• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Real pokemon guru

The Scientist

PKMN Scientist/Mathemagician
Years
  • Isn't it possible that Pokeballs, rather than being designed to accept a specific gene in pokemon, instead reject the genetic make up of humans specifically?

PokeBalls are manufactured with a fail-safe device. Each Ball is imprinted with a copy of the basic human genome (it's only 20MB!) with a clause that basically says "DO NOT CAPTURE THIS".

TIME PARADOX.

Regarding Egg Groups, here's what I've concluded.
    Anyway, animals can breed interspecially when they have a recent common ancestor. For example, lions and tigers have a recent common ancestor that was very similar to them and was in the genus felis. Same thing with horses, donkeys, zebras, and other equines.

Now all the Pokemon are apparently direct descendants of Mew. Below Mew are the Ancient Pokemon: Aerodactyl, Relicanth, Kabutops, Lileep, etc... [at least] one for every Egg Group that exists today. Below these ancient Pokemon are the current 400+ that we know and love today.

Considering that there have not been any reports of a fish Pokemon being evolutionarily placed between Magikarp and Relicanth, all Pokemon have one direct, recent, common ancestor. This makes them close enough to breed interspecially. However, the distance between Egg Groups is further, as the differing Group's common ancestor, Mew, is too far away. If this is too confusing, I'll make a chart later.

I really do enjoy quoting myself.

Anyway, this thread seems to have gone to hell after Redstar showed up...

Conclusion: all it takes to troll you guys is to have someone stroll in and say, "It's all fan theories" or "Pokemon are magic".

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2016
    Anyway, this thread seems to have gone to hell after Redstar showed up...

Conclusion: all it takes to troll you guys is to have someone stroll in and say, "It's all fan theories" or "Pokemon are magic".
    What did I do?

And I never said Pokemon are magic; someone put that in my mouth.

And that whole "Pokeballs don't catch humans" bit is crap.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2016
    Your jokes sound very similar to your serious statements, that's why it's confusing
    I don't see what was so difficult to understand that Pokemon inherently have elemental typing, and humans don't. That's the difference. You don't see humans running around using Mega Punch or Dream Eater, which suggests we have no typing suggestive of being a Pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2016
    Dude, please. No need to stick up for me. I can do that for myself, and it only makes them think I'm trolling like you are.

I Laugh at your Misfortune!

Normal is a synonym for boring
    Years
  • Seriously, though, don't put on your trollface like that. That was very assholish, and I'm the forum assh*e, so yeah.

What? I'm not trolling, I'm genuinely confused here.

Redstar, I thought we settled that debate already?

I was just pointing out that you said "I didn't say Pokemon are magic" when you'd said that further up the page. You then said that was a joke. I, for one, did not get that from the way it was phrased bu I don't know, maybe that's just me.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2016
    Redstar, I thought we settled that debate already?

I was just pointing out that you said "I didn't say Pokemon are magic" when you'd said that further up the page. You then said that was a joke. I, for one, did not get that from the way it was phrased bu I don't know, maybe that's just me.
    Well I don't know. I wasn't sure what/why you were bringing up what you did, so yeah.

I'm not sticking up for you in this case, but it seems like all the idiotic comments always seem to be directed towards you, so I tend to look where you've posted to see if there are any people I can be an assh*le to so I can get the anger out of my system since my life is basically horrible.

I'm not trolling, I'm saying what's on my mind.
    Well calm down. All your posts are negative and name-calling, and that's inappropriate for any situation. Plus I don't want it associated with me.

I Laugh at your Misfortune!

Normal is a synonym for boring
    Years
  • cool, all settled, then?

Anyway, I have another quick question.

Logically, how does Magikarp survive in the wild? It apparently has natural predators and one would have thought that seeing as it's so pathetic, it would be completely wiped out in no time?

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2016
    Logically, how does Magikarp survive in the wild? It apparently has natural predators and one would have thought that seeing as it's so pathetic, it would be completely wiped out in no time?
    Magikarp is just bad at battling, but may not be so bad at survival itself. Many people can run, but fighting? Better just run.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Magikarp is supposed to be as hard as a rock, but that's going by anime canon when James tried to eat the Magikarp he bought.

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    Aye chihuahua, I'm glad that's over.

At any rate, question time.

How exactly does Sing put enemies to sleep? It seems like a logical concept (lullabies), but in practice simple songs wouldn't work nearly as well as the move does.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2016
    Aye chihuahua, I'm glad that's over.

At any rate, question time.

How exactly does Sing put enemies to sleep? It seems like a logical concept (lullabies), but in practice simple songs wouldn't work nearly as well as the move does.
    It's like hypnosis, but works in a different way. Imagine certain sounds being able to trigger reactions in the brain, lulling them to sleep. It's like the Bene Gesserit using Voice. Or if you don't get the reference, it's like a modified "brown note".

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 10, 2014
    Thanks for caring I'm back. Magikarp is also a great swimmer. It's great at dodging other pokemon. Plus, Magikarp don't normally live in areas that have many predators. Sing has a certain frequency that is very sensitive to the ears. The pitch and rythym of sing's song cause brain activity to slow down causing drowsiness.

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    Heya, Ink. Where have you been?

I didn't realize what either the Bene Gesserit or a brown note were, until I looked them up, and then I remembered. XP But it's plausible.

Yams

Polursaring!
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 21, 2013
    Well now that that's over, no hard feelings Redstar, or anyone else that I was debating against.

Magikarpay just not have any natural predators, or may have few. Maybe the Gyarados in the area protect any Magikarp from harm, or because Magikarp can live in any body of water, they are just so spread throughout the Pokemon World that it would be nearly impossible to eliminate every single Magikarp.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 10, 2014
    School mostly. I'm starting to make some stop motions too, so that's takin up a lot of time.

Magikarp live in peace. Their locations are very secure thanks to the Gyarados. They protect the magikarp. why? Not only are they first evolutions of their own kind, but the protect them so they can become Gyarados for more of a population. It's kinda like a clan almost.

Last edited:
    Back