• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Real pokemon guru

sabrina_diamond

Blazing dark Vulpix
    Years
    • Seen May 22, 2024
    Here's a really good question: How do Evolution stones, Deepsea teeth and Light-ball work if they trans-mutate Pokemon such as Eevee and Camperl, especially if the items are held by Pokemon in the Daycare? Does the Elemental radiation from the Evolution stone affect the Pokemon?

Also, when Pokemon breed, how come the Eggs hatched Pokemon resemble the mother/female and yet can learn attacks from both their parents :D

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    Ink, IMO there isn't technology per say in an Apricorn, but if it was just a nut, you could very well use anything with a hard shell for capturing pokemon. Is this what you're getting at?

well, for the elemental stones, I assume it would have to be activated somehow, like the aforementioned energy-matter compound in my note on everyone's favorite nuts. Although, in one of the early episodes of the anime, I remember a large colony of eggsecute(sp) traveling across a place made of leaf stone, and evolving into Exeggutor. My guess, a willingness to evolve exerted by the pokemon in question and/or it's trainer, in the presence of the material needed to evolve. Note that this is of course the anime, and not the games, so they had to insert item-link evolutions differently, which brings us to your next point, the link items. Perhaps the pokemon holding the item would, as data, mingle with the item's code, and react to it physically at the earliest opportunity, which would be directly after the trade.

I don't know how to explain egg moves, except something akin to the hereditary knowledge shown by Saphira in the Inheritance Cycle (a.k.a., Eragon). And that was basically unexplained.

Last edited:

Monochrome

[♠]♦]♣]♥]
    Years
    My questions are..

-What is a ditto made of andy why is it solid enough to still have a face and eyes, what makes it able to become other Pokemon? And if its genetic code is so easily changed why isn't it affected by evolution stones like Eevee? Why can't a ditto evolve from the Pokemon its copying either.. If its a complete copy I mean...

- What makes one pokeball more effective than another? Why if there exists a masterball are kids still getting crappy pokeballs that suck? Is there a mass manufacturing plant for pokeballs?

- Let's just say for the sake of science the theory of evolution is true and humans evolve from animals... What went on in the Pokemon universe and why arent humans capturable by Pokeballs... It has been proven that humans arent capturable and it makes them drowzy or something dun remember!

-What is a cubones skull exactly and how is it born with it when the pokedex says it is the skull of its mother... Does it kill its mother?

- Does slowking still have a lag in pain like he did as a slowpoke or a slowbro... Because I'd assume with the poisons being pumped into his brain from the shellder that he would still feel the same effects

-how exactly do ghost Pokemon work like Gastly... it is said he is quite literally gas..

-How exactly did humans find out about Arceus?

-WHY DO POKEMON MAKE EGGS IN DAYCARE AND WHY DO THE OLD PEOPLE JUST SIT AND LET THEM... MAKE EGGS? DX

(JUST SOME QUESTIONS TO PONDER OVER!)

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    Alright, down to it, then.

1) Ditto is made of a variation of the liquid comprising the majority of an amoeba, and the face area is it's nucleus. At best guess it has to come into contact with the DNA or material of whatever it's trying to copy. Were this the case, It wouldn't be affected by elemental stones at all, unless it wanted to become one (and IMO still wouldn't work because of a seemingly more mystical quality in the little rocks...)

2) I said something about it in the Apricorn bit... Pokeballs are likely mass manufactured, and use the lowest-quality and easiest-to-obtain capturing material, minus any special properties from real Apricorns. By that, A masterball (in addition to the risk of giving it to a a real jackarse who'll misuse it) would take very long and be very expensive to produce such a high quality material, and would likely take a real professional to get it in without messing it up.

3) Well, it might be a deviation in the DNA that causes it, or the 'balls could just be programmed to capture only living beings ID'ed as Pokemon.

4) Huh. Well, perhaps Cubone do in fact grow a second skull, on the outside of the one beneath their skin, which becomes removable once the Cubone is fully grown. The Pokemon might take the skull of a dead Marowak and throw out it's naturally grown one, due to instinct.

5) Shellder are non-toxic (like crayons! xD). any fluid secreted could be actually be beneficial to brain function.

