• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rep System in RPG Maker XP

Zerro

Dreamer
    Years
    I started fooling around, and ended up making a very simple yet effective Rep System.

Start off by making a variable, named Rep(Could be called James Brown for all the program cares) and set it to 0. This is where all your Rep will be stored. This next step will change for differnt games, and styles,it all is pending on how you wish to distribute your Rep points. Say your at the end of a battle with a trainer, make a conditinal branch, to where if you win the battle you add a set amount of points to your Rep using the control varibles command. You could also do somthing like this. After completing a quest Rep is added. There are countless ways to do this. To make the NPC appear as if they notice you getting more popular, you will have to set a conditnal branch for exampe
    If (REP is less than or equal to 5)
    Show Text "I'm not allowed to talk to strangers"
    Else
    If (REP is 6)
    Show text "I know you Hero"
    Thats basicly is how it works.

If you edit it in any way and make it better, please let me know Im still learning and whiped this up on my own.

Blaziken_Boy

Back for now
    Years
    Yay!

Now I can work on a Fable clone!
    (it works on the other RPG Makers,too)
    You should fool around more to learn how to make an Arena with enemies
    that become stronger the more renown you have.

Last edited:
    Back