• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] Restarting Intro - Fire Red

Proygon

A rom hacker
Years
  • My emulator is VisualBoyAdvance-1.8.0-beta3. I remapped and modified and inserted scripts for most of Pallet Town using 1636 - Pokemon Fire Red (U)(Squirrels) and fire red omega with the end result being an intro loop.

I attached the ips file in case someone wants to open the rom in AdvanceMap to truly understand the issue.

I tried applying the ips patch to Pokemon - Fire Red Version (U) (V1.0) because all the offset research has been done on that rom, but I still got the same problem. When I use Free Space Finder I search from offset 0, which I think is the source of the issue.

Attachments

• Hacked.ips
      3.1 KB · Views: 2
    Years
    • Seen Mar 19, 2019
    From the looks of it, I think it's because of Tunod Entrypoint 4.1 (your bedroom). Originally there are special movement permission tiles placed in the room, which you have not included in your edited version of the bedroom. I assume these movement permission tiles inform the rom where your player starts after Oak's intro, and since you haven't included them, your rom has no idea where to go, and just restarts. In my hack, I never changed the bedroom so I didn't run into the problem, so I'd recommend leaving it the same if a new bedroom isn't that important to you. If you still want to change the character's bedroom, I would research tutorials on how to properly do so.

Back