• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Remapped FireRed

Years
    • Seen Aug 7, 2016
    Sorry for any english mistakes.

I'm kind of learning on the go. I am way to inexperienced to make a hack on my own. Yet alone learn to script and all the things that comes with the toolbox. I have decided to Re-map FireRed to my liking and i was wondering if anyone would be interested to play my "hack" when i am done. (i might also add over 350 pokemons)

Here is a screen shot of pallet town and route 1 without the thunderstorm weather (which explains the puddles) and without the pokemon sprites in Oak's garden. Didn't find a way to make them appear unless i am in game.

https://imgur.com/a/KRG6B

Feel free to pm me for more information. Or if you just wanna chat.
    Thank you for reading, have a nice day.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
    I feel like I should warn you here: remaps of Firered are incredibly common. I could probably go find 10 or so of them across Progressing Hacks and the Beginner's Lounge. I'm not telling you not to do it, but you'll need to do a lot of work to differentiate your hack from the group, and the "adding 350 pokemons", when there are hacks that add all up to Gen VI, probably won't cut it. Nor is it an incredibly good way of learning new things - your mapping won't improve much by just remaking areas, and your scripting and other skills won't improve at all.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 10, 2017
    Well, if you are changing the game to your liking and not aiming at creating a romhack specifically for other people, then I think it's a fine place to start.

I started by doing a similar thing with Crystal, improving the problems and remixing it. It's enjoyable and will give you some experience.

You won't improve a great deal from doing it this way, but you can get to grips with some of the basics, at least. Especially if you try and experiment as much as possible with different things.

I'm working on a hack at the moment, so I can't promise you that I'd be able to sink too much time into it, but I'd be happy to give it a shot and let you know if I find out any bugs or anything.

Good luck!

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
    Years
    I don't see any reason why you shouldn't do it, will probably really help you with grasping scripting if you're going to be adapting the scripts to new map positions. Sounds like a really helpful way to evolve as a ROM Hacker to me.

Years
    • Seen Aug 7, 2016
    Thank you all for your replies. I'll keep on remapping while learning more about AdvanceMap and XSE. I am curretely watching these tutorials (just finished #3) https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=369646 .

I didn't want to aim too high for my first hack and have my motivation crashed by the huge amount of work needed. but @Rainbow abd @SpanishAdam have a fair point, i'll try to aim for a bit more than remapping. Thank you @Stormzy for making my motivation go up.

PS: @SpanishAdam if you ever need help with your hack feel free to ask me. I can't do much but i'll do my best.

Back