• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Republic of Georgia in War Against Russia

.Vaporeon

eshkient
    Years
    Well they are the largest country in the world.....So, yea=D you would think they would be rich,i guess...Imagine all of the tax money the countries leaders would get? You got rubels? (Russian Federation Money)
    Oh and the only reason why i called it the "Russian Federation" is because on the maps it says that because it is so big XD
    Anyways,yes,i agree that might come soon..
    *in head saying"NNNOOOOO"*

TLM

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2011
    I think everyone who feels this way should do themselves a favor by taking 5 min out of their time to read this article here

I agree completely. One of the main reasons that the conflict has such poor coverage is biased presentation of foriegn media (including Russia, but notably US).
    The Western relationship with Russia still sees it as some sort of militant Communist superpower that hasn't changed since Stalins time, bullying a smaller country- reminiscent of Nazi Germany's invasion of Poland. On this thread it's clear how opinions are made on this ignorant bias; "Georgia claims to have downed four Russian planes though, good for them,""Russia is extending its influence", "Russia to Nuke Poland" (and referencing The Sun is hardly reliable), the person above me blaming Russias quest for oil... seriously wtf - why is no one doing any proper research here?

Rarely in this thread, can I see anyone criticising Georgia- ironic since they started it. I don't approve of any form of conflict, but casualties are really unavoidable. Georgia's humiliating defeat has come about of it's own actions.

I think it's pointless that they were fighting over the Oil there,like comeon,it's just Oil and yes it's expensive but don't go to war over it.
    SERIOUSLY WTF. No one is fighting over oil- where the hell did you even get this idea from? There isn't any oil sourced in Georgia anyway. Do some real research before bringing in biased opinions.

A war over Oil? I saw this coming.
    Yeah I bet you saw it coming miles off. Shame it has nothing to do with oil.

Water is more expensive and I can see a war over water coming soon. This will probably lead to a massive outbreak and pollution problems
    Quote of the day? =D
    Now are you a clever troll or just being stupid? The earth is refferred to as the 'blue planet' for a reason, typically because of the 70% water on the surface. Also it rains- that's when the little droplet things fall from the sky. LOLOLOLOL

Besides Russia is a pretty rich country (I think) So they shouldn't need to go to war over it!
    1) Russia never started the war.
    2) They didn't join to get oil.

Last edited:

Gunn

horror resident
    Years
    seriously wtf - why is no one doing any proper research here?
    You got me. This thread has gotten stupider from the last time I checked. There's no point in rebutting if people are going to be ignorant about the war.
    Water is more expensive and I can see a war over water coming soon.
    Please tell me that you were kidding; if you were, you should have said dihydrogen monoxide. It would be funnier.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    hah! My country says lies - whats else? But... where is ben Laden, a? why he is still not killed like Saddam? Maybe weapons of mass destruction already found in Iraq? Russia found and remove all dangers, not like USA - begin war and not have any idea for what))))
    Indeed the USA does run into wars with its head stuck out that little bit too far, but let's not be changing the subject to the Iraq War now.

Plus,you would think Georgia or Russia would alert the rest of the Soviet Union first...
    The Soviet Union does not exist anymore.

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
    Quote of the day? =D
    Now are you a clever troll or just being stupid? The earth is refferred to as the 'blue planet' for a reason, typically because of the 70% water on the surface. Also it rains- that's when the little droplet things fall from the sky. LOLOLOLOL

Well you do realize that only 3% of the worlds water is usable, and only 1% is actually drinkable? Maybe you should do some research as well!

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
    Well you do realize that only 3% of the worlds water is usable, and only 1% is actually drinkable? Maybe you should do some research as well!

All water could be usable and drinkable with sufficient treatment -____-
    Water is just another substance, after all.

/Circa

a face in the clouds.
    Years
    I love Russia, people don't get how politically right they always are.
    In the start, Georgia was trying to limit the amount of Russians or something in Georgia, thats why Russia started the bombing and war. Then in comes mr Goerge Big Fat A** Bush saying to create peace and Russia smacks him with the best comeback ever: "I don't listen to people who bomb Belgrade".

