• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Replacing battery in Gold Cartridge

Years
    Has anyone here ever replaced their g/s/c game cartridge because it can no longer save games??
    Is it ok to use something like scissors to but off the tabs to get the old battery out instead of unsoldering it? Is it ok to super glue the tabs back onto the new battery?? How much longer can a CR2032 battery last compared to a CR2025??

Thanks, Pokevesh

Years
    Yeah I've seen a tutorial on youtube and also another written one which many people recommend to look at. From pokemasters forum.
    That link you put up shows nothing about soldering, infact don't even have to take the tabs out of the circuit board at all just off the battery!
    Yeah but if anyone has doen this before would be great to know :D

Swift!

The Swiftiest
    Years
    Yeah...
    But, if that tutorial is saying you can replace the battery without soldering or anything like that, why don't you follow it?

Years
    Just wanna know if anyone here has replaced the battery and how they did it. The only proof I've seen of the game saving again was the soldering way on youtube

Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2009
    a friend of mine replaced my silver one with a watch battery i think...

works fine now haha. ill ask him how he did it

Back