• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Reputable Sellers?

Years
    • Seen Nov 1, 2013
    I've lost my Emerald years ago. Unfortunately, I think I may have misplaced it in a rental car and some punk is probably playing with it now :( I've been playing the game on an emulator, but I honestly want a real legit copy of the thing, so I've been browsing some websites quite a bit. Problem is, a majority of the cartridges sold are bootlegged versions of the game. On top of that, the ones that do look legit often seem to be sold by shady sellers (They don't post too much information about the product and they only have one snapshot of the cartridge).

I'm waiting for my paycheck to come sometime in the next two weeks, so I wont mind spending some major dough for a real copy. Anywhere from $30-$50 would be a good price range. What I'm asking is, are there any reputable sellers or sites I can get a real copy from? If there are any potential sellers on thsi site, that'd be great as well. Thank you!

@mpharock

...Because Ampharos Rocks !
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Nov 20, 2013
    have you tried Ebay and Amazon ?
    i have been using them both for over a decade and have only been let down once on Ebay and never on Amazon if you haven't tried looking there then that might be a good place to start and if have then i would also suggest keeping an eye on both of them just in case a copy does go up for sale, hope this helps :)
    ~Ampharock~

Years
    • Seen Nov 1, 2013
    I've done a little looking on eBay, but I'm a bit skeptical, plus there are only 25 items up for sale and a lot of them are obvious fakes. Amazon is a no-go for me and craigslist...I dont trust craigslist lol But thanks

@mpharock

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Nov 20, 2013
    I did a little looking online this seller looks fine great record and based on the average price i doubt you will get one much cheaper :)

ebay.co.uk/itm/Pokemon-Emerald-Gba-
    Game-Cart-Only-/161134248177?pt=UK_PC_Video_Games
    _Video_Games_JS&hash=item25845980f1

to make the link work just add w w w at the start and remove the 2 spaces i added to break the link i have to post so much before i can post links lol

Years
    • Seen Nov 1, 2013
    Really appreciate your efforts! I'm afraid that's a fake though. I'm not as worried about the price as I am about the authenticity.

@mpharock

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Nov 20, 2013
    ah that is a shame best keep looking online you are bound to find a copy you will be willing to pay for i just named the 2 sites i get most things i buy from but good luck :)

Years
    • Seen Nov 1, 2013
    I found a couple that seem legit, but I'm asking the sellers if they can post more pictures so that I can quell my skepticism. Sad world we live in, I really do miss my Emerald lol

@mpharock

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Nov 20, 2013
    I can relate i played it on a emulator but like you said it just isn't the same as playing it on a console and the Ruby version (which i own) is the version i have played the most loved it :)

Krio

Stoked For Pokemon PR!
    Years
  • Try this site called pokedit. I promise you they sell 100% genuine products but the game is used and it's unlocked so you have "All 386 Pokemon, All Items, a Full PokeDex, and more are included. The game has everything you need to become a true Pokemon Master. The file is saved near the very beginning of the adventure, so you'll be able to play through the entire story!" "You'll have the maximum amount of all Berries and all standard items. We've included a little trick that let's you have infinite Poke Balls and TMs. Just don't sell any from the stack and you'll never run out. This is an Emerald only trick. Enjoy!" "Real Eon Ticket, Mystic Ticket, Aurora Ticket, and Old Sea Chart included." so it's up to you.

Years
    • Seen Nov 1, 2013
    Hmmm...that often raises a red flag for me. Ill check the website, but Im still remaining cautious about it, thanks.

Back