• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Real-life Pokemons... would it be possible?

Years
    • Seen Oct 30, 2013
    Imagine if Pokemons were real....

do you think we'd be able to be trainers etc? how would some Pokemons have "electricity" going through them?

or "burning tail" or body parts ? (i.e: charmender, moltres,etc)

+ do you think the Pokemons would be harmful to humans? wouldn't be the "battle" dangerous when an attack is big etc?

Discuss. I'd like to hear what you guys think.

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    threw advanced genetic manipulation its quite possible, but human technology is FAR from that, well everywhere except japan, they can do anythin lol

MikieJo

Anyone wanna battle?
    Years
  • I'd think they would be like pets and Pokemon like Moltres Ho-Oh would only attack humans if frightened.
    I don't think the "Pikachu use thunderbolt" thing would work so Pokemon could battle on their own accord.
    HMs would be v. handy we wouldnt have to worry about the volcano in Iceland with fly, cut would be used
    if humans would be very lazy(which they are), and we could get Mewtwo to teleport us to a planet that isnt dieing

P.S. The world IS NOT going to end on 21st december 2012!!

Alyssachu

Trainer in training! ;D
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 15, 2012
    Naturally it's almost impossible for something like this to happen. But with SCIENCE, we can make it happen. But... well, it wouldn't be fun if Pokemon were just man-made robots. :P

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    If pokemon existed then they'd probably be in small numbers considering how strong they are or can grow to be. Humans would destroy their natural habitats like we're doing some animals that are alived today and they'd just go extinct sooner or later D:

Sorry, some dreams are just meant to stay...dreams.

Emlam

Old School
    Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2010
    If pokemon existed then they'd probably be in small numbers considering how strong they are or can grow to be. Humans would destroy their natural habitats like we're doing some animals that are alived today and they'd just go extinct sooner or later D:

Sorry, some dreams are just meant to stay...dreams.
    Puh.
    If Pokemon existed, I don't buy that whole faithful-servant thing. They'd become the dominant species and destroy OUR habitat. 8)

Kipher

The author riding the raptor.
    Years
  • Sigh......maybe its just not meant to be......

It is'nt.

I did report on this back in middle school.

Let's say Pokemon were introduced about.......................... 120 years ago.

From that we COULD say that we could've boosted the production capacity of America and lower cost indefinietly, however that's only saying if Pokemon cooperated with us, Pokemon would then spread through out the world helping as a food source,labor force, and protectors in developing countries. However we could have pepole using them as weapons, becuase of that WW1 or WW2 could've ended much diffrently. If Japan in it's rich respect of nature and all living things were able to say, control a few considerable Dragon tamers against the sky and use massive sea pokemon to their advantage they would be effectively throwing down supperiority in the pacific before America could mobilize from Pearl Harbor. In Europe, where a giant varying habitat of shelter and would allow Pokemon numbers to explode, effectively killing off all the normal animals we have. Possibly, if a fight breaks out a flamethrower or a ice beam might hit a dangerous substance and take fire to a forest or blow up an office building. In the Middle East, we might not have even been able to get our troops in past Falijhua, or the coast. Terrorist bombers could have belts full of electrode waiting to explode equilvlant tons of TNT in citizen centers.

Last edited:

myrrh25

New account soon.
    Years
  • I imagine myself walking alongside my Celebi when I put it in my PokeWalker, my friend does the same with Weavile. :)

Also, remember that tsunami a while back? Why do I keep thinking of a picture of that happening, with Kyogre flying out of the ocean afterwards with a menacing look on his face that can only be translated to "Screw you."?

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    We actually cant make this happen. Nobody. No animal can use electricity at will. (except a few deep sea fish) Fire on tails. Impossible. It would burn up the animal.

My answer is NEVER. There probably wont be enough technology to do this.
    But that doesn't mean that it could never happen. What I mean by that is that somewhere in the universe there could be a planet that is exactly like the pokemon world, minus the humans of course. It's just that we may never know.

I'm sure humans could someday find a way to set fire to something without it spreading to other parts. Maybe a suit of some sort.

Puh.
    If Pokemon existed, I don't buy that whole faithful-servant thing. They'd become the dominant species and destroy OUR habitat. 8)

that's why it's not wise to abuse your pkmn in your games. They may become real someday and have a thing or two for ya. :P

Last edited:

MikieJo

Anyone wanna battle?
    Years
  • If you ask me it would be kinda annoying like say u had a pet torchic it comes and lies on your bed the bed goes up in flames.
    Pokemon would be a bit of an annoyance if they lived in the games there in harmony with humans but humans would exploit them and probably make them extinct.
    I don't want a Pichu in my pantry eating my food and zapping me if I open the door

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
    Years
  • Yeah, Pokemon are possible through science, but that's way into the future. When we can actually control and alter DNA with ease.

Also to that point if Pokemon would be too dangerous to humans because of their attacks. Dodge it. Don't be a lazy guy and standing still while giving commands to your Pokemon. Actually move around, like what they do in the the Pokemon Adventures Manga :D

PokéToast

Want Some Toast?
    Years
  • Let's keep in mind the theory that states that there are an infinite amount of dimensions, with every possible event happening. *can't remember the name*

If it's true, there's Pokémon SOMEWHERE in the void of space. :laugh:
    But, who's to say that Pokémon are irrational to think of? We're too brainwashed on what "life" is. Just because we need it doesn't mean other forms of life do.

Maybe a certain reptilian species in space depends on an everlasting flame on it's tail for body heat? And it just so happens to look like a Charmander.... :P

kokopuffchan

a s h e n
    Years
  • i agree with most of the others posting here. if it were possible for the flames not to spread, for the electricity [especially in stronger electric attacks] to not shock pokemon to death, then they might exist. HOWEVER, habitats would quickly be destroyed. there isn't enough room for pokemon in this present world. in the pokemon world, there are few cities. there is mostly ocean and rural towns and paths and forests. plus, pokemon would likely be very unfriendly to humans. i also highly doubt the "loyal servitude" thing. also, how would pokeballs work? alternate dimensions?
    another thing. pokemon are fairly similar to our animals. how would they understand commands, much less their own names, unless they were super intelligent? then they would probably take over our world, being a more powerful and intelligent sort of creature.

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    If you ask me it would be kinda annoying like say u had a pet torchic it comes and lies on your bed the bed goes up in flames.
    Pokemon would be a bit of an annoyance if they lived in the games there in harmony with humans but humans would exploit them and probably make them extinct.
    I don't want a Pichu in my pantry eating my food and zapping me if I open the door

I'd rather spot a Pichu in my cabinets than a rat or roach.

Back