• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Scripting Question] Region-Based Forms

Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2021
    Hello! Small problem I've been having.

I've created a Pokemon that changes forms and types depending on the region it's in. Because the game involves teleporting across vast distances, I use game switches to keep track of what region the player is in, and use those same switches to tell the Pokemon what form it should be in, using getForm.

For the most part, this works great! There's just one problem: When entering a new region, for the first battle this Pokemon enters, and the first battle only, it retains the form it had in the last region it was in. I tried to fix this by adding a getFormOnEnteringBattle section, which caused it to display the correct sprite, but moves still affected it as though it were the same type as the previous form.

This is minor but annoying. Is there a specific script I should add to Pokemon_Forms to get this to update correctly? Or is there a script call I can use within an event on entering a new region to update its form? I'm working in 18.1, if that matters.

Years
    It sounds like the Pokemon doesn't check your game switch until it is called into battle. Have you tried selecting the maps the Pokemon changes form on like Giratina?

Back