or so.

EDIT: Here it is!

Jed tried to convince himself that he was still lying in the sand, motionless, sleeping, but he could only get the two out of three right. After another ten minutes of lying there in the sun, sand creeping into his hair and clothes, he sighed, got up, and dusted himself off. Sometimes, the dramatic moments just don't work out half as well as you'd like them to.

Stretching with his eyes closed in the direction of the sun, he tried to figure out how he had gotten here in the first place. For starters, he wasn't wet. That was truly strange, especially for having just spent an unknown amount of time floating to land just previously. Then, there was the small matter of a Tentacruel attacking the ship. Actually, Jed was almost positive that it was multiple Tentacruel - it's just that only one got his attention.

He shivered, opening his eyes, and glancing at his whereabouts.
    There was a jungle about a hundred yards or so from where the beach began, although that shifted depending on the tide, Jed knew. It was dark and ominous, filled with leafy green vegitation that seemed to forbid Jed from coming any closer. He wasn't an expert, but from the position of the sun in the sky, Jed guessed that it was about ten or so in the morning.

He looked down at Mudpimp, who had started to shift wearily, clearly aware that his friend had already gotten up. Jed bent down and patted his head reassuringly, almost as much to himself as to his Pokemon.

That was about the time that he realized he was missing both his belt and his backpack. And, possibly even worse...his guitar.

"No," Jed muttered to himself, reaching into pockets and emptying them out, finding only guitar picks. "No, no, no, no..." He bit his lip, glancing around him, before quickly breathing a sigh of relief. His stuff was only fifty feet or so away, and a ways away from the ebbing current of the ocean. He ran over to it, quickly finding everything that he had brought with him. Including the guitar. He took the Pokeballs off the belt and tried to hold all of them in his hands at once so that he could cast out multiple Pokes, but failed miserably, the balls dropping this way and that. One depressed the button and released its cargo - a yellow neckless creature covered in black stripes, an unusually bashful smile on his wide face. He stood up, coming to maybe an inch shorter than Jed, although he was considerably wider.

"Wassup, Jammer," said Jed, reaching to hug the Electivire. The shy creature embraced him back, and Jed felt tingles travel up and down his spine. Jed broke away then, letting out the other Pokemon one by one. The next to come out was a rather goofy looking creature with velvety tan fur. Her ears were doglike and droopy, and she had an acorn like cap on its head. She immediately latched onto Jed's leg, practically vibrating with excitement, her indigo tipped tail lying in the sand. "How's it going, Dunn? Bet you're glad to get out of there after being cooped up for so long."

Jed sent another Pokeball whirring to the ground, and its powder-blue inhabitant swiftly skyrocketed into the air. It fluttered briefly in place, enjoying the sensation, before flying into Jed's face. He laughed, swatting at his hair. "Cut it out, Two-Face, hehe. Don't get too excited, we don't even know where we are."

The last Pokeball twitched, as if yearning to be opened next. Jed obliged, tossing this last one straight up after depressing the button, and its occupant soared out of sight, seemingly straight at the sun. About a minute later, she returned, eyes, alert and playful, landing on Jed's outstretched arm, which almost collapsed under the immense weight of the bird. Jed laughed again as she took off briefly, landing about five feet away. "Lex, you've gained weight. Just kidding, just kidding!" he quickly added as she looked poised to attack.

He crossed his arms and took the sight of his five Pokemon in front of him, all looking impressive in the sun's glow with the beach behind them. He cleared his throat, getting ready to tell them what had happened, as they looked somewhat confused after the brief thrill of being let out of their ball.

"Well," he began, "I have no idea where the hell we are. And much as I'd like to know, I think we should stick together to find out. There's no real reason to put one of us more at danger than the other. So," he smiled, pointing jokingly one direction down the shore, "let's move out!"