(For those who don't know, Belgrade is the capital of Serbia which NATO forces bombed, and we won in the end anyway -.-)

I'm always going to be on Russia's side because of what they did for Serbia. :)

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2011
    You got me. This thread has gotten stupider from the last time I checked. There's no point in rebutting if people are going to be ignorant about the war.
    I swear this is the one of the only sensible comments on this page.

That is obvious, but some people are too thick to realize this! So the sign lied to me?

That's right... some people are clearly too thick - that sign lied fo' sho'.

How is going to war over water even possible? Yeah, I can really see America invading Mexico to plunder their lakes lol.
    Regardless of amounts of freshwater on a surface, it's not going to run out. Unlike oil formation this can be done in a matter of hours under conditions with such a large amount of water present.
    The water cycle (that's when oceans evaporate, turn to big fluffy clouds and precipitate) provide a virtually constant supply of useable water. Once you use water it doesn't just disappear from existance. =\

Or if you still think water is more expensive than oil, take 2 buckets to a gas station and ask them to fill them both up with water and petrol. Find out what's cheaper...and then have a long hard think.

Yes it does...... It said that in the news T_T

TLM
    The USSR/Soviet Union stopped existing from 1991. Some news you watch.

In the start, Georgia was trying to limit the amount of Russians or something in Georgia, thats why Russia started the bombing and war
    Wtf- that's not how it started at all. Research first, opinions later. Do it.

Last edited:

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
    Jaimes, I don't mean expensive in prices, I mean more needed. Water is the most needed thing in the planet, without Water we die....without oil we can't drive a car? Big deal....

Years
    Indeed the USA does run into wars with its head stuck out that little bit too far, but let's not be changing the subject to the Iraq War now.

Not of cource, it's just example of foreign policy)

A war over Oil? I saw this coming. Oil is expenisive but that doesn't mean people should die for it. Water is more expensive and I can see a war over water coming soon. This will probably lead to a massive outbreak and pollution problems. Besides Russia is a pretty rich country (I think) So they shouldn't need to go to war over it!

See top of post - whats war for water? what you say?)))) As someone told earler - we have some water resourses, but... you want drink all water from lake of Baikal? Will not your face cracked?)))

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2011
    Why are you guys talking about Dihydrogen Monoxide? I thought this was a thread for the crisis in Georgia?

Evidently no-one here actually pays attention to the news, so alternatively make up BS vaguely surrounding the subject to form conversation.

Though *Dark*Master, if you seriously reckon the next war is going to be about water, please please please please create a new thread about it. It would be hilarious.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Jaimes, I don't mean expensive in prices, I mean more needed. Water is the most needed thing in the planet, without Water we die....without oil we can't drive a car? Big deal....
    THEN WHY SAY IT'S MORE EXPENSIVE

Indeed.
    Oh and it may be more needed, but oil is currently in greater demand (since we know we won't run out of water).

Hey, point of curiosity here, anyone know what rifles the Russian soldiers are using for this? I'm guessing AK-74 or AK-107/8.

.Vaporeon

eshkient
    Years
    Well,actualy,water is a big need in Australia. Our biggest river 'Murray Darling River' is starting to dry up and we actually need more water.Also other rivers and such are drying here aswell.

TLM

Years
    THEN WHY SAY IT'S MORE EXPENSIVE

Indeed.
    Oh and it may be more needed, but oil is currently in greater demand (since we know we won't run out of water).

Hey, point of curiosity here, anyone know what rifles the Russian soldiers are using for this? I'm guessing AK-74 or AK-107/8.

No... it's still AK47... AK-74 was accepted for our army in 1991, but rearming is too slow... AK 74 - begginer of AK 100 series, I was very surprising, that АК101 complitable with M 16 bullets, i have no idea why) Also, AK47 is some difficult for use, so, if you need power of AK 47 and comfort, and some money, of cource))) AN 94 - your choice)

See photo from South Ossetia conflict - there our soldier with AK47

.Vaporeon

eshkient
    Years
    Yea,i dont know why they are using that weapon.There are more weapons that are better than that,i wonder if the soldiers use the 'Dragon Skin' Body armour though..

TLM

Back