• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Real pokemon guru

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    Also, I wouldn't bring up "looking for attention", as you draw attention to yourself with your weird centered indigo text.
    Technically, it's purple. And I don't see what that has to do with anything. The only thing that proved was that you just felt the need to say something rude.

If that were the case, we wouldn't have 5+ pages of questions and answers. And that's only this thread!
    Again, I will say it: Anyone can tell you why a Pokémon does what it does. Not necessarily the person that answered the question. Just look a little more into this and you'll finally see what I mean. But you take everything at face-value.

Not so fast! Solid matter is the most compact form of matter, and energy takes up the most space. If the atoms of a Charizard were to turn into energy, the volume necessary to hold that energy would be exponentially greater than the amount necessary for a solid Charizard's mass.
    Doesn't matter. It's called 'anime', and it does necessarily take physics into account. It gets turned into energy, end of story. It's not my fault the creators didn't want to waste time figuring the rest out.​

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    Shinji, I usually don't drag out arguments, but you appear to be a reasonable person, so I'll debate a bit. But, also, anyone else, Please try to contribute to the original purpose of the thread.

Ok, so, to start off, you have to be careful with your wording. You used an absolute. Someone who sells themselves out as a Pokemon guru is not. I am right in saying that, correct? You either intentionally or unintentionally meant all people. If they're pokemon gurus by their own words, they are not. Second, do you know what selling out is? "Selling out" is defined as compromising of one's integrity, morality or principles for money or 'success'. We are not selling out here. Again, it's just for fun!

On topic: Regigigas, how does it work? Regirock is made of rock, etc., but what is Regigigas made of?

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    (If any of you want to discuss what I've said further, please do so on my profile in the form of a VM. Thank you.)

As for your question, Mooglizer, Regigigas is based off of the golems of Hebrew legend, and is not necessarily made of anything in particular.​

The Scientist

PKMN Scientist/Mathemagician
    Years

Technically, it's purple.​

The color tag in your text says "COLOR=Indigo", so I will call it indigo.

Again, I will say it: Anyone can tell you why a Pokémon does what it does.​

Again, I will say it: if that were the case, there would be no Pokemon-related questions.

Doesn't matter. It's called 'anime', and it does necessarily take physics into account. It gets turned into energy, end of story. It's not my fault the creators didn't want to waste time figuring the rest out.​

Well, us GURUS like to apply real-world physics, chemistry, and physiology to 'anime', and thus come up with more reasonable explanations to how things work than "because the producers said so". Just look a little more into this and you'll finally see what I mean. You don't have to take everything, including anime, at face-value.

I would like to hear your reasoning on why you are so adamant regarding Pokemon being converted into energy. Could you come up with something a bit more reasonable and solid than "because it's an anime"?

There's a theory regarding digitization floating around in my head, but it'll take some research to back up. Off the top of my head, though, I know that the human genome takes up approximately 20MB of data. The inner shell of the PokeBall could be receptive, like a hard disc, and thus hold the Pokemon's consciousness and data. This would also explain how the Pokemon enters a "comfortable virtual world" upon being recalled to it's Ball.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 10, 2014
    Okay everyone, this fight is over. I'll explain in a bit, but I want u all to just settle it okay. Now I'm going to answer these question in the order they were posted, and leave the fight thing for last.

A pokemon gains experience through friendship, care, fighting, strategy, and most important, love. Wild pokemon who are evolved have found experience in these ways on their own or with friends. As long as they meet the requirements of experience in any way, they'll evolve, so yes, if the pokemon ignores the trainer and finds experience, it can evolve from loving another pokemon.

Filocakes, it's alright, I understand. Just please be nicer.

The regis have a thin membrane controlling the'r functions. Regigas has a colored shell(which is very hard) and the trees are just fur.

I have to go now, but will settle the argument later.

Goodbye.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 10, 2014
    Okay, but I still wanna have a little say in it if you don't mind.
    The reason I called the thread Real Pokemon Guru is because I had the idea. Why pokemon guru. The name popped into my head, and I thought it was a good title and would make the thread more popular so I could get lots of questions. I had been thinking of some questions and tried to answser them to the best of my ability before this thread, for I to wonder how these amazong creatures preform these miraculous techniques and attacks. It totally blew up(as in it became really popular really fast) and I was answering up a storm. Some other people wanted to help so I let them and I wanted a name for them that wasn't demeaning in anyway(like assistant, that title makes me kind of feel like everyone is a lower class than me) so I took on the title of Pokemon Guru. The side guru name I got from Yams and that's how it started. So no I'm not concieted, and no I'm not selling out. I'm not lookinmg for attention and am just doing this for fun. I in no way intend to come off as concieted or a sell out.

BTW Mooglizer. I was lookin at Shinji's visitor messagesand saw you were getting kind of bored with this. Please do explain.

Last edited:

Yams

Polursaring!
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 21, 2013
    End of story, we do the guru thing because it is a fun time-killer, not because we want attention (probably, as I do not know the intentions of others). The "Guru" title was just used to attract people, and it caught on. Noone has to take it as a literal definition.

Anywho, anyone know where Poliwhirl's and Poliwrath's mouths are? How do they eat?

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    Well, they both can have the ability Water Absorb. Or they could absorb nutrients through their skin.​

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 10, 2014
    Shinji please do not answer questions untileither I and a side guru answers or two side gurus answer.

