• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen red gyarados?

Kagome100

Anime and Animal nut
Years
  • ok is there any way to get a red gyarados from my crystle game to my Diamond game? does crystle trade to Sapp or Fire Red or any others? if now is there a red gyarados in the Diamond game?

Paranoia

FC: 1375 3660 8982
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Feb 2, 2014
    Uhh, no you can't, the only games compatible with D/P are R/S/E and FR/LG, which you Pal park the pokemon from your box, into D/P

PokemonXP

Platinum Battler
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2010
    yeah, I also wish there was someway to convert past pokemon

It would be impossible to have pokemon from R/B/Y and G/S/C come to the D/P, FR/LG or R/S/E games because the IV and EV systems are different. Other mechanics are different so there is no way the data could be transfered from the GB to GBA or any of the other "newer" games.

Ichida

The Zealous Blue Partizan
    Years
  • Hehe, "Crystle." Hilarious typo.

But yeah, it would have been much simpler if the GB games were compatible with the recent games. Ah well, that's how it turned out. I'm glad the EV/IV systems were rehauled too, so I don't mind not being able to port my ancient Pokemon. Those games were from back in the days when we were all n00bish children anyways, so it's not like most Pokemon from back then would be usable in real competition.

Back