• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] Replacing Deoxys with Mew

Years
    • Seen Aug 6, 2016
    Hey everyone! Working on my very first rom hack of Fire Red and need some help with a scripting challenge. I want to implement Mew in the game by replacing Deoxys on Birth Island. Can anyone give me some advice on how to go about doing that?

BluRose

blu rass
    Years
  • so um
    if you click on "Show Sprites" in advancemap (the brendan sprite in the top bar), you'll see that there is actually an "invisible" overworld in the top of the northernmost tree
    it's pic is currently 240, which places it in a dynamic ow section thing in the ow table
    this makes it a little weird, you probably should be able to just change it to mew (140) and then make it have the hidden movement and it should be fine overworld-wise.
    inside the script, one can just replace every occurence of "0x19A" (Deoxys' index) with whatever Mew's index is (0x97, I think ahahaha). this takes care of the battle and the cry that is played

but yeah this all works perfectly fine

it might also be in your interest to go to address 1D402 in a Hex Editor and change the "97" to "00" so that the mew will actually obey you
    also go to 1D3F0 and change the first 4 bytes there to simply 00 00 00 00
    this makes the deoxys obey, but that might not be a thing that you really care about ahaha

good luck m8~

Last edited:
    Back