6) I don't quite understand. Explain further?

7) A small sect of the Ninten-Do tribe saw it in person, and distributed the information to other areas. XDDD

or... It was active for a while during the earlier days of humanity, assuming again darwinian macroevolution existed like that.

Last edited:

Monochrome

[♠]♦]♣]♥]
    Years
    I'm still confused though.... WHy wouldn't the evolutionary stones work? I mean supposedly Eevees DNA is easily changed which is why it has so many evolutions .. so why wouldnt ditto type change?

And why wouldn't they just sell masterballs or ultra balls to everyone? I mean that's like selling a huting rifle that doesn't kill...

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    ...it has to come into contact with the DNA or material of whatever it's trying to copy.
    It doesn't evolve, it just changes form.

...it (in addition to the risk of giving it to a a real jackarse who'll misuse it) would take very long and be very expensive to produce such a high quality material, and would likely take a real professional to get it in without messing it up.

Besides that, you gain access to more powerful balls after getting more badges now. so, a trainer with 1-2 badges only would need to worry about catching pokemon catchable with a pokeball.

Monochrome

[♠]♦]♣]♥]
    Years
    Well...

It says directly in the Pokedex and in many other sources the reason the Shellder gives the slowking intelligence is that it puts toxins in its brain...

Oh and I mean how did are humans so sure Arceus was the first i mean sureits in legend but where did they figure it out... Technically wouldn't it all be speculation if not for its existance within the actual game?

And i know this is stupid to ask but I'm really interested in this... is there anyway I could hope on the... POKEGURU Bandwagon?

Blaziken_Boy

Back for now
    Years
    Oh and I mean how did are humans so sure Arceus was the first i mean sure it's in legend but where did they figure it out... Technically wouldn't it all be speculation if not for its existence within the actual game?

The Pokeballs were specially designed to react to an oil secreted by human skin and not capture. However, the Pokeball has to stun the Pokemon it targets for a brief moment to be able to convert it, and this stun can't be overcome by modifications, explaining why in the anime when someone's hit with a Pokeball they're stunned for a bit.

Or it could just be the fact that someone just hit them in the face with a small round capsule designed to convert matter into a more compressed state to store for later ejection. I'd be stunned, too.

Greeneflower

Pikachu Rules!
    Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2023
    I have a question :3

How does Pikachu store energy in it's cheeks? And why to they call Pokemon "it" when Pokemon are also refereed to as a boy and a girl?

Thanks! :3

Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2013
    Also, when Pokemon breed, how come the Eggs hatched Pokemon resemble the mother/female and yet can learn attacks from both their parents :D

Well, I think the attacks are part of the genetic material, and the child, or baby Pokemon, got the genes of both mother and father. So it could know an attack of his father just after be born (which explains also why it does not need to train this new attack).

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 10, 2014
    Stones: The chemical balance of the stones fuses w/ the DNA of the pokemon, causing it to evolve. It evolves depending on what the pokemon and stone are made up of.
    Breeding: It's not really a matter of them looking like the mother, it's more like them appearing ing more juvenile. It's kinda like TM's and HM's the pokemon just learns it due to its type.
    Apricorns: pretty much. The apricorn, however, has an extremely shell, making it perfect for being thrown around and hitting the ground many times.
    Ditto: It's made of a substance similar to Silly Putty. It is still unknown what substance that is though. It is solid enough to give it a face. It can transform because it does not have a solid structure, but is very sophisticated, giving it the ability to transform into an exact copy. How does it change color? Smae way a chameleon does. How does it change shape, same way clay is formed, only it does it by itself. How does it know the moves of the opposite pokemon? Ditto is a telepath and since it is so sophisticated it learns the move in 1 second.
    How are pokeballs more effective, that is a secret kept by Poke'ball, company who makes them. They have stronger features though, which makes them stronger for catching pokemon. Kinda like a cell phone. The more features, the more expensive.

The masterball takes 10 years to make one because it is so complex to make one, hence, one masterball in existence

Humans aren't able to be caught b/c the pokeball; only reads pokemon DNA to be captured. Pokemon evolve like humans did, only they evolve from expeirience and do it much quicker.

