• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Requesting general help on my Pokemon team

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2014
    Thanks Zekrom. I guess I'll use the move set I outlined a post or two ago.

So anyone wan't to give me some pointers for Medichams moveset? Drain punch heals, Bullet punch takes priority over opponents speed, Power up punch raises atk a level, psycho cut has increased crit chance, bulk up does nice buffs. Thunder/Fire/Ice punch have type effectiveness, hi jump kick is strong.

I'm probably going to use Zen Headbutt, but I can't decide on the others.

For Mega Medicham, hitting strong is the absolute priority, so as long as its ability is activated, you shouldn't need any Power Boosting moves. Therefore, Power Up Punch isn't necessary/viable. Drain Punch isnt that great either, as MegaCham doesn't have the HP Stat or Defense Stats to last around long, often being KO'd in one or two hits. Honestly, MegaCham serves best as a Sub-Attacker:

Medicham @ Medichamite
    Nature: Jolly
    Evs: 6 HP, 252 Atk, 252 Spe
    - High Jump Kick
    - Substitute
    - Ice Punch
    - Fire Punch/Psycho Cut/Thunder Punch

This set is heavily based upon prediction and use of high jump kick. The main point is to force your opponent out, then setting up a Substitute (DON'T USE HJK, just in-case a Ghost switches in). Then, your oppenent will more then likely have to hit you twice, to break your Sub & KO you. So this allows you to atleast get A LOT of damage off once, and potentially being capable to sweep. Jolly Nature is there to help its mediocre/good speed, while Thunder Punch is their to hit flying types, or you could use fire punch for steel types. Ice Punch is there to hit Gliscor, Flying types & Dragons Hard. Psycho Cut is also viable if you wish for another STAB move. If it was me, IMO, I'd use HJK, Substitute, Ice Punch & Probably Fire Punch.

Back