• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Real Time Pokemon Battles?

mrcroconaw

That Croconaw
Years
  • I've been wondering about this for a while; and I'd like to share my thoughts.

Most Pokemon games have a turn-based battle system; which sets on the stats and moves of the Pokemon battling. The battle system is well developed, and doesn't bore me at all.

But what if Pokemon had a real-time battling system? Think Super Smash Bros. Brawl; except with all 600+ Pokemon.

Would real time battling be a good idea?

Would you get a Pokemon game that used real time battling?

Would this effect what kind of Pokemon you'd use in game?

Could you see this ever happening in the future of Pokemon franchises?

And I'm not talking about stuff like Pokemon Rumble. I mean like; actual fighting games. Discuss.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • Would real time battling be a good idea?
    No because most people are so use to the strategies. It would be too many moves to program on a Pokemon game like that

Would you get a Pokemon game that used real time battling?
    Yeah, but I won't enjoy it because I love how Pokemon is right now

Would this effect what kind of Pokemon you'd use in game?
    Probably so, instead of using my favorites, I would probably use the big legendaries (even though Giratina is my 3rd favorite Pokemon)

Could you see this ever happening in the future of Pokemon franchises?
    No, the closes it will probably get to that is the Pokemon Rumble series

:t354:TG

Back