• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Real-life Pokemons... would it be possible?

Alkaide

••» I hate my homework!
    Years
    Like others I too used to think about this, but in the world of reality it cannot happen, that is why we play the games~

Porygon-Z

Silph Agent
    Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2010
    If pokemon were real the world would be much greener, because people would use Fly to get around instead of cars.

Also there would be no gun crime, because everybody would have pets with superpowers.

P.S.

The plural of Pokemon is not Pokemons it is just Pokemon

One Pokemon

Two Pokemon

It is never Pokemons !!

blaze_the_cat

Entire team is babies!
    Years
    I could see things like Magnemite and Voltorb being created, or able to be created. They are just steel and programmed personalities, right?

But biological Pokemon, no. Unless we eventually travel to different dimensions, or through virtual reality.

Rich Boy Rob

"Fezzes are cool." The Doctor
    Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2016
    Let's keep in mind the theory that states that there are an infinite amount of dimensions, with every possible event happening. *can't remember the name*

If it's true, there's Pokémon SOMEWHERE in the void of space. :laugh:
    But, who's to say that Pokémon are irrational to think of? We're too brainwashed on what "life" is. Just because we need it doesn't mean other forms of life do.

Exactly what I was thinking. I'm pretty sure that theory is called "The Multiverse Theory". The science would dictate that in at least one universe I am an Ampharos made of chocolate.

Years
    I think if that is how life started (with pokemon and all), then yea. But I doubt scientists would invest the time needed to manipulate genes to achieve something like that.

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    I doubt that the Pokemon world could successfully merge with the real world. There's just too much that will go wrong. Most people will never trust and get along with Pokemon as people in Pokemon world do and the ones that do won't get to see them for long because they will probably be classed as evil, dangerous creatures who need to be eradicated. It's a cruel world we live in.

Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2011
    Pokemon could not be created. They would be something similar, but never the same.

If we are speaking of a hypothetical world where pokemon arose naturally...

Electricity - it is restricted in this world to aquatic animals, such as catfish for example. This is because water conducts electricity better than air, less voltage is required for an electrical current to jump a gap from object to object (such as from fish to prey).

On land, far more would be required for electricity to jump a gap - but it is still possible. Would a land animal be able to generate so much energy? Who knows.

Energy consumption is a problem, however, for fire type pokemon - particularly those with constant flames. To keep a flame burning requires a tremendous amount of calories. Fire pokemon would either have to eat non-stop, or have a constant high energy food source available. Even then, keeping the flame lit would be a constant struggle. Fire types that only produce flames in the form of attack would be a lot more likely than fire types with a constant flame, as the flame is fleeting in comparison. They could keep up with the energy demands.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2014
    Maybe.. Just maybe.. There is a chance that one day, a Charmander will be standing out on your front lawn... But, what will you do? How will you catch it? No Pokeballs, No nothing, Just a Charmander on your front lawn, Taunting you. In a nutshell, If it happened, it would confuse us all and we wouldn't know what to do about it.

locoroco

Ginga Densetsu Weed ANIME PWNS
    Years
    i wish pokemon where real i guess our only chance(unless a crazy by pokemon scientist group set out to create them)is rely on virtual reality gaming where everything possible in
    the pokemon world ,is possible in the real world also the the creator of such game made a programmable interface such as modding the game however the heck you want whether it be in a positive way or in a less possitive possitive way.

Magmarizer

Hitokiri Battōsai
    Years
    If you belive the multiverse theory then every single event has happenend or is happening. Even those that are agianst current laws of physics, becuase the laws change slightly or drasticly in the multitude of diffrent universes.

Mabye in some universe, the electrostatic force is a little bit diffrent, so that it can jump through the air, and be controled. this would give an evolutionary advantage to the animal( or pokemon, if you wish) that can learn to control it to zap its predators.

Or mabye there is a compleatly unknown force that manifests itself as fire, but requires very little energy. the same advantage would apply.

Pokemon like turtwig and bulbasaur that live with a plant on its back is possible in this universe.

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    P.S.

The plural of Pokemon is not Pokemons it is just Pokemon

One Pokemon

Two Pokemon

It is never Pokemons !!

that **** was buggin me too XD
    i just didnt say it lol

Dubstep

Goes bump in the night
    Years
    Assuming (and that's a long to impossible shot) that we could make Pokemon, it would radically alter our world and our society. If they could survive in the wild and escape, they might kill off our real animals, for instance. They'd probably start replacing real animals as pets, too, because Pokemon would just be more fun to have.

Last edited:
    Years
    lol notice in a pokemon world though there is no such thing as a regular animal. the pokemon are the regular animals.

i wouldnt want a pokemon as a pet to be 100% honest with u. they never show you in pokemon what happens to pokemon in real life situations.

Example 1:

F**K! MOM!!! squirtle threw up on the carpet again. now the carpet is growing mold and mildew because we cant clean up all the water all over the place. and our house doesnt have flood insurance so now we have to just deal with it.

example 2:
    Sally? Sally!? wake up!! RAICHU WTF DID YOU DO TO HER!?!?!?

example 3:
    Your honor i dont know why im in court right now. i was just outside trimming some trees. how was i supposed to know a torterra was living in my backyard. yes i understand cutting his tree caused him to have an infection that ultimately killed him. please dont throw me in jail.

example 4:
    alright jimmy, i know i lured you to my car with promises of candy but im going to drop my pants right now, and if this doesnt go in your mouth. charmeleon over here is going to set you on fire.

example 5:
    *phone rings* yes osama, i am on the bus, yes i have the 4 electrodes and 2 voltorbs with me. no i didnt bring the koffing i left it with ahmad.

example 6:
    officer i caught this smeargle doing graffiti on the side wall of my store.

example 7:
    EVERYBODY GET DOWN! THIS IS A ROBBERY! IF YOU DO EXACTLY AS I SAY EVERYONE WILL LIVE! IF YOU DONT I WILL MAKE SURE THIS JOLTEON PUTS A PIN MISSLE RIGHT IN YOUR FORHEAD!!!

example 8:
    its so hard for us.. i told michelle not to go out at night and then a houndoom attacked her. our family has been devastated since

example 9:
    man im freakin out.. we saw 2 guys 1 horse and were really drunk and decided to try it out with my ponyta. it entered jim and when it was in him it evolved and ripped him apart. what do i do!?

example 10:
    CALL THE POLICE PLEASE!!! MY INFERNAPE IS CRAZY IT RIPPED MY FRIENDS FACE OFF!!! *crying* PLEASE HELP IT KILLED HER OMG PLEASE HELP SHES DEAD!!!

example 11:
    dont worry man the growlithe doesnt bite..

---2 weeks later---

we rule in favor of the plantiff for suffering 3rd degree burns and bite marks for 20,000 dollars.

trust me you dont want a pokemon as a pet.

adhdguitar

Newbie Pokémon Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2015
    Unfortunately, Pokemon would never work. But if they were real, I would side with the Pokemon, awaken the legendary Pokemon, and help them overthrow humanity.

Back