• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Recommend me a new smartphone!

Iris Mist

Hylian Princess
    Years
    Anyway, none of my friends who've owned a recent Blackberry have liked it at all (and I know tons of people with one since RIM is pretty much right down the road from me :P) and if you're trying to stay away from Android for now... that kind of only leaves Windows and the iPhone. I've no experience with Windows phones though so I'd probably just suggest the iPhone. :/ Helps with the colour thing, too. (Or skins, anyway.) If you're not into apps, Windows is a distinct possibility but... if you do like having a selection of apps, it's not a very safe bet yet, I don't think.

Blackberry is truly a hit and miss the last few years. They are slowly redeeming themselves though. I have the Blackberry Curve 3G (9300) and aside from the fact that I would prefer a touch screen, it works perfectly for me.

As for the Windows Phone 7, the UI design kind of sucks, but the apps work quite well, and it is, overall, a good system. It's just being careful with which phone you're getting (I had an LG Optimus Quantum). Some phones just don't do the system justice.

I've never used an iPhone, but I do have an iPod Touch (the main reason I didn't want an iPhone) and it doesn't crash very often, but when it decides to crash, it screws me over completely.

I truly cannot give any kind of opinion on Android, since the only thing related to Android that I own is my newly upgraded Blackberry Playbook, which can run a set selection of Android Apps.

Yagerbomb

←Apple Jack
    Years
    I think my Samsung Galaxy S is a bit creaky and quirky these days. It's like it's going to choke and die any moment soon. I think I'm not even browsing the web properly, and I have had to deal with its senior moments like the touchscreen not responding, hard locks, orientation mishaps and stuff.

So now I'm thinking of getting a new phone.

What do you think will be good for me? (Might want to avoid Android stuff for now.)

It's probably because you have a Samsung. I have A HTC (Sensation, although newer ones are out) and nothing is wrong with it. HTC makes great phones, If you are willing to give Android another chance, go with HTC as they are quite good phones.

Although, other than my personal opinion, the kinda phone you should get depends on what you are going for:

Blackberry - More business minded, yet their business is going down the toilet

Android - More casual,social interface

Apple - More of a mix between the two others.

Bax

Years
    I have to agree with post above and I will add some my experiences:

Yes I agree HTC do a great phones. Personally I own Evo 3D, IDK if it got price cut everywhere, but at least in Europe it should be 250-300€ without contract. It is basically little better HTC Sensation + with 3D screen. And I got it during release date for 300€ (without contract) so I went for it :D And HTC is really awesome. I also love Sense extension (idk why some people hate it).

So yeah I would recommend you HTC. If you want to give chance to ICS go for HTC One or choose some with Windows phone if you want to switch OS.

Android is really awesome system and because it is open technology it is good for nearly everyone. Every user can customize it on its own, but well if you are just casual user without special needs it really doesn't matter what will you choose.

Windows phone - I have no experience with this, but some people near me which got it are satisfied with it so I guess it is nice OS

Anyway I got experience with iOS as well (because of developing and testing some apps on company phones) and well if you got enough money and you do not care that much about customization of system into even little details go for iOS. It is awesome phone with great user friendly interface for people who do not have that much of IT skills but want to cool smart phone.

BlackBerry I have no experience with, but it seems to me as only business phone or if you are only casual user who loves to chat and send emails and want to use phone for this kind of text communication BlackBerry should be good choice as well.

Back