• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen red to silver to ruby?

☆Stardust☆

Your best friend
    Years
    Yup. I had to go out and buy fire red. It was before DP came out, so it gave me enough time to train my FR pokemon, and transfer them to my Pearl version.

Ampremas_tortoise

Because turtles are overrated.
    Years
    Yeah. You can't even doubleslot GBC games into your DS. There's a little ridge in the GBA games that color games don't, and it won't fit.

Sorry. :s Does suck, though. They should have put a time-machine in the GBA games so you could trade on up. They probably did do it so you'd have to buy the new ones. Just like they won't replace your battery or game pak for you. Cheap sons of Leonard.

Amp

This is crazy.
    Years
    Well, in fact it was because the trade system had been totally revamped from the 2nd to 3rd gen. They could've done somehting to fix it, but apparently they didn't think it'd be worth the time. The fans straightened them out on that. That's why we have pl park now.

Years
    Yeah. You can't even doubleslot GBC games into your DS. There's a little ridge in the GBA games that color games don't, and it won't fit.

Sorry. :s Does suck, though. They should have put a time-machine in the GBA games so you could trade on up. They probably did do it so you'd have to buy the new ones. Just like they won't replace your battery or game pak for you. Cheap sons of Leonard.

Haha. I agree. Their worst move was GBM. Now I practically have to buy new equipment for it. Plus, GBC games are not compatible with GBM. That console is a real bloodsucker, drained my pocket till its empty. Is it possible to trade pokemon from FR/LG into D/P?

Years
    Haha. I agree. Their worst move was GBM. Now I practically have to buy new equipment for it. Plus, GBC games are not compatible with GBM. That console is a real bloodsucker, drained my pocket till its empty. Is it possible to trade pokemon from FR/LG into D/P?

You can't trade them, but you can transfer them (6 per day) into the Pal Park, where you get to play a rediculous minigame to 're-catch' them for your D/P.

so ive basically got to get firered and do kanto with hoenn pokemon? (unholy sinners!)

nintendo always has a tricky way of making you buy their new stuff... lol

The only conceivable way to get your Pokemon from R/B/Y/Gr or G/S/C to your R/S/E, Fr/Lg, or D/P would be entirely by hand. You'd have to find some kind of hacking hardware that would spell out all the stats (IVs, EVs, Shiny/Not Shiny, etc)* of each of your Pokemon, use some kind of another game hacking device (Such as Gameshark, or Action Replay) to set a blank spot in your PC to the exact standards of the Pokemon in your earlier version, and then just delete to originals. If you want to get technical, it would actually be a COPY rather than an original, but really that's up to you.
    * As of right now, I do not know of any such hardware. Possibly, the Brainboy from Pelican, but I don't remember.

Back