Yes, it's a sacrifice a mother makes to have a child. Once the Cubone is of age 4 and is able to fend for itself, it kills its own mother because their heads are the most sensitive part of their body and they need protection and must learn to hunt at this age.

Shelder: Mooglizer said it all.

Gastly and all gohst pokemon are gas. They are a very thick, nontoxic gas that has false eyes and mouth also made of gas and pretends to use them, giving them an even gohstlier appearence.

Just as they foiund out other legendary pokemon, through legendary tales. Since the legendary pokemon have been seen, arceus is believed to ber real. They found out how Arceus created pokemon by a pokemon to human language translater. Just as Meowth did to ash in Pokemon 2000 when Pikachu and Zapdos were communicating. Arceus is a god to pokemon because he/she made them. I will not get into how Arceus was made due to religious reasons

Breeding: The same reason humans let other animals breed. It's part of nature.

Shelder's toxins are helpful toxins, juast as there are helpful bacteria.

Pikachu stores energy in its cheeks the same way certain animals store poison. Only pikachu gets it's energy kind of like humans. We have electricity in us, only pikachu has more and is able to handle more w/out killing itself. The energyis stored in it's cheeks, just because the cheeks were chosen to store the energy.
    If a pokemon is refferred to as it, that means it's speaking generally, just as we do with animals.Example: The gorilla is very sophisticated. IT also has strong arms. Or if you are facing a pokemon, and don't know if it is a boy or girl, then one would call said pokemon "it."

Sumner, if you want to join, try and answer this question. If you have a good, logical, and interesting response, then you can join. If not then I'm sorry but you can't.

"When Wartortle evolves into Blastoise, How does it GROW tow high-pressure water cannons?"

Last edited:

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    I really don't have a good answer for the Blastoise bit... Have you noticed most of the "biology" questions are coming from the first generation pokemon? It's most likely because the Game Freak was experimenting with less logical designs to see which worked best. They probably weren't sure of the direction pokemon, as species, were going to take. Little note.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 10, 2014
    Okay the blastoie question is for SUMNER ONLY

And ya I did notice that. Truthfuly I'm better w/ 1st and 2nd gen than the other 2 b/c I rarely play silver and haven't played d/pe/pl
    But I can still answer questionns about Hoenn & Sinnoh

Monochrome

[♠]♦]♣]♥]
    Years
    Well... First I want to explain the phisiology of the actual jets... Supposedly they reach deep inside the shell launching water outwards at a speed of 160 Mph making it powerful enough to punch through even steel. They jut out from open areas near the Pokemons right and left shoulders.

My assumption is that when Wartortle evolves perhaps it naturally grows two hollow cannons made of bone in order to prevent itself from becomming overloaded with water that its shell picks up over a long period of time. Supposedly the water launched is the water colected in the shell through swimming and being in bodies of water. I think originally the cannons were grown as a device to drain a shell in order to prevent water form becoming stagnant or weighing the blastoise down but over the ages it evolved into a weapon when its other uses were discovered and used more frequently.

The muscles inside a blastoises shell slowly develop into a compression like mechanism that builds pressure and releases the water through the cannons that were forced shut by another set of muscles. And over the period of evolution wartortle like many other Pokemon are forced into an adaptation completely altering their size and appearance and the growing of the cannons is just another adaptation made to accomadate Blastoises size!

Well I gave it the old clown college try thar and I gope its correct enough.

By the way, I get most of my information about Pokemon from the pokedex and then add in my own scientific perceptions... If my science sint good enough I can still provide as much information possible with the information i have amassed from a decade of Pokemon.

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    I like it personally, though an anatomically correct -if we dare go there- Blastoise would likely have narrower cannons than portrayed in anime/manga/games. Also, perhaps in a pinch a water-gunning pokemon could condense water from in the air somehow... But this is a separate piece of speculation.

I'm sorry for intruding on the question earlier, Inky.

Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2013
    Just to input re: the cubone question. One popular theory is that all female marowak die in childbirth, which not only provides the skull, but also explains why all Cubone are constantly sad.

Well, but how should Cubone and Marowak truly raise their population if with every new-born one grown-up has to die?

