• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Release Date Discussion [June 23 - Japan] [Q3 - Worldwide]

Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2013
    Do you think the 3rd game will come this year or the after? Why? Will you get it immediately when it comes out? Do you think it'll come out at all? Discuss!

Last edited by a moderator:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Okay so we don't have a third game speculation thread anymore, and instead we're breaking it up untl one discussion per thread, considering what the person has replied I'm editing out the other two parts and making this concentrate just on the release date, adding a few more relevant questions. Just next time try to have just one meaning per thread, okay?

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I think It'll come out this year in Japan, considering the third version usually comes out around around the time of the second movie of it's gen...plus it's going to be two years since BW came out this September for Japan.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Since this is the 10th Anniversary for Ruby and Sapphire, Next year or the year after. If they are keeping the 10 year thing the Third game can't come out this year or we'll have the Third and Remakes at the same time.

Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2013
    Since this is the 10th Anniversary for Ruby and Sapphire, Next year or the year after. If they are keeping the 10 year thing the Third game can't come out this year or we'll have the Third and Remakes at the same time.
    Well if they are planing releasing grey and R/S remakes at the same year, they will probably reveal the remakes early this year , Emerald was announced 2 months before it's release, Maybe they will reveal R/S remakes this month or march.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2013
    I've got theory about this:
    Third game is very likley to be released this September, basing on anime episodes.
    We know that there are two different Opelucid City versions in Black and White. In third game there must be third version of this city, and one gym leader (maybe two of them at the same time).
    The thing is new Opelucid and it's gym leader should be revealed first in third game and then in anime. It's the same like Juan was revealed first in Emerald and then in anime.
    Since Ash will already have 6 badges very soon, he must get to Opelucid in this year, after release of third game.

I guess Hoenn wouldn't back in anime anymore, so R/S remakes might be released in this year before third version or in the beginning of 2013 because 5 gen anime is likely to end in 2013 meaning next gen of games in 2013.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2013
    I guess Hoenn wouldn't back in anime anymore, so R/S remakes might be released in this year before third version or in the beginning of 2013 because 5 gen anime is likely to end in 2013 meaning next gen of games in 2013.
    The next gen of games will be in 2014 not 2013, they make new generation every 4 years
    also even if they finish the unova saga in the anime, they will probably do a season like the battle frontier in the advanced generation.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Considering how quick they are going they proably will make a BF like arc, maybe the Unova frontier in Hoenn?
    On topic: I also don't think this gen will be over until 2013 and start the of gen VI is 2014 for japan and 2015 for the rest of the world. The third version's release might also feature a Keldeo event like BW did with Victini. It can serve reference to the Kyurem and the Muskeeter movie...

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Considering how quick they are going they proably will make a BF like arc, maybe the Unova frontier in Hoenn?
    On topic: I also don't think this gen will be over until 2013 and start the of gen VI is 2014 for japan and 2015 for the rest of the world. The third version's release might also feature a Keldeo event like BW did with Victini. It can serve reference to the Kyurem and the Muskeeter movie...

Cept Keldeo download is pretty much going to happen with the Musketeer's movie if its in it.

Also, while at work I saw that we were supposed to be getting a Wifi Download later this year. Corporate said it was an dated Promotion for Pokemon Black and White. There is something coming. My money is on Keldeo.

As for where the Anime is going, I can see a side arc during the main story after Opelucid City with Ash and Co. visiting the other half of Unova before the League. Like the Whirl Islands arc in Johto.

WishCookie

ヽ(*・ω・)ノNo berries for you!
    Years
  • Uhm, I think that the third game will be released as usual? We're waiting two years untill japan realese it in Europe/America. This year in japan and next year in the other regions and after that the R/S remakes will be released in year 2014 in Europe/America and after that we got a new generation.

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2013
    Even if there would be extra season based on Unova's BF and would be going until 2014, I still think it wouldn't be connected to Hoenn, because Unova is on different continent. What I mean is R/S remakes would be "anime independent", meaning their release anytime, kinda like FR/LG.

Anyway, that theory about third game and Opelucid in anime is pretty possible, don't you think?

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • I think if a release date hasn't been released by now, then the hopes for it coming out this year are very slim. I'd say next year - they can't leave it too long or nobody will care by the time it comes out lol. I will get it on its release date, as I do all Pokemon games... but I'm not really all that excited for it. I'm far more excited about the RSE Remakes, whenever they're happening. I'm kind of just looking forward to Pokemon Grey getting out of the way so that we can move onto the RSE Remakes :P

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Feb 1, 2016
    I think it's coming end of this year in Japan. But I don't care about 3rd game because I'm waiting for R/S/E remakes but it is going to be interesting anyway.

Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2013
    Anyway, that theory about third game and Opelucid in anime is pretty possible, don't you think?
    Unless there won't be a new Gym leader in Opelucid, but I hope there will be.
    If Kuyrem's new form doesn't appear this month, maybe R/S remakes would be first to come.

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2013
    If Kuyrem's new form doesn't appear this month, maybe R/S remakes would be first to come.

I didn't exactly mean new gym leader in Opelucid. I meant the whole style of this city. It's obvious that both Black's and White's versions of Opelucid can't appear in anime at the same time. There must be third version of Opelucid introduced in third game and later in anime. And because B/W anime goes so fast it all is very likely to happen in this year, meaning third version in this year too.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • I've got theory about this:
    Third game is very likley to be released this September, basing on anime episodes.
    We know that there are two different Opelucid City versions in Black and White. In third game there must be third version of this city, and one gym leader (maybe two of them at the same time).
    The thing is new Opelucid and it's gym leader should be revealed first in third game and then in anime. It's the same like Juan was revealed first in Emerald and then in anime.
    Since Ash will already have 6 badges very soon, he must get to Opelucid in this year, after release of third game.

The writers can easily plug in a bunch of things to do between now and then, although it's doubtful due to the pacing we are at right now.

If they want Hoenn back they can certainly write it back in if they wish like they did with Kanto Battle Frontier. Dawn is there so they may meet up with her. Although I think they may explore East Unova for a good deal of time.

As for the actually game whether it's the Third Game or RS Remake I have a feeling it will be released this year. I just think they should probably start coverage around March, April, May.

Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2021

This is what Im thinking.

New formes/pokemon are almost always revealed in February, and it's pretty much a guarantee Keldeo will be announced in Coro Coro this month, so if they reveal Kyurem's new forme along with it then it's pretty much certain Gray will be coming out this year. If we don't get a new Kyurem forme revealed, it'll start making me think the R/S remakes would be released this year.

I'd rather have the RS remakes released this year, and then Gray released the year after.

Years
    • Seen Feb 15, 2012
    I hope it does just because there a chance of it being 3D :P

Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2013
    Well I think it would be released in 17-18 September so it would be 2 year anniversary
    for B/W if they keep the same pattern, am I the only one who wants R/S remakes to come after?...

Back