• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Scripting Question] Regional Pokedex

Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2023
    I'm fairly new to pokemon essentials script making and I have a pretty simple question so forgive me if I sound new to this.

How (or where) do I go in the scripts to make it so that only Pokemon from a certain region show up in the game? (Kanto, Johto, Hoenn etc....)

For example right now I just want only Kanto Pokemon to be in the game. So that when I'm in a wild battle only the Kanto Pokemon would appear and only they would show up in the Pokedex and the other Pokemon from other regions do not show up. I looked through the Pokemon Essentials wiki under "multiple regions" but still could not make out how to do this.

Any help would be great.

Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2023
    By... only putting Kanto pokemon on the route encounters?

Not sure how to do regional dexes.

The thing is I don't want to have to modify each route encounter with only Kanto Pokemon. I would like to universally have only the region I want (kanto for example) Pokemon to appear. Maybe through a randomization script that picks them out or something. Dunno if its possible or not. ~_~

Edit: Actually all I want to do is lock out the other pokedexes so that only Kanto pokemon appear. I'm doing a randomizer and I don't want other pokemon to be there besides the Kanto region ones. So how would i go about locking out the other pokedexes? Sorry for the confusion. My head is scrambled right now lol.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2024
    I'm fairly new to pokemon essentials script making and I have a pretty simple question so forgive me if I sound new to this.

How (or where) do I go in the scripts to make it so that only Pokemon from a certain region show up in the game? (Kanto, Johto, Hoenn etc....)

For example right now I just want only Kanto Pokemon to be in the game. So that when I'm in a wild battle only the Kanto Pokemon would appear and only they would show up in the Pokedex and the other Pokemon from other regions do not show up. I looked through the Pokemon Essentials wiki under "multiple regions" but still could not make out how to do this.

Any help would be great.
    If you want complete evolution lines in your game you will need to include later-gen Pokémon that evolves from or will evolve into Gen-I Pokémon.

Back