• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request a Moveset / Simple Q&A / Breeding Questions

S+M staff are great

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Maybe

• Total voters

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    Excadrill with sand rush

adamant or jolly?
    ev
    252 atk
    252 spe
    4 in Hp

moveset

protect
    earthquake
    rockslide
    x-scissor/ poison jab.(not sure)

its for a doubles team where ferrothorn sets up sandstorm.
    or could i do a better set?
    i would like to know what you think?

Adding to what D_A said, run Swords Dance > Protect and X-Scissor or Return for the fourth slot. X-Scissor lets you maul Virizion and Breloom where Return lets you kill Landorus and Rotom-W easier.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • looking for a good moveset for my dragon dance gyarados. i have a special and physical sweeper in my team so bear that in mind.

Gyaradance.

Gyarados @Life Orb
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Adamant Nature
    -Waterfall
    -Stone Edge
    -Earthquake/Ice Fang/Bounce
    -Dragon Dance

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    Just a good moveset for a Floatzel, please? It'll be used as quick damage, but also as a distraction, in a way.

Floatzel's not particularly good at anything except being the fastest Swift Swimmer iirc but then again Excadrill is the fastest thing you need to outspeed anyway. Gyarados, Kabutops, and even Feraligatr outclass it as far as sweeping.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jul 13, 2011
    Hey folks! I'm just starting to theorize about building a competitive team, so that makes me a n00b. I just have a few ideas and want some input from experienced trainers.

I know that there are more conventional movesets in all of these cases, but please bear with me - I want to test out my own ideas; plus I imagine my opponent might anticipate those sets... I want to surprise!

My first idea is for an extremely evil Conkeldurr.
    Conkeldurr @ Flame orb
    Adament; Guts
    EVs: This is one of the places where I need help. I'm going to max out Att for sure. For use of Substitute, I need to get tricky with HP, right? How do I go about determining the ideal HP? And where else should I put EVs? I was thinking SpDef to compensate for that somewhat low stat, but would that be a bad idea? (This moveset works better with a slow pokemon, by the way.)
    Substitute
    Focus Punch
    Facade
    Drain Punch

Flame orb burns Conkeldurr and activates his Guts ability (Att increased 50%); Facade doubles in power with burn. Sub-punch when appropriate. Drain Punch helps compensate for all the HP lost between the burn and subbing. Too risky? Thoughts?

I'm also trying to create an Umbreon annoyer.
    Umbreon @ Quick Claw (Open to suggestions on better items, if you have any.)
    Jolly; Synchronize
    EVs: Max out Speed for sure. Now I have a question. I want this Umbreon to be able to block hits, physical or special. So would it be wise to pad Def to compensate for it being slightly less spectacular than SpDef, or should I sink all my EVs into HP, or something else?
    Toxic
    Confuse Ray
    Bite
    Moonlight

This moveset obviously depends on Toxic for the most damage since Umbreon pretty much sucks offensively. I figure the biggest obstacle here is Umbreon's fairly low speed. Obviously I'm hoping to flinch my target. If I can manage to strike first and also confuse the target, it will have only a 35% chance of being able to attack. And moonlight is just obnoxious on a poke as hard to take down as Umbreon. What do you think - will this work at all?

Finally, I was thinking about creating a baton passer. I was thinking possibly Gliscor. I'd like my baton passer to be pretty defensive (although I'm a bit worried about the 4x ice weakness), and I like that he has Swords Dance (could make my Conkeldurr even more fearsome) and Agility (could help out my Umbreon). Any better suggestions?

Sorry this is so long! If anyone can answer even just one of these questions, it'd be greatly appreciated!

Years
  • My (asian xP) friend keeps raping me at Pokemon, namely with friggin Cloyster. I've done almost not 6v6 battles this generation, so I was wondering if someone could help me by telling me some common leads/early game strategies/ways to **** up Cloyster?

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2011
    I have a problem with Wifi Random Match Up and I think it has to do with a move. I bred a Infernape and I could play Random Match up. I cheated to make Infernape know Stealth Rock (I don't own the older games anymore) and now I can't do Random Match up. I find it stupid Stealth Rock could be the reason, but it seems like that could be the problem?

Infernape @ Focus Sash
    Close Combat
    Stealth Rock
    Nasty Plot
    Fire Blast
    EV: 252 Atk/252 Spd

Is it because I taught Infernape SR illegally or is this something else?

Thanks in advanced

Detox

Since you modded Stealth Rock onto your Infernape, you may no longer use it in the battle competition or on WiFi Random Battles.

Years
  • UBERS?

Hey if anyone has any uber builds that they want to share with others and discuss this is a good thread to do so.

