• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Region Starter Kit

Your opinion of the region map starter?

• Waste of time

Votes: 5 11.9%
  • Its okay

Votes: 5 11.9%
  • Yeah looks good

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • Looks Great, I cant wait

Votes: 24 57.1%

• Total voters
    Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2008
    Working on re-creating the pokemon regions including; towns, cities, routes, caves, insides etc... so far hoenn region has all the cities/towns and about 12 routes... started this project about 2 weeks ago, avaraging about 2 maps aday depending on how big/detailed... evergrade took AGES to do like 6hours or something. All maps are identical to emerald/ruby etc...Even had to make some custom chipsets to complete. When Hoenn is finished i will move onto the next... Dont know if anyones intrested in this just thought i would post about it.

screenshots inculded

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 17, 2010
    What a brilliant idea, I am currently setting my game in the "Silver and Gold" reigon and remaking it is a pain... your idea will help ALOT of people!

spike6958

TCG Collector
    Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 30, 2021
    i dont like the idea, mapping is the best part of making a game and if your too lazy to do it yourself you shouldn't be making a game

The Smell

Doof-Man
    Years
    i dont like the idea, mapping is the best part of making a game and if your too lazy to do it yourself you shouldn't be making a game

Well, mapping can be a pain! Look at all the time he spent on EverGrande! He at least deserves some gratitude.

I like it! This will help with my game too!

~Smell

mad.array

Eeveelutions... need more...
    Years
    I think this could be a brilliant idea. For the people who want to use the default areas (especially if they want more than one region) then this could be perfect for laying the groundwork so that you can get on with the story. It would also give people who want altered versions of old towns/new towns a base to see what's interesting and what adds character. If you don't like it then you needn't use it, but for those that do want to use it for reference or actually as their maps it's brilliant. Good job!

spike6958

TCG Collector
    Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 30, 2021
    Well, mapping can be a pain! Look at all the time he spent on EverGrande! He at least deserves some gratitude.

I like it! This will help with my game too!

~Smell

spoken like a true lazy bum, and 6 hours on one map might sound like a lot to you but in the game im making (which isn't posted yet havn't got enough done to make it worthwhile) i spent about 2 days perfecting ONE map, and besides when making a fan game it's better to make your own regions (like me) because we have all played through Kanto, Johto, Hoenn and Sinnoh, and want to travel somewhere new.

-BlackShadow-

Shadow King
    Years
    spoken like a true lazy bum, and 6 hours on one map might sound like a lot to you but in the game im making (which isn't posted yet havn't got enough done to make it worthwhile) i spent about 2 days perfecting ONE map, and besides when making a fan game it's better to make your own regions (like me) because we have all played through Kanto, Johto, Hoenn and Sinnoh, and want to travel somewhere new.

Just lay of of it. If you don't want to use it than don't.

I for one think it's a pretty good idea... not that I'll use it...

Years
    • Seen May 16, 2008
    Looks good so far, but please only do exterrior. Because i think the houses should be done by the guys who use this sk.
    By taking this kit and essentials it´s too easy to create a game. There will be to many noobish games too.. From 10 games there will be only 3 good games.

Thats my opinion ;)

Sry for my bad english iam german

Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2008

I agree 6hours ins't along time to create a map but 6hours just to copy i think is pretty long...and as for making your own regions, when im finished getting the original maps done i will make a new region for my game and i dont mind spending 2days on 1 map or whatever it takes becuase its being designed not copied. The starting map in my game will be my own map but i like to have the original regions so as you progress in the game you can travel and explore the full pokemon world.

Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2008
    Sounds good to me only thing is I can't imagen too many people volunteer to this project as its pretty time consuming i use advanced map to load the original game ruby/firered etc... because it has to be identical to the orginal...sqaure by square, willing to let some differences... but all has to be same moving space as the original game so... example in lillycove if you take 20 steps to the right and walk into a building... on this sk it will be the same...

Skeetendo Inc.

The REAL Pokémon Company
    Years
    Sounds like a good project. I (Pyro) have pretty much most of Kanto mapped in RMXP I think there a few more outside maps I need to finish + inside maps. I started this about a year ago but haven't touched it for a few months :P

Edit: After opening it these are the places I have done.

Towns/Cities
    Pallet Town
    Viridian City
    Pewter City
    Cerulean City
    Vermillion City
    Celadon City
    Lavender Town
    Saffron City
    Fuchsia City

Routes/Caves
    Route 1
    Route 2
    Route 3
    Route 4
    Route 5
    Route 6
    Route 7
    Route 8
    Route 9
    Route 10
    Route 11
    Route 12
    Route 13
    Viridian Forest
    Mt. Moon (God this took me forever XD)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2008
    Been getting alot of positive messages regarding this project...If anyone has any maps from the original regions and would like to contribute them to this project full credit will be given :)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2008
    Just opened a blog with a list of completed maps and news of updates
    stawmd.blogspot.com

|Maximus|

I'm back~
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2010
    You're doing events and everything? Wow, if you need help just PM me and I will be more than happy to help. ;)

spike6958

TCG Collector
    Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 30, 2021
    i have maps from Johto, from a game i started making along time ago back when i started making games and wanted a Johto remake, it is missing from Victory road onwards, however since i was kinda against this idea and people made unkind replys to my other two posts im not sure on sharing them, well PM and we can talk about me maybe giving the maps.

Shirayuki Mizore

Pokemon Raptor is STILL going?
    Years
    Your even doing events..If this comes out soon, you'll be god to me. XDD

Anyways, I can't wait! Will you have indoor maps (Your house, PokeMart/Center, etc)

phoenixprime88b5

From the ashes, I rise...
    Years
    Yes!!! Since I'm trying to make all the regions in my game, this would be a big help, if you decide to continue with this and release it, please do by all means, it will cut down on the progress time.

Back