• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other✓] [RED] [GEN 1] Hall of Fame Room Battle Screen Glitching/VRAM Corruption?

epseta

Don't let your memes be dreams.
Years
  • Hello.

I've set up the Hall of Fame room so that you automatically walk in and battle the final boss. This is what it look should look like after his pre-battle speech:
    [RED] [GEN 1] Hall of Fame Room Battle Screen Glitching/VRAM Corruption?

But when the text box goes away and the battle transition is about to occur, this happens:
    [RED] [GEN 1] Hall of Fame Room Battle Screen Glitching/VRAM Corruption?
    The trainer's supposed to look like that, in case you're wondering.

Can anyone help me figure out what's going on and how to fix it?
    Here's what I know:
    The corruption occurs when DisplayTextID at 0:2920 is called. The text box appears and prints out text correctly. It only begins when it goes away.
    I ran it through in bgb and found that when 0:1848 (CopyVideoData, I think) is called a second time (which would be right after the text box disappears), the background becomes garbled.
    The battle plays out as normal.
    After defeating the trainer and going back to the Hall of Fame room, the tiles are no longer corrupted.

Thanks for any info you can give me, as this problem is really stumping me.

epseta

solved, figured it out. I had set some sprites as invisible by setting $C110, $C120, etc. as $00, and that somehow caused the corruption. Wow I feel stupid...

Last edited:
    Back