• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Real Life Pokemon: Great Idea or Nightmare?

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2024
    Think of this logically:What kind of mother lets her children run around the country with his pet turtle? XD

CollinTheMaster

Wishes he had X-Box Live.....
    Years
  • I think it'd be awesome if they were real!
    But, think about the ghost pokemon entries.
    And Evil Legends like Mewtwo. (Ive seen the Anime so I know hes good now)

vizforte

The Memoriam.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2009
    While some of the breeds wouldnt make much of a big issue. IE Rattata, and even pikachu to a degree. The day Rayquaza shows up, and causes a world wide national disaster. All pokemon would be hunted down and killed by current governments. It really only works, in the egalitarian (SP) society that exists in pokemon.

The resulting chaos and anarchy may start up the previous stated society though. So who knows.

Llennoccm8

The Sprietenator
    Years
  • That acualy wouldbe awesome. For example: "Your stupid kid!" "PIKACHU! USE THUNDER!!!!!!" ZAP!
    >heheheheheheheh<. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

NDS525

-NO SIGNAL-
    Years
    • Seen May 10, 2012
    That would be a nightmare if they just appeared overnight but if this was a Pokemon world from the start that wouldn't be bad!

Years
    • Seen Sep 23, 2010
    Rather than pokemon coming to us, I'd prefer to go to the world of Pokemon as portrayed in the anime. Becaus we know that that works, somehow. People there don't see something as how deadly it is, but rather as how awesomely cool it is :O

I think I probably agree with that :) Everything seems so simplistic and happy... Even the villains are tame compared to the real world stuff!

Xer0

Tomboy at Heart
    Years
  • Some Pokemon would be cool to have in real life, but others, not so much. I'd be scared of the ghost Pokemon. Seriously, read some of their Pokedex entries.

On a side note, I think people would have to be 15 and older to be a trainer, and maybe 10 and older to have Pokemon as pets.

Years
  • As awesome as it sounds to be able to become a real Pokemon trainer, the misuse of their powers would be overwhelming without a shadow of a doubt.

Cynic Kaka

Credentials.
    Years
  • :O Real-life pokemon?!

*fantasies about Lopunny and Gardevoirs pop into his mind*

Anyway, I would love to have a pet Luxray :D

-Leaf

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2010
    Real life pokemon? Nah
    Real life Devil May Cry?!? Ownage!

Love Devil May Cry series. (don't think of me being 18+, im not, im 15 in the next monday :D )

Niprop

The Fighting Porygon Team
    Years
  • Fun: Playin wit ur very own pokemanz that will be ur pal.

Unfun: Having a 1212.5 pound titanium monster that can't be scratched by a missle being shot at it raid your house/ having a floating bug shell stalk you without you being able to do anything about it/ having a mobile bomb that can set off at any moment follow you around.

The matter is pressing...

Oh, and let's not forget:

Someone who really hated you could send a full fledged, Mewtwo burning, Blissey Killing Porygon-Z though the internet to "deal" with you.

Slowpokes/Slobro/Slowking will become the dominant race! (Assuming there's no shortage of king's rocks or Cloyster.)

A swarm of Magnemites and Beldum could wipe out a cities power supply.

That Mr. Mime is looking pretty shifty watching you in that corner...

And even more things...

Last edited:

Scales

Man of Infinite Jest
    Years
  • The world today is to corruptable then it has been for the past 2000 years.

Think about it. Whenever someone proposes something that has a good intent, like say Nobel when he invented Dynamite. When he did so he instantly invented entire new ways for weapons and inadvertently started development on bombs and nuclear weaponry. Which is why he invented the Nobel peace prize.

Pokemon are animals, but they are corruptible like humans. I know I am speaking from a pessimistic sort of view. But the world of pokemon is far more grand and morally correct then today's world. In today's world it would be the Horsea spraying Graffiti because the trainer raised it to do that. In today's world the pokemon would be fighting the law enforcement while the trainer flees. In today's world humans would rather manipulate pokemon to their advantage rather then train them for skill and prestige in the pokemon world. People would use pokemon for war against each other.

It would be better for a world without humans then a world in real life where humans and pokemon exist. No matter how many restrictions or laws we would try to put into place, there would always be someone breaking it and getting away with it.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 10, 2015
    Obviously some evil people could take hold of some really powerful pokemon but I can't stop thinking of the idea of having my own little family of Houndour and Houndoom.

Back