As for Poliwhirl, the very middle of the swirl is it's mouth. It is hiddeen thoiugh to look like it doesn't have one, since the mouth is dark. The swirl's edge enlarges slightly and that is when its mouth opens.

The pokeballs: I'v already explained that on page two, post #31.

I Laugh at your Misfortune!

Normal is a synonym for boring
    Years
    Er, Ink, not to be mean or anything, but I think that might have kinda been what SL was getting at. He's in an equally valid position to answer the question, so it doesn't make sense to restrict the answering to a few people who have done what pretty much anyone could.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 10, 2014
    Well I'm not trying to say only the guru and side gurus can answer questions. I mean that the guru(me) and the side gurus should answer first so that the ones that I give the position to have a position, otherwise, there's really no point in having side guru being a position. Otherwise side gurus would just be people who visit and answer a lot. So I'm not saying only they can answer, I'm asking that the visitors please let them answer first. But I feel that two people are too muuch now that I give more thoouht into it. So...

Please let either the guru(me) or a side guru answer the question first then feel free to answer. Just one person answers first though, then anyone is free to answer.

The only reason I'm doing this is because there really is no purpose for side gurus other wise. Like I said, if this rule wasn't here, side gurus would just be people who visit and answer a lot.

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    Er, Ink, not to be mean or anything, but I think that might have kinda been what SL was getting at. He's in an equally valid position to answer the question, so it doesn't make sense to restrict the answering to a few people who have done what pretty much anyone could.
    ^ What he said. I don't see why I have to wait for others to give answers. That's a tad greedy.

EDIT: But, if it makes you feel any better, than I suppose I'll only visit this thread and not post unless I actually have a question.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 10, 2014
    Guys just please wait for 1 side guru or just me to answer first(whichever sees the question first) then you can give your own opinion. If you guys don't like this thenplease tell me. But if you don't want it here, then I don't really think there should be side gurus. If anyone has any suggestions on what side gurus should do for there not being a rule please tell me.

dream's-epilogue

Worthless
    Years
    Ignoring the arguing...

When Pokemon enter Pokeballs, they are converted to energy, correct? If that is the case, does time essentially stop for them, like no aging and such?

And, if not, are they conscious while in this state? Basically, if a Pokemon emerged from it's pokeball, what, if anything, would it remember? Would it's last memory be of entering the pokeball?

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 10, 2014
    No no. The pokemon are converted into energy, it has no effect on them. The pokemon knows it's going in the pokeball( when it hasn't fainted of course) when the trainer calls it back. Then in a three process, it's converted into energy and is miniturized and stored in the pokemon containment unit of the pokeball. It remembers everything that it can remember being through. Like humans remember and sometimes forget stuff, so do they.

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    Ok, As for the earlier mention of being bored, I meant going back and forth with SL there. Not the thread. I'd like to see if this could get more back on topic from here on out, seeing as this has essentially become an argument (as per dream-epilogue's comment). I'm glad it's at it's conclusion, myself. That aside...

How do dark pokemon manage to ignore psychic attacks so easily? Surely it's not a mental thing, because Alakazam and the like easily manipulate inanimate objects.

drunk ¬_¬

Koga Bunshin no Jutsu!
    Years
    i have a question...
    how come lucario gets to talk... that's so uncool :\

i mean besides being a mewtwo ripoff, what does it have that others don't???

The Scientist

PKMN Scientist/Mathemagician
    Years
    Ok, As for the earlier mention of being bored, I meant going back and forth with SL there. Not the thread. I'd like to see if this could get more back on topic from here on out, seeing as this has essentially become an argument (as per dream-epilogue's comment). I'm glad it's at it's conclusion, myself. That aside...

How do dark pokemon manage to ignore psychic attacks so easily? Surely it's not a mental thing, because Alakazam and the like easily manipulate inanimate objects.

Well, Dark-types are known to have vicious, malicious minds and intentions, to the point where releasing their aura is damaging (Dark Pulse). Psychic-types have very sensitive minds and have shown that they are capable of telepathy. When a dark type is nearby, the strong malicious intent is enough to overwhelm them and stifle the Psychic-type's mental abilities. This aura is also given off by Ghosts (Banette may have the strongest due to its angry origins), hence the Psychic-type's weakness to them.

Now about PokeBalls, I want to debate someone over the converting into energy thing. See, I missed it the first time it came around, and I think I raise a valid point in that energy takes up more volume than solid matter.

I've been working on how a PokeBall can do what it does, and I'm thinking that it disintergrates (!) the target and keeps both its consciousness and genotype in the PokeBall shell. The genotype is stored permanently, which is why two Pokemon cannot be caught in the same PokeBall, and inanimate objects (like riceballs) don't get disintergrated.

Anyway, upon being summoned, the PokeBall re-intergrates the Pokemon using the genetic data as a blueprint, then transfers the consciousness into the body.

And about the question asked above, Pokemon can hear and possibly see what is going on around them while in their Pokeballs (this is based on multiple instances in the show).

Also, it has been mentioned multiple times in multiple places that PokeBalls contain a "comfortable virtual world".

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 10, 2014
    Ya dark pokemon are very tactical and vengeful. They are a threat to phsycic pokemon, which weakens their abilities.

Nieto I .ike that assumption. But you're wrong(just kidding) But my friend ame up with a theory of being transferred into data, which also explains how they're able to be comported into a computer server. and didn't you say something about the human genome and data or something like that? If you know what I'm talking about and find it, please post the comment. Thank oyu.

Back