They mock-marched for about five minutes before getting bored of the charade. The grim realization that they might be trapped here had set in. Jed considered some options. He could take them all into their Pokeballs, except Lex, and then fly with her to - no, that wouldn't work. They had no idea how far away other land was, and they might not even find their way back to the island. He wasn't sure how long Lex could fly, as the longest he had pushed her was an hour. Although she possessed almost supernatural strength, she couldn't hold something three times her size for a huge period of time. The same went for Mudpimp. Even though he could surf his way back, he'd probably get weary eventually, and where would Jed and the rest of his Pokes be then? At the bottom of the sea, that's where.

He tried not to show his depression, keeping his chin up. They'd been travelling for about thirty minutes. He had his backpack on and the belt around his waist, and Jammer had slung the acoustic guitar over his shoulder. Suddenly, however, he noticed a dark blur maybe a quarter mile ahead. He squinted, unsure that he had really seen it. Lex apparently had, as she quickly rose into the air and shrieked a...victory shriek, perhaps? It was clearly ecstatic.

They all started to pick up pace, nearing the object. Jed's heart was beating faster and faster. Had someone else miraculously survived the boat crash?

(OOC: This can be anyone. Good luck! :D)

Last edited:
    Years
  • Abigail went looking for a spring. She wasn't yet parched, but knew she would be in trouble if she couldn't find fresh water soon. The jungle was formidible. Only a few dozen feet in she found walking almost impossible. Roots as thick as her torso curled in and out of the ground like giant fingers. She pulled herself over one level with her waist. Corsola tried to follow, scrambling to get purchase on the smooth roots with her little legs. This jungle might be too tough for her little Pokemon, she thought.

"You two stay here for now. I'll be back soon." Abigail slid off and was immediately lost in the thick foliage.

It was as dark as evening in the shade and much cooler. Shafts of sunlight cut through the trees, dotting the scenery. She climbed carefully over the uneven terrain. Everywhere brightly colored flowers in bloom blinked like hundreds of watchful eyes in the sway of the leaves. The static-like buzz of insects never left her ears. Not far from the jungle's edge a flicker caught her eye. She found a shallow sandy pool at the base of a large, twisted tree. She dipped a finger in and tasted. It was salty. She crouched down to think.

It was quite unbelievable. People had searched for years only come up empty handed and here she was, through terrible misfortune, on Mirage Island. She only wished she hadn't lost her camera in the wreck. If she ever returned home without evidence her life would become another chapter in a long line of tall tales. She'd lost many things today. To loose her reputation and everyone's trust would be unbearable.

As she stood she noticed something obscured in the water. She looked closer. Half buried in the sand was a little block of hardened earth vaguely shaped like a human. A clay figure. It had no arms, although it might once have had them, and only the suggestion of legs, but its round, hollow eyes stared at her and its mouth called out to her in a silent cry. She had to get back to her Pokemon. If they were going to get home safely they needed her as much as she needed them. With more haste than speed and following the sound of the waves she stumbled back to the beach.

Her Pokemon were not there. The sand showed no trace of the trail they had left and she feared she had emerged in a completely different place from where she entered. Branches had torn her clothes and pulled at her hair. The smell of the sea burned in her nostrils and filled her lungs. It was instantly hot again and she wiped beads of sweat from her brow. Then, smiling and charging toward her with the speed of a gale force wind came her Corsola. She sat down, relieved. Corsola grabbed and gently cupped her hands with her little arms and from somewhere welled inside poured a cool, clear stream of water. Abigail tasted it and it was as pure as a clear sky.

"You clever thing. I didn't know you could do that." Corsola beamed and raced back the way it came, urging her to move. As she followed she saw what was so urgent. Down the shore she could make out some moving shapes. They were moving away from her, and running. She pushed her muscles harder.

"Hey, you over there!" she shouted as she ran kicking up sand behind her. "I need your help!"

The Gaurdian

a change in your demeanour.
    Years
  • (OOC: Just let me go. I dont care, You have six people, six is enough to survive on a... thing. So let the others flesh out your RP, Ill just read it. Gaurdian over and out.)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back