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 10, 2014
    Sumner, welcome to the team. Mooglizer, don't worry about it it's ok and plz don't call me Inky. Ink is fine if you wanna shorten my name. And I like the cubone theory better than mine, makes more sense.. Wyrrlok, You forgot about the male marowak, who are left to care for the baby cubone. They find a female, and breed, then they have the baby, the mother dies during birth. Males do hope for a female, since there aren't many left. The population only raises if a mother does not have birth, or if a baby boy cubone is born.

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
    Stones: The chemical balance of the stones fuses w/ the DNA of the pokemon, causing it to evolve. It evolves depending on what the pokemon and stone are made up of.

Actually, the game references the radiation given off by the stones, not the stone itself, that modifies the DNA, Inky.

Ditto: It's made of a substance similar to Silly Putty. It is still unknown what substance that is though. It is solid enough to give it a face. It can transform because it does not have a solid structure, but is very sophisticated, giving it the ability to transform into an exact copy. How does it change color? Smae way a chameleon does. How does it change shape, same way clay is formed, only it does it by itself. How does it know the moves of the opposite pokemon? Ditto is a telepath and since it is so sophisticated it learns the move in 1 second.

Doesn't explain how the jelly can change its shape by itself, Inky.
    Having telepathy does not magically allow someone to automatically learn how to discharge electricity or fire from one's body, Inky.

The masterball takes 10 years to make one because it is so complex to make one, hence, one masterball in existence

Caveat, Inky. You can get another Masterball from the lottery game, Inky. Also, what stops them from mass-producing them in a factory, Inky?

Humans aren't able to be caught b/c the pokeball; only reads pokemon DNA to be captured. Pokemon evolve like humans did, only they evolve from expeirience and do it much quicker.

DNA is DNA, Inky. Doesn't make sense that Poke Balls can differentiate, Inky. It also doesn't explain why people haven't made Poke Balls to capture humans yet, Inky.

Yes, it's a sacrifice a mother makes to have a child. Once the Cubone is of age 4 and is able to fend for itself, it kills its own mother because their heads are the most sensitive part of their body and they need protection and must learn to hunt at this age.

My Marowak is still alive, Inky.
    Also, you can breed Cubones too, Inky.

Gastly and all gohst pokemon are gas. They are a very thick, nontoxic gas that has false eyes and mouth also made of gas and pretends to use them, giving them an even gohstlier appearence.

What controls them, Inky?
    How come they can take physical hits and also pass through attacks too, Inky?

Shelder's toxins are helpful toxins, juast as there are helpful bacteria.

A technicality: no such thing as a good toxin by definition, Inky.

Well... First I want to explain the phisiology of the actual jets... Supposedly they reach deep inside the shell launching water outwards at a speed of 160 Mph making it powerful enough to punch through even steel. They jut out from open areas near the Pokemons right and left shoulders.

My assumption is that when Wartortle evolves perhaps it naturally grows two hollow cannons made of bone in order to prevent itself from becomming overloaded with water that its shell picks up over a long period of time. Supposedly the water launched is the water colected in the shell through swimming and being in bodies of water. I think originally the cannons were grown as a device to drain a shell in order to prevent water form becoming stagnant or weighing the blastoise down but over the ages it evolved into a weapon when its other uses were discovered and used more frequently.

The muscles inside a blastoises shell slowly develop into a compression like mechanism that builds pressure and releases the water through the cannons that were forced shut by another set of muscles. And over the period of evolution wartortle like many other Pokemon are forced into an adaptation completely altering their size and appearance and the growing of the cannons is just another adaptation made to accomadate Blastoises size!

Well I gave it the old clown college try thar and I gope its correct enough.

By the way, I get most of my information about Pokemon from the pokedex and then add in my own scientific perceptions... If my science sint good enough I can still provide as much information possible with the information i have amassed from a decade of Pokemon.

Doesn't explain some small minute details:
    • Muscles can only contract or relax, therefore the water would be unable to be fired in a constant flow unless there were two or more muscles. Even so, they would need to squeeze really hard to get that speed, potentially obliterating all of Blastoise's insides and the cannons.
    • Blastoise can maintain water attacks for a very long time, even firing many times its volume in water. It can't replenish its water constantly.
    • Where does Blastoise get all the energy to attack so hard, then?

Last edited:
    Back