• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Remakes...?

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
  • Eventually, all of the pokemon games will need a remake in 3D models. The 3D graphics would really make the game a different experience. However, by the time that happens, I would like to abandon the idea of 'remakes'. Just because a game is set in Hoenn that doesn't mean that it MUST be a remake of RSE. Why can't we have original games set in old regions?

BW2 might be the start of this trend. (without the awesome 3D part... yet)

Plasmette

Master of Mediocrity.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 12, 2013
    Eventually, all of the pokemon games will need a remake in 3D models. The 3D graphics would really make the game a different experience. However, by the time that happens, I would like to abandon the idea of 'remakes'. Just because a game is set in Hoenn that doesn't mean that it MUST be a remake of RSE. Why can't we have original games set in old regions?

BW2 might be the start of this trend. (without the awesome 3D part... yet)

Agreed. Take Kanto and GOld and Silver for example. You're in Kanto, but have a different goal as opposed to doing the same crap in the first game. Its not much of a plot...but its still diffrent.

As for B/W remakes. I think the remakes will have to halt at some point. I don't think they can remake D/P, mainly because everything is already a 3d model. Sure, the graphics in B/W are a BIG step up, but everything is still 3d. (With the exception of the characters and NPC's)

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I don't think that the games themselves eliminate the possiblity of remakes, though they do make it difficult for them story plot wise when the time to remake comes should it ever...it'll be interesting to see them remake all four, because they would need to add a whole lot (there's nothing to drain from a third version unlike generations 1-4 remakes) if not they would be the same as the originals...
    I guess they could do double save file and that way make the remakes (one for White and other for White 2,ect.)

Years
  • Well it's possible that if whatever console is around by the time remaking these games becomes a possibility, they might have the ability to take the core plots of both games, combine them and just use the better aspects of both games to fill it out.

Years
  • Should there really be a continuation/remake of Black/White in same Generation?

I do not think there should be a continuation/remake of Black/White, that is not yet. My primary reason for this is as follows:
    In every example so far, any remakes/continuations would be 2 Generations after the original; in other words, there would be a generation between them. For example: a -> b -> A, where "a" is the original, and "A" is the remake. This can be seen with Red/Green -> FireRed/LeafGreen as well as Gold/Silver -> HeartGold/SoulSilver; in all of those there is a Generation in-between. (Note: the Stadium series does not follow this. However, the Stadium series is not part of the core of the main games, just a a main games. Box Ruby and Sapphire also breaks this, being only one Generation away; but it too is not part of the core of the main series. {Non-core main games are Stadium, Stadium 2, Colosseum, Box Ruby and Sapphire, XD, Battle Revolution, My Pokemon Ranch.}) Black 2/White 2 violate this, being not 2 Generations away, but even in the same.
    Rather they should go with either a Hoenn remake/continuation or a new region again.
    Your thoughts?

P.S. It won't effect me much, seeing as all I have is Fire Red :P

Last edited:

Killjoy

"He was a laser fish."
    Years
  • Well if it is a true sequel, then it's not really a remake at all. They're just continuing the story. It sounds like the differences between BW and BW2 are going to exceed that one H/S vs HG/SS.

Years
  • Black and White 2 are sequels, not remakes. Black and White started to show an effort at making a story within the Pokemon series. The next game will most likely be based around N again, but in a new region. I think it's a great idea to make a sequel, it's something new and fresh. Unlike making a "pokemon grey" which is pretty much the same as Black/White but with minor updates and tweaks. I am honestly glad they made a White/Black 2. I don't want a brand new generation or a remake of Ruby until Pokemon is ported to 3ds.

Years
  • I'm not saying there is anything wrong with seuals/continuations instead of remakes. It's a brilliant idea really. But I'm just saying that it should still be in Generation 7, to keep the pattern and allow other games in Generation 5, which would come with several benifits such as trading and battleing against Pokemon of diifferent regions instead of the same.

KingCyndaquil

Pokemon Master
    Years
  • I'm not saying there is anything wrong with seuals/continuations instead of remakes. It's a brilliant idea really. But I'm just saying that it should still be in Generation 7, to keep the pattern and allow other games in Generation 5, which would come with several benifits such as trading and battleing against Pokemon of diifferent regions instead of the same.

*Generation 6

and yes, I think so, i don't think its a good idea to wait two games later to make a sequel, especially if the game came out almost 2 in a half years ago O.o

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
    Years
  • We don't know what BW2 will be. if we go to all the same places, in the same order, i would agree, but we will have to wait and see.
    :15:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I do not think there should be a continuation/remake of Black/White, that is not yet. My primary reason for this is as follows:
    In every example so far, any remakes/continuations would be 2 Generations after the original; in other words, there would be a generation between them. For example: a -> b -> A, where "a" is the original, and "A" is the remake. This can be seen with Red/Green -> FireRed/LeafGreen as well as Gold/Silver -> HeartGold/SoulSilver; in all of those there is a Generation in-between. (Note: the Stadium series does not follow this. However, the Stadium series is not part of the core of the main games, just a a main games. Box Ruby and Sapphire also breaks this, being only one Generation away; but it too is not part of the core of the main series. {Non-core main games are Stadium, Stadium 2, Colosseum, Box Ruby and Sapphire, XD, Battle Revolution, My Pokemon Ranch.}) Black 2/White 2 violate this, being not 2 Generations away, but even in the same.
    Rather they should go with either a Hoenn remake/continuation or a new region again.
    Your thoughts?

P.S. It won't effect me much, seeing as all I have is Fire Red :P

While these games aren't remakes, I feel that from your point of view, it'd be beneficial to be merged to the thread covering remakes - since I forgot to include the aspect of discussion "can the sequels be considered remakes in the normal pattern - and thus also eliminate the eventual remakes possibility", sooo continue discussing here if you'd like. :)

Years
    • Seen Nov 3, 2016
    Well, I think now we can safely assume BW2 are sequels. Anyway, I think it is actually possible that they remake both pairs of games on the same cartridge, giving the player the option to choose which game to play on the menu. That is if Game Freak are willing to put in the effort, of course.

PaxAmericana

Resident Peacekeeper
    Years
  • Mabye we will get a remake on the 4DS or 5DS or 6DS or whatever in like 2021

Slow down there with the _DS thing. I could understand 4DS maybe, with a new 4th dimension! Well, probably not on the 4D deal, that would be a little much.

3DS was named for, yours truly: 3D playing.

Back