• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Reason why the 5th gen pokemon look different

MistahDude

Primate Pokemon Master
    Years
    their gettin worse.

gen1
    i loved every pokemon except ponyta&rapidash (i ummm got a thing bout horses) and it got me hooked on pokemon

gen2
    i loved every single pokemon, & it was my fav region/generation& i loved all of gen4s gen2 pokemon evolutions which just made it even better to me :D
    and solidified my loyalty to the series& made me a permanent fan of pokemon.

gen3
    i liked half the pokemon, the other half i loved.
    & it stands so far to be the only region i love all 3beginners
    it also showed that pokemon dont have to evolve to be strong
    & introduced a massive variety of dragons to even out their rarity

not to mention the fontastic storyline in emerald which made Emerald my fav game after G/S/C/HG/SS until platinum came out which makes it now:
    HG/SS-Pt-&E as my top favs.

gen4
    minus the massive lot of useless gen1 evolutions(minus the eeveelutions)
    the gen2 evolutions i fell in love with, and even bonsly caught my attention
    i found alot of the new dark type pokemon awesome
    the legends were ok, but it seemed like they were rushing too many at once in fear of pokemon ending "prematurely" IMO

i loved the gible line,but was disappointed in ANOTHER physical heavy dragon, which we are in serious need of a NON-legendary special attack heavy dragon

the storyline in platinum over took emerald as my fav storyline so far, which only added to my love for the pokemon designs especially with the new cut scenes exc.

gen5
    so far i LOVE the region itself
    but the pokemon are seriously lacking, i love the grass beginner, i plan on frying the fire beginner (lol jk), & the water beginner IMO shouldve been brown like a real otter then id like it more
    the newly revealed pokemon disappointed me, pokemon are meant to be animals not monsters, but now their becoming more& more like monsters instead of animals
    i do like the fire pokemon,its growing on me
    &the crocodile I LOVE

i dont know the storyline, but i hope it makes me appreciate these pokemon more

cuz right now i think their designs are going down hill FAST :(

In time you will adapt to change if you are willing to. Just wait and the pokemon will grow on you.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
    What I'm saying is that, Pokemon used to be be a child-like pokemon, then a teenager, then an adult in logical(well, as logical as pokemon gets) stages, no real drastic changes. Now pokemon goes toddler, child, adult, making drastic changes going into a 3rd evo. This was hard to explain. I'm using gen 4 because gen 5 hasn't been released enough yet.

Uh...yeah, say that to Machoke. He changes colour in evolving from Machop...and then changes back. There are Pokemon like that in all regions and there are Pokemon unlike that. You seem to have neglected to mention that the Piplup line is like that.

Oh, did I forget to mention Dragonite? Dratini grows into a longer, more mature Dragonair...then evolves from an elegant blue snake into a giant fat orange dragon with wings that couldn't support a five-year-old kid. If that's not "drastic" enough for you, I have no idea what is.

Last edited:

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    [PO]C[KE]T [MON]STERS

POKEMON

derpaderp!!!

-_- really? you that thick?
    pidgey whats it classified as?
    oh i dunno the small BIRD pokemon
    hows gible? Land SHARK pokemon
    oh i could go on for hours with this one.

In time you will adapt to change if you are willing to. Just wait and the pokemon will grow on you.

ya the gen2 evos i hated at first, but not i MUST have yanmega on my team in HG/SS lol it just takes time ^_^

Hibaru

Advanced Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    their gettin worse.

gen1
    i loved every pokemon except ponyta&rapidash (i ummm got a thing bout horses) and it got me hooked on pokemon

gen2
    i loved every single pokemon, & it was my fav region/generation& i loved all of gen4s gen2 pokemon evolutions which just made it even better to me :D
    and solidified my loyalty to the series& made me a permanent fan of pokemon.

gen3
    i liked half the pokemon, the other half i loved.
    & it stands so far to be the only region i love all 3beginners
    it also showed that pokemon dont have to evolve to be strong
    & introduced a massive variety of dragons to even out their rarity

not to mention the fontastic storyline in emerald which made Emerald my fav game after G/S/C/HG/SS until platinum came out which makes it now:
    HG/SS-Pt-&E as my top favs.

gen4
    minus the massive lot of useless gen1 evolutions(minus the eeveelutions)
    the gen2 evolutions i fell in love with, and even bonsly caught my attention
    i found alot of the new dark type pokemon awesome
    the legends were ok, but it seemed like they were rushing too many at once in fear of pokemon ending "prematurely" IMO

i loved the gible line,but was disappointed in ANOTHER physical heavy dragon, which we are in serious need of a NON-legendary special attack heavy dragon

the storyline in platinum over took emerald as my fav storyline so far, which only added to my love for the pokemon designs especially with the new cut scenes exc.

gen5
    so far i LOVE the region itself
    but the pokemon are seriously lacking, i love the grass beginner, i plan on frying the fire beginner (lol jk), & the water beginner IMO shouldve been brown like a real otter then id like it more
    the newly revealed pokemon disappointed me, pokemon are meant to be animals not monsters, but now their becoming more& more like monsters instead of animals
    i do like the fire pokemon,its growing on me
    &the crocodile I LOVE

i dont know the storyline, but i hope it makes me appreciate these pokemon more

cuz right now i think their designs are going down hill FAST :(

I don't see anything Lacking on the Pokemon. That's what the way it is, Even if the New Pokemon look different. New Generation, New Pokemon design as well. Doesn't mean it has to be like 1st Gen or the other previous.

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    I don't see anything Lacking on the Pokemon. That's what the way it is, Even if the New Pokemon look different. New Generation, New Pokemon design as well. Doesn't mean it has to be like 1st Gen or the other previous.

i agree, i was just statin how each generation i grew to love each pokemon & appreciate pokemon i didnt (there are still ones i cant stand)

Back