• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request a Moveset / Simple Q&A / Breeding Questions

S+M staff are great

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Maybe

• Total voters

ceremony

rah rah
Years
  • Alright, I'm going to start EV training a team just for the Battle Subway (I have my own team for other purposes)

Any suggestions for a team/moveset? I've had a hard time with this thing, and I've only gotten a 21 streak before the boss' Klinklang demolished me.

What did you find best?

Years
  • Alright, I'm going to start EV training a team just for the Battle Subway (I have my own team for other purposes)

Any suggestions for a team/moveset? I've had a hard time with this thing, and I've only gotten a 21 bstreak efore the boss' Klinklang demolished me.

What did you find best?

I have heard that an LO Archeops performs very well, though I have not tried it myself.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • I have heard that an LO Archeops performs very well, though I have not tried it myself.

LO Archeops wouldn't do very well, it's Hp would be lowered every turn, and it needs all the HP it can get.

Choice items are the way forward.

shamshel

The Quickening
    Years
  • Samurott

I was wondering if anyone out there though this was a good moveset for my
    Samurott:

X-scissor
    Ice Beam
    Aqua Tail
    Swords dance

If you have any comments on how I could improve that let me know thanks

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
    Years
  • I was looking for a good Porygon-Z set. Yes, Z, not Porygon 2. XD
    As you can see, I have this craze for it.
    Would it be the same Nasty Plot set from 4th Gen, or has it changed?

Years
    • Seen Apr 26, 2015
    The Top 5...

What are the top five pokemon (non-legendaries) for the following...
    • Physical Sweeper
    • Special Sweeper
    • Mixed Sweeper
    • Physical Wall
    • Special Wall
    • Mixed Wall
    • Revenge Killer
    • Rain Team
    • Hail Team
    • Sandstorm Team
    • Lead Pokemon

pokehunter87

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
  • can someone please give me a few suggestions for a poke that i can use as a mixed sweeper, preferrably with high base speed as i will concentrate the EV's on Att and Sp Att.

Thanks in advance

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • can someone please give me a few suggestions for a poke that i can use as a mixed sweeper, preferrably with high base speed as i will concentrate the EV's on Att and Sp Att.

Thanks in advance

Salamence, Sharpedo, Infernape, Sceptile, Dragonite etc... Just find the one that is right for you.

Years

• LO Archeops wouldn't do very well, it's Hp would be lowered every turn, and it needs all the HP it can get.

Choice items are the way forward.

I believe it operates under the assumption you OHKO everything, therefore you don't lose more than 30% health per battle, which means you never lose the mammoth stats. Obviously you'll need pokemon to back it up, and it can't take hits.

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
    Years
  • I was looking for a good Porygon-Z set. Yes, Z, not Porygon 2. XD
    As you can see, I have this craze for it.
    Would it be the same Nasty Plot set from 4th Gen, or has it changed?

Bumping this up since many people will forget.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    What are the top five pokemon (non-legendaries) for the following...
    • Physical Sweeper
    • Special Sweeper
    • Mixed Sweeper
    • Physical Wall
    • Special Wall
    • Mixed Wall
    • Revenge Killer
    • Rain Team
    • Hail Team
    • Sandstorm Team
    • Lead Pokemon

You can't specifically say a Pokémon is the "best" because each is good in differing circumstances. However, you can find the top tier Pokémon in all situations simply by looking at the usage stats - if a Pokémon is used a lot, it's obviously useful somehow. You can find usage stats here. They're the same ones we go by to tier.

I believe it operates under the assumption you OHKO everything, therefore you don't lose more than 30% health per battle, which means you never lose the mammoth stats. Obviously you'll need pokemon to back it up, and it can't take hits.

LO still sucks. You a) aren't going to OHKO everything and b) don't want the recoil damage to stay with w/e other damage you're taking. Band hits way harder and its not like Rock is a bad offensive type or anything, no immunes and few resists with pretty fabulous neutral coverage makes clicking CB Stone Edge almost never a bad option. Really, the only way to go with it is to Choice up.

Bumping this up since many people will forget.

Probably that or a Specs set. P-Z sucks though because Fighting-type moves are everywhere to smash Steels and etc and P-Z isn't taking more than a hit, especially not with LO. Worth a try, though.

