• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that this section is for questions regarding the forum itself - it is not for fan game-related questions. If you have a question about a fan game, ask in the appropriate thread.

• Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Really sorry for the staff ...

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Its hard to be an elitist forum when the subject of it is directed towards small children. Unless you want us all to be hardcore and make the children cry for breaking a rule.

Sajuuk

http://forum.hpcommunity.co.uk
    Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2010
    Its hard to be an elitist forum when the subject of it is directed towards small children. Unless you want us all to be hardcore and make the children cry for breaking a rule.

Well, in some areas, yes, but others no. Although RN is elistist with lots of children on it. They don't mind and everyone there does like it being that way :)

Years

Well, in some areas, yes, but others no. Although RN is elistist with lots of children on it. They don't mind and everyone there does like it being that way :)

Half the users here are so mentally fragile, though, that they'll break down into tears if they get so much as a critical comment in a review. If we introduce elitist rules you'll probably see an increased rate of suicide as a result. :|

Sajuuk

Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2010
    Half the users here are so mentally fragile, though, that they'll break down into tears if they get so much as a critical comment in a review. If we introduce elitist rules you'll probably see an increased rate of suicide as a result. :|
    Yeah. But I don't want the whole board to be like RN, but maybe just a few sections, since some are overridden with a hell lot of spam.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    This. Is. Not. Relic. News.

You keep saying "I know it's not", "I know it's not", but you clearly don't. PC is never going to be like Relic News and I don't think any one of us want it to be, either. Seems like every suggestion you have relates to Relic News both in this thread and threads prior to this; publicly posting bans, moving the what's going on box thing to the top, etc. D8<

Sajuuk

Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2010
    This. Is. Not. Relic. News.

You keep saying "I know it's not", "I know it's not", but you clearly don't. PC is never going to be like Relic News and I don't think any one of us want it to be, either. Seems like every suggestion you have relates to Relic News both in this thread and threads prior to this; publicly posting bans, moving the what's going on box thing to the top, etc. D8<

But I clearly don't want PC to be like RN.
    I make suggestions based on them since I liked that forum, more than others.

Years
    Then i will suggest you stick to that forum.

As you said, "more than others" which means that you wont like this more than Relic News, and I dont think we want to make a pokemon forum into whatever Relic News is.

I'm not a staff, but I can see that PC's methods are clean and clear and the only time when something may be changed is when there can be improvements that benefit the forum.

Making this forum like another forum is just stupid. Every forum has a structure, and if every forum became the same, then theres no reason to go to one and not another..

Sajuuk

Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2010
    Then i will suggest you stick to that forum.

As you said, "more than others" which means that you wont like this more than Relic News, and I dont think we want to make a pokemon forum into whatever Relic News is.

I'm not a staff, but I can see that PC's methods are clean and clear and the only time when something may be changed is when there can be improvements that benefit the forum.

Making this forum like another forum is just stupid. Every forum has a structure, and if every forum became the same, then theres no reason to go to one and not another..
    Sorry, I got booted out there, so I can't go back there.
    This ain't some sort of advertising campaign ya know ?
    No no, I mean that maybe just one or two forum sections are elitist and the rest just like PC. Emulation for example is always spammed.

Have you actually seen their rules?

Sajuuk

Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2010

I can't possibly imagine why.

NOBODY cares about their rules, Spey.
    Want to really know why?
    And I know, just putting my 2 cents in.

@All: Why is it that my ideas are always dumbed down, as if they're rubbish, but you don't dumb down other's ideas?

Years

Want to really know why?
    And I know, just putting my 2 cents in.

@All: Why is it that my ideas are always dumbed down, as if they're rubbish, but you don't dumb down other's ideas?

Okay.

Firstly, its not personal.

ALOT of people try to change PC to help the forum out. And pretty much ALL of them are removed after failing or something similar (the changes I mean). Ill give you a suggestion: Make a PC group and discuss the matters you want to change before you just put them forward.

Also, just because you believe it will work, you have to look at it from all perspectives. Not everyone is intelligent and can think smart and quick. PC is a family friendly forum... I doubt in RelicNews that there is ANY person that actually is younger then 13-14 years old.

We have 8 year olds :|

And tbh ive had millions of ideas that the staff reject, so have most of our members. Just get over it and just be friendly in the forum and maybe later on when you know this forum better you can suggest changes for it that wont get rejected.

Back