I also want a build for zekrom and kyurem that would be sweet

Give great detail and lets try to keep the negitivity to a minamle:) :) :)

pokemonpokemonpokemon59

The official Machoke
    Years
  • Gen 4 Gible Help

Hey I have a level 15 female gible that I'm training for battle hall and I am training in the attack and speed stats. I just Battle Male nidoran and pidgey.
    these are its stats so far:
    Gible
    Female
    Level 15
    Naive Nature
    Ability: Sand Veil
    Stats:
    Hp: 46
    Attack: 30
    Defense: 22
    Sp. Atk: 17
    Sp. Def: 18
    Speed: 19
    So am I doing it right or am I doing it wrong? Thanks for looking.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jul 13, 2011
    @pokemonpokemonpokemon59: We can't determine from your pokemon's stats whether or not you're EV training properly. This is because we don't know what your pokemon's IVs are, which also play a part in determining a pokemon's stats at any given level.
    But it sounds like you're doing it right. Nidoran males give 1 Attack EV, and Pidgeys give 1 Speed EV. The only thing you should be doing, if you weren't already, is keeping track of how many pokemon you're fighting. You want to stop EV training those stats once you've fought 252 of each pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Apr 26, 2015
    A few questions here...
    Should i use a Haxorus or a gyarados as a physical sweeper?

Also...
    Would this work well:
    Altaria
    252 HP, 252 SDef, 4 SAtt
    Dragon Pulse
    Toxic
    Cotton Guard
    Roost
    2 cotton guards gives you your max defence, toxic lets you wear the opposition down and roost keeps you alive, and dragon pulse just to inflict extra damage?

Angelroid

Sun X
    Years
  • Serperior
    Timid Nature
    Moveset:
    Giga Drain
    Leaf Blade/Leaf Storm
    Glare
    Hyper Beam (In Hidden Power place)

Could this work for the whole game, also is it good?

GingerTom

<--made in 5 minutes :/
    Years
  • Metagross/Swampert moveset assistance xP

Ok I have been training up my Metagross and Swampert and... well here's the problem:

Metagross (Fluffy) Adamant, lvl 92
    Zen Headbutt
    Earthquake
    Hammer Arm
    Ice Punch

And now to my swampert :/

Swampert (Kippers) Impish, lvl 91
    Waterfall
    Earthquake X(
    Hammer Arm X(
    Ice Punch X(

I have only just realised that just recently and have tried to ask this question on numerous forums without success...

The thing is I have got these pokemon so far I don't want to get any bred moves in my moveset. If you can come up with a moveset for either WITHOUT the need for breed then I would be very happy :D

Years
  • Payback VS Crunch (on T-tar)

I have been juggling between these two moves for a while now. I originally went with Crunch on my Sassy T-tar but then thought about how Payback should usually hit for more base power providing the enemy does not switch.

Recently though, I have been informed that I should keep Crunch as it checks Reuniclus and Slowbro as both of them are still slower than Sassy T-tar. So in summary;

Crunch
    - Reliable 80 base damage.
    - Can lower defense - especially useful against stallers.

Payback
    - Has potential to hit practically all Pokemon for 100 base power.
    - Enemy switching however keeps the base power at 50 for the turn.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    Usually when Tyranitar comes in it's forcing something out. Crunch is better than Payback because of that.

Nidoking54

title was too long='(
    Years
  • Hello, I have a problem with EV training.I went to route 1 to EV train my Krookodile in Atck. and defeated 100 Patrats/Lilipups and like 1 Audino.The I flew to Opelucid City to level up my Krookodile at route 10.Later on, when I leveled up my Krookodile it inly went up +3 Atck. So i was just wondering if I did anything wrong.Did I need to use a Macho Brace or one of those power braces insteasd of Blackglasses?This was my first tiem trying to EV train Atck.

it's a
    Hasty Nature with Blackglasses
    Ability:intimidate
    Atck.:154
    Def:78
    SpA:78
    SpD:77
    Spe:116
    -Crunch
    -Foul Play
    -Dig
    -Earthquake

Years
  • Hello, I have a problem with EV training.I went to route 1 to EV train my Krookodile in Atck. and defeated 100 Patrats/Lilipups and like 1 Audino.The I flew to Opelucid City to level up my Krookodile at route 10.Later on, when I leveled up my Krookodile it inly went up +3 Atck. So i was just wondering if I did anything wrong.Did I need to use a Macho Brace or one of those power braces insteasd of Blackglasses?This was my first tiem trying to EV train Atck.

it's a
    Hasty Nature with Blackglasses
    Ability:intimidate
    Atck.:154
    Def:78
    SpA:78
    SpD:77
    Spe:116
    -Crunch
    -Foul Play
    -Dig
    -Earthquake

Er, if you don't have Pokerus, then you have 100 EV points in attack, and I think audino gives 1 in HP? Training with the macho brace would have put you at 200 Atk/2 HP, which is still not the maximum attack numbers. However, if you had on the power item for attack, which has name that has escaped me now, you would have 504 ATk, and 1 HP, which is way more than you need. The max is 252. If you have trained the Krookodile somewhere else, than you are probably screwed now, unless you have some of the EV reducing berries, and want to look up the EV values for the different pokemon you have fought since then.

What you should do is go get the power item from the battle subway. This will give you 4 EVs in the stat the item is intended for, plus whatever the pokemon you are fighting is worth (so, if fighting on route 1, that means 5 EV points in Atk per battle). This means you would need to battle 51 Patrats or Lilipups to go from 0 EVs in Atk to 255 EVs, which is the maximum value (though it is only beneficial to go to 252).