Years
  • LO still sucks. You a) aren't going to OHKO everything and b) don't want the recoil damage to stay with w/e other damage you're taking. Band hits way harder and its not like Rock is a bad offensive type or anything, no immunes and few resists with pretty fabulous neutral coverage makes clicking CB Stone Edge almost never a bad option. Really, the only way to go with it is to Choice up.

Then you shouldn't use Archeops to begin with, may as well go with Garchomp or some other heavy hitter without such a debilitating ability should it take a hit. I only mention LO Archeops because I've read accounts of people going through 100+ battles with him (which is bad science, I know), and the person who asked the original question cannot seem to get past the 21st battle.

I agree with the overall point, though, in that perhaps Choice Chomp is your best bet.

I was wondering if there's any form of a Whimsicott set which utilizes both Dual Screen and Encore/Beat Up?

I could see using a Prankster Encore set for the quick switch on a boosting pokemon, allowing you some free reign in setting up your screens, but I don't think Whimsicott's attack stat is high enough to justify running Beat Up on it.

Beat Up changed this generation, the power is no longer based on the each pokemon's individual attack, but rather only on the user's attack.

Last edited:

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    Then you shouldn't use Archeops to begin with, may as well go with Garchomp or some other heavy hitter without such a debilitating ability should it take a hit. I only mention LO Archeops because I've read accounts of people going through 100+ battles with him (which is bad science, I know), and the person who asked the original question cannot seem to get past the 21st battle.

I agree with the overall point, though, in that perhaps Choice Chomp is your best bet.

That's what I was meaning to say, I think. XD; Archeops is really a bad Pokemon; despite its really fantastic offensive stats, its ability just neuters it so much that it just becomes absolutely worthless. LO Archeops might be more useful in-game but it's just awful in actual competitive matches. :x

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    haxorus or gyarados for a physical sweeper ? :)

Both have their own unique niches, set-up opportunites, better partners... it'd help if we had the context of your team, too. Like, does your team have trouble with Scizor? Gyarados would be more useful in that instance because it beats Scizor, easy. Give us an idea of what team they'll be in, at the very least! :>

Years
    • Seen Apr 26, 2015
    i am using a ferrothorn its moves are...
    curse : to boost attack and defence (also lowers speed to boost the attack power of gyro ball)
    leech seed : to gain HP each turn and lower the targets
    gyro ball : powerful STAB move
    power whip : powerful STAB move

But what item can i give it?
    either a big root so increase to HP gained each turn, leftovers, or a rocky helmet?

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    i am using a ferrothorn its moves are...
    curse : to boost attack and defence (also lowers speed to boost the attack power of gyro ball)
    leech seed : to gain HP each turn and lower the targets
    gyro ball : powerful STAB move
    power whip : powerful STAB move

But what item can i give it?
    either a big root so increase to HP gained each turn, leftovers, or a rocky helmet?

It wants the consistent recovery from Leftovers. Big Root is unreliable and Rocky Helmet is ehh at best.

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
    Years
  • Simple Question

First attempt at building a competitive team, though to be used only in the Battle Frontier in Platinum. Problem is, I just discovered that Ttar only learns Dragon Dance through breeding. What move should I replace it? I have already finished EV training it, and it is at level 100. Should I repeat training again?

BTW, here is it.

Tyranitar@Life Orb: Jolly
    252 Attack/ 252 Speed/ 4 HP
    ~Aqua Tail
    ~Crunch
    ~Rock Slide
    ~Filler (currently Earthquake)

My two other Pokemon are:

Forretress@Leftovers: Relaxed
    144 Defense/ 252 HP/ 112 Attack
    ~Toxic Spikes
    ~Earthquake
    ~Gyro Ball
    ~Rapid Spin

Dragonite @(currently thinking what item probably, shell bell): Mild
    112 Attack/ 252 Special Attack/ 144 Speed
    ~Draco Meteor
    ~Flamethrower
    ~SuperPower
    ~Roost

Thank you! :)

Detox

If you want, you can replace Earthquake with Superpower and make it a Scarftar

Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
    Nature: Jolly (+Spe -SAtk)
    EV's: 4 HP | 252 Attack | 252 Speed
    -Crunch
    -Stone Edge
    -Superpower
    -Pursuit / Aqua Tail

Back