• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Reds team???

Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2015
    Did you think Reds team really lived up to the hype surrounding the character or do you think the team undermined his status of Pokemon league champion? it would be interesting to hear your guys thoughts.

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
    I always thought the team they gave him was quaint.

As you're battling him in GSC, you kind of relive what you did in RBY. That Eevee you were given manifested as an Espeon, the Snorlax you had to wake up, the Pikachu that never evolved, and of course the three starters - fully evolved. I mean, sure, they could have given him a supped up team of powerhouses, but I like what they did here better.

In short, it was cute and I always enjoy battling him.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
    The team they gave his was incredibly strong. And I mean incredibly strong. Albeit it may have not had the most interesting of Pokemon (stock standard starters, Pikachu etc), but it was definitely one hell of a challenge to take down. I'd say it was fitting for a trainer of his calibre.

Last edited:
    Back