With pokerus, it would take half that many battles (25, plus one battle without the item equipped to get 252).

Buying the vitamins can reduce the time spent battling, since they can be used to boost your EVs up to 100 (10 EVs per vitamin used).

The blackglasses do nothing for EV growth, and to be honest, are a bad item anyhow. Stop using them.

A few questions here...
    Should i use a Haxorus or a gyarados as a physical sweeper?

Also...
    Would this work well:
    Altaria
    252 HP, 252 SDef, 4 SAtt
    Dragon Pulse
    Toxic
    Cotton Guard
    Roost
    2 cotton guards gives you your max defence, toxic lets you wear the opposition down and roost keeps you alive, and dragon pulse just to inflict extra damage?

I prefer Gyarados, I think Haxorus's coverage is rather uninspiring and his typing is only decent, though I think he can smack levitators with EQ (?), which would be problematic for some of them. Meanwhile, Gyarados can play in any weather, has good coverage, and can be made to have bulk behind his power.

As for that Altaria, it is good in theory, but Ferrothorn and other steel types (Jirachi, for instance) can wall it all day, no matter how high your defense is. Furthermore, it would be harder to pull off two cotton guards than it seems, most pokemon carrying an Ice special attack are going to be able to 2 shot it even with the SpDef investment, I'd think.

Your best bet is to just make it, and try it out. Theorymonning is fine, but maybe in battle it turns out to be something not many are prepared for, and does well.

My (asian xP) friend keeps raping me at Pokemon, namely with friggin Cloyster. I've done almost not 6v6 battles this generation, so I was wondering if someone could help me by telling me some common leads/early game strategies/ways to **** up Cloyster?

Hit it with a special attack, the thing has no SpDefs and little HP. Vacuum Wave on Lucario is your surest bet, though, if he is using shell smash.

Hey folks! I'm just starting to theorize about building a competitive team, so that makes me a n00b. I just have a few ideas and want some input from experienced trainers.

I know that there are more conventional movesets in all of these cases, but please bear with me - I want to test out my own ideas; plus I imagine my opponent might anticipate those sets... I want to surprise!

My first idea is for an extremely evil Conkeldurr.
    Conkeldurr @ Flame orb
    Adament; Guts
    EVs: This is one of the places where I need help. I'm going to max out Att for sure. For use of Substitute, I need to get tricky with HP, right? How do I go about determining the ideal HP? And where else should I put EVs? I was thinking SpDef to compensate for that somewhat low stat, but would that be a bad idea? (This moveset works better with a slow pokemon, by the way.)
    Substitute
    Focus Punch
    Facade
    Drain Punch

Flame orb burns Conkeldurr and activates his Guts ability (Att increased 50%); Facade doubles in power with burn. Sub-punch when appropriate. Drain Punch helps compensate for all the HP lost between the burn and subbing. Too risky? Thoughts?

I'm also trying to create an Umbreon annoyer.
    Umbreon @ Quick Claw (Open to suggestions on better items, if you have any.)
    Jolly; Synchronize
    EVs: Max out Speed for sure. Now I have a question. I want this Umbreon to be able to block hits, physical or special. So would it be wise to pad Def to compensate for it being slightly less spectacular than SpDef, or should I sink all my EVs into HP, or something else?
    Toxic
    Confuse Ray
    Bite
    Moonlight

This moveset obviously depends on Toxic for the most damage since Umbreon pretty much sucks offensively. I figure the biggest obstacle here is Umbreon's fairly low speed. Obviously I'm hoping to flinch my target. If I can manage to strike first and also confuse the target, it will have only a 35% chance of being able to attack. And moonlight is just obnoxious on a poke as hard to take down as Umbreon. What do you think - will this work at all?

Finally, I was thinking about creating a baton passer. I was thinking possibly Gliscor. I'd like my baton passer to be pretty defensive (although I'm a bit worried about the 4x ice weakness), and I like that he has Swords Dance (could make my Conkeldurr even more fearsome) and Agility (could help out my Umbreon). Any better suggestions?

Sorry this is so long! If anyone can answer even just one of these questions, it'd be greatly appreciated!

Conkeldurr most common counters are ghosts, and you have nothing there to deal with them. The HP you want is 404, for 101 subs, which means that if you have a perfect IV in HP, you would want 212 EVs placed into HP. The remainder can be used to pad either defense stat, though I don't know if you would see any gains from padding the already dire SpDef stat.

I think you'd be best off padding Umbreon's HP, his defenses are already fairly high enough on their own. I think he might be too slow to pull off a flinchfusion set, though, since the most common switch ins are going to be quicker fighting types, or steel types once they see toxic, which won't mind taking the bites, and may be carrying T-Wave to completely ruin the set.

Finally, Gliscor makes a fine Baton Passer, as do any of the other common ones (Ninjask, Mew, so forth), if you feel like you need one. It is essentially giving up a spot on your team though, which could be used for another attacking pokemon, so remember the trade you make to possibly get one pokemon into a great position can result in a battle that is essentially 6-5, with no clear gains for you.

Last edited:
    Back