• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request a Moveset / Simple Q&A / Breeding Questions

S+M staff are great

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Maybe

• Total voters
Years
  • The Eviolite would work on Scyther, right?

I'm thinking of using it in my 4v4 doubles rain team. While it seems like a strange item for a Scyther, it has base 80 defenses. Combined with the rain taking away its fire weakness, Scyther can help counter the weaknesses of other team members (1/4 Grass resist, Ground immunity) as well be a physical sweeper on the team.

Yay/nay?

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • The Eviolite would work on Scyther, right?

I'm thinking of using it in my 4v4 doubles rain team. While it seems like a strange item for a Scyther, it has base 80 defenses. Combined with the rain taking away its fire weakness, Scyther can help counter the weaknesses of other team members (1/4 Grass resist, Ground immunity) as well be a physical sweeper on the team.

Yay/nay?

I'd got for Nay. |: I've heard about people using Eviolite Scyther, and it doesn't work out. Besides, it still has a huge x4 weakness to Rock moves + Stealth rock, Flying moves still take it down along with Electric and Ice moves. To many weaknesses.

Is there any viable moveset to use with Stunfisk in NU Metagame? If yes, I can't find any but I really like the herp a derp fish :D

Stunfisk @Leftovers
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 6 SDef
    Bold Nature
    Ability: Sand Veil/Static
    -Discharge
    -Toxic
    -Earth Power/Protect
    -Pain Split

It was posted a page back. |:

Years
  • I'd got for Nay. |: I've heard about people using Eviolite Scyther, and it doesn't work out. Besides, it still has a huge x4 weakness to Rock moves + Stealth rock, Flying moves still take it down along with Electric and Ice moves. To many weaknesses.

However, Stealth Rocks aren't generally a problem with 4v4 doubles. But point taken.

Perriechu

Years
  • what is a good moveset for whimsicott? also, what evs should I focus on?

Whimsicott @ Leftovers
    Trait: Prankster
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 6 SpD
    Bold Nature (+Def, - SAtk)
    - Leech Seed
    - Substitute
    - Encore / Taunt
    - Stun Spore / Toxic

There you go, enjoy.

.Aero

Tell Me I'm A Screwed Up Mess
    Years
  • Request a Moveset / Simple Q&A / Breeding Questions

Whimsicott@Leftovers
    Bold Nature [+Def; -SpA]
    Ability: Prankster
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
    - Encore
    - Leech Seed
    - Substitute / U-Turn
    - Stun Spore / Taunt

This is Whimsicott's only viable set. With Leech Seed and Sub, you can basically stall any pokemon not named Reuniclus or Mamoswine out of their health. With taunt and encore, you can stop Reuniclus, and U-Turn has the merits of having an attacking move in the event that you get priority taunted (see Thundurus).

Edit: Got sniped, but our sets are a bit different, pick your poison I guess. xD

Jolteon*

Super Boss Trainer
    Years
  • Can somebody help me with Hydreigon. Is this a good moveset?
    Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf
    Nature: Modest
    EVs: HP 4 / Sp. Atk 252/ Speed 252
    Moves: Surf, Focus Blast, Dragon Pulse, and Dark Pulse

BTW its for doubles

.Aero

Years

Hydreigon@Choice Scarf
    Timid Nature [+Spe; -Atk]
    Ability: Levitate
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
    - Draco Meteor
    - Focus Blast
    - Fire Blast
    - U-Turn

This set is preferred with Choice Scarf. U-Turn allows for scouting for switch-ins. Draco Meteor is a superior STAB move to use, as you will be switching out often with the choice item anyway, so why not hit harder? Focus Blast and Fire Blast provide nice coverage on everything else. Just we wary of Focus Blast's horrid accuracy and don't try and rely on it too terribly much. Also not many people play doubles, so finding a doubles specific set/strategy will be extremely difficult to come by. I guess Surf could work in conjunction with, say, Jellicent and his Water Absorb. Go for whatever works for you. :]

Jolteon*

Super Boss Trainer
    Years

Hydreigon@Choice Scarf
    Timid Nature [+Spe; -Atk]
    Ability: Levitate
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
    - Draco Meteor
    - Focus Blast
    - Fire Blast
    - U-Turn

This set is preferred with Choice Scarf. U-Turn allows for scouting for switch-ins. Draco Meteor is a superior STAB move to use, as you will be switching out often with the choice item anyway, so why not hit harder? Focus Blast and Fire Blast provide nice coverage on everything else. Just we wary of Focus Blast's horrid accuracy and don't try and rely on it too terribly much. Also not many people play doubles, so finding a doubles specific set/strategy will be extremely difficult to come by. I guess Surf could work in conjunction with, say, Jellicent and his Water Absorb. Go for whatever works for you. :]
    Thanks man...I was considering timid but does it really make much of a difference...As of right now it has not attacked second escept after my volcarona uses quiver dance or my gyarados uses dragon dance

.Aero

Years
  • With Timid you outspeed +1 Volcarona, Adamant Salamence, Flygon, Jirachi, Haxorus (and some others), ScarfChomp (when using he uses Adamant), and Scarfed Latios. Highly important in most situations.

Arlen

I heart ROBOT
    Years
  • I'm training a Flygon, forgot what nature it has but I think the stats might give you a hand (they were lying around somewhere).

HP 272 4
    DEF 154
    ATK 258
    SP ATK 167 252
    SP DEF 168
    SPEED 231 252

Did I make the right choice as far as EV training goes, or should I have trained a more Special Attack orientated Flygon? Moveset and item aren't really important at the moment, but he's supposed to be one of my offensive Pokemon. (DD will be in there somewhere)

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    I'm training a Flygon, forgot what nature it has but I think the stats might give you a hand (they were lying around somewhere).

HP 272 4
    DEF 154
    ATK 258
    SP ATK 167 252
    SP DEF 168
    SPEED 231 252

Did I make the right choice as far as EV training goes, or should I have trained a more Special Attack orientated Flygon? Moveset and item aren't really important at the moment, but he's supposed to be one of my offensive Pokemon. (DD will be in there somewhere)

a) Flygon doesn't learn DD
    b) Garchomp outclasses Flygon 100% unless you're abusing levitate or U-turn which is moveset dependant
    c) Flygon wants it in Attack, not Special Attack.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2012
    there was a thread in B/W about what's banned as far as species, moves, abilities, and items. someone said that Blaziken was among the banned pokemon, why? BTW a moderator linked all inquiries to this thread

This generation gave Blaziken speed boost which allowed it to pretty much gain "double dance" while only taking one turn of damage (protect, swords dance). Then, bulky waters lose to Hi Jump Kick which got boosted to 130 base power this generation.

Perriechu

Years
  • What is the best moveset and EVs for a Lapras?

Well it depends on the style you want.

Rest/Hydration curse abuse?

Lapras @Leftovers
    EVs: 252 HP / 6 Atk / 252 SDef
    Careful Nature
    Ability: Hydration
    -Waterfall
    -Ice Shard
    -Curse
    -Rest

Sweeping Rest/Hydration dragon dance abuse?

Lapras @Leftovers/Life Orb
    EVs: 252 Atk / 80 Def / 176 Spd
    Adamant Nature
    Ability: Hydration
    -Waterfall
    -Return
    -Dragon Dance
    -Rest

Water switch-in special attacker?

Lapras @Leftovers
    EVs: 188 HP / 124 Def / 196 SAtk
    Modest Nature