• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Restart or Postgame?

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
    Years
    I haven't restarted my Black yet... Still trying going through the post-game stuff, trying to fill my pokédex a little more. :3 I've been playing with the idea of restarting, but so far, I'm more intersted in finding Kyuurem and what not.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    Leaf Green

In my White, I did the postgame stuff, but hated it because there was little to do and the trainers were ridiculously overleveled. So I'm no fan of the postgame. I just did it for completion.

Restarting isn't a viable option either because level-grinding was made even more tedious because of the new Exp system. Plus, I've got multiple shinies and legendary Pokemon including event Vicinti in there, so right now I;m basically doing nothing with my copy of White.

Gilgαmesh

There's absolutely no way I'm resetting. Heck, I haven't even played back for like over three months. My motivation is nil, and restarting it honestly won't help any. This is evident because I just started HG and I think I only got past Bugsy before I completely stopped playing when B/W came out and whatnot.

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
    Years
    I have both Black and White and a Japanese Black. I keep my events and ev trained pokemon on White and the japanese black. I start over my english black when I beat Cynthia and Alder.

Years
    • Seen Nov 6, 2017
    i never restart my game, because when i used too, id end up not caring enough to finish it again, so now im determined to catch all 649 pokemon. im getting there... slowly.

RelentlessRamenRaider

Chansey Lucky Egg Hunter
    Years
    I enjoy the post game. So, usually, with every version, I would have the team that I use to beat the game (also per usual, the first six different pokemon, I can find and catch.), while catching every pokemon (even evolved forms of first stage pokemon I already caught), then go back to breed a new team.

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    Usually, I get one of the two versions when they are released and use that as my 'main file' where I complete the PokeDex and play through the whole game, etc, etc, then I buy the other version and use it mainly as a 'challenge version' that I can restart and it wont affect me. This generation my main is White, and my challenge is Black and my Black is on its third save (well, one was just up to Route 3, but..).

Back