• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Recoloring turtiol

SuperSingerGal

IHopeYouChoke&Die(:
    Years
    woah thas hrd! but i can tri!
    but ull hafta help me!

thankx!
    herres tha outcome....
    Recoloring turtiol

Last edited:

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    *sigh* It's recolouring, possibly the most simple task one could ever stumble upon, a tutorial isn't really nessicary, especially when there are better ones on TSR.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jun 2, 2014
    We don't want to encourage people to just put an infinitesimal amount of work into their stuff.

fearow23

You know, that guy on T.V.
    Years
    Wow! that was exactly my startegy for all my recolors. but for the outline, i do the light and dark strategy aswell. so if pikachu's lightest outline was bright yellow, then togepi's lightest would be the same. and if pikachu's darkest was gold, togepi's darkest would be gold. would that cause any problems?

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    Allstories said:
    We don't want to encourage people to just put an infinitesimal amount of work into their stuff.
    Well, we don't, shame the same can't be said for the vast majority of the community.

Years
    Gosh, Vaati, do you HAVE to pressure every newbie spriter? Not everyone can DO this. Everybody has to start somewhere, and that somewhere may just be here. Give Lugia_Master a break, okay? Some people actually don't know how to recolor.

It's a nice tutorial. Short and sweet. ^^

Years
    ZephyrPlusle said:
    Gosh, Vaati, do you HAVE to pressure every newbie spriter? Not everyone can DO this. Everybody has to start somewhere, and that somewhere may just be here. Give Lugia_Master a break, okay? Some people actually don't know how to recolor.

He's always like this, trust me, I'm like his worst friend.

But, I found out how to recolour by accident, its not actually hard.

Years
    ZephyrPlusle said:
    If it's hard for you to use that much common sense, then you have a problem.

fearow23

You know, that guy on T.V.
    Years
    fearow23 said:
    Wow! that was exactly my startegy for all my recolors. but for the outline, i do the light and dark strategy aswell. so if pikachu's lightest outline was bright yellow, then togepi's lightest would be the same. and if pikachu's darkest was gold, togepi's darkest would be gold. would that cause any problems?

I asked this question for a long time but all u guys do is complain about something else with vaati or homer or flanders and what not. so is my strategy ok or what?

Ryu-Chan

Spifftasticcupcake
    Years
    ZephyrPlusle said:

Yea!And Im NOT a newbie spriter.

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    This would be a decent tutorial if it wasn't for the countless typos and the fact that you only used one outline colour for the recolour, if you'd look at the outlines of Togepi (or any other Pokémon sprite for that matter) you'd see there are a total of three outline colours (two darker shades of the main colour and black) and the darkest shade of the sprite (not counting the outline colours) can be used as an outline colour on the lighter parts.

Also, it isn't very hard to figure out how to use the paintbucket and eyedropper tool.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    ZephyrPlusle said:

That there, is pure humour at it's finest.
    Because quite frankly, if you can't even recolour a simple sprite, which IMO is basically a form of mediocre sprite theft anyway, then you really shouldn't be visiting spriting boards and showing off your "Work".

This would be somewhat helpful if you taught them something such as "How to create a whole new palette that isn't crap"

And Yes Zypher, I do have to pressure them, because quite frankly, if you fill them with n00bish praise over crap like recolours then they're never, ever gonna improve.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    Corey, Infinity, 無限大, Nachtara says:
    Fox, teach me how to make a sprite tutorial because I cannot take five minutes and learn MS Paint!
    Davis~Repition: Annoying people since the dumbass who started it...annoyed people with it.~ says:
    Fox:....*shoots down slippy*
    Davis~Repition: Annoying people since the dumbass who started it...annoyed people with it.~ says:
    Peppy: DO A BARRELL ROLL!
    Fox:....*shoots down Peppy*

....Being said that, think about people like Matt back on Pixeltendo one year ago. His first sprite was a horrible recolor of some Pokemon characters, with the faces of Zelda characters. Obviously, he was told that recoloring and mutating was NO GOOD. If he was never told that, he'd probably still be doing recolors now.

People "accept" recolors like it's a form of spriting. When really, it's a pallet. Taking at least 1 minute to do. Any one who does not know how to recolor......should not be allowed to use paint. Paint is a difficult program to use some times, it'll probably take time to perfect recoloring. Once you get the basics of paint, THEN you start spriting.

Leave your recolors in the recycling box. They are practice tools. Move onto edits & customs. Show them off for respect points. Look at the big spriters, like Frario, Badassbill, Semijuggalo, Bacon. They never took recoloring and passed it off as a sprite. Neither should you.

EDIT -- Care to refrain from swearing? Your post is indeed accurate and quite right, but try to watch the language ~Signomi

Last edited by a moderator:

crystal blastoise

hah! blasters so 90's
    Years
    • Age 28
    • U.S
    • Seen Mar 27, 2006
    lugia-master can you teach me how to do recolors give me a full

specfic link/list etc. thanks in any way

Back