• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Challenge] Restarting the Random Challenge

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
  • Restarting the Random Challenge

Ninja Boy Riku | Sapphire
    Restarting the Random Challenge

Soda lv. 21 @ Quick Claw
    Shield Dust
    [ Gust | Poison Sting | Confusion | Harden ]

the greatest law known to man is when i changed the double posting rule some 3-4 years ago in this section. ...i think i did that, anyway. who knows. who cares.

so anyway, i go rescue the wingull...easy...you know. then i looked up a bunch of the...is this game in kanji or katakana or...so i look up items to translate stuff. i have enough random shit in my bag to make one of those like influencer "what's in my bag????" type videos, you know? a pp up here, a protein there. i deposited most of what i could figure out into the pc and moved on to dewford.

i, a dumbass child in 2003, went through granite cave without flash and have never strayed from that formula ever since. i know it like the back of my hand. so i get to steven, give him his thing, debate on teaching dustox steel wing, find out he can't learn it anyway so the debate is worthless, and i move on to just go fight brawly. i figured...if i can do it, i'll do it. if it's too much, i'll sequence break, come back with roselia, get the badge, it's honky dory.

brawly ain't land but like two scratches on me before i wiped the floor with his team with confusion. didn't get off any hardens (heh) and didn't need them anyway. so now we're moving on...i'll probably skip some trainers so i can get to roselia faster and have some training fodder for it but yeah.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years

Soda lv. 27 @ Quick Claw
    Shield Dust
    [ Gust | Thief | Psybeam | Harden ]

Bay lv. 28
    Poison Point
    [ Mega Drain | Growth | Leech Seed | Magical Leaf ]

y'all i thought my ass was about to lose to may...i somehow stuck it out like. dustox's bug typing neutralizes ground at least bc i thought marshtomp would be the worst of it, but no that girl got a numel. i was not about that fight lmaooo but i somehow lived...and made it up there to mauville. i got my bike...i got my roselia...it's all good. roselia caught up pretty quickly and is a fuckin champ though like. you throw down some growth??? and just use whatever grass move you want?? game is SET, bitch. leech seed is nice too and poison point helps when the opponent try to get close bc bam bitch, poison. natural cure is probably the overall better ability for roselia, but like. for in-game with the team i gotta have. i think it's more beneficial to me to have poison point.

speaking of points, it's at this point that i truly realize that my game is in set instead of shift. i noticed it earlier when i had zigzagoon w me for hm stuff, but since it's not like i would have changed pokemon anyway, i didn't think about it. now that i have another actual party member, i'm like OH SHIT. but i mean. i can't read anything anyway so it just makes more sense and saves time to play in set, something i usually never do. pretty fun though, tbh. i like it. gives me another hurdle to jump and makes this run all the more enjoyable. also it's nice the battery on this cartridge isn't dead. i've found a way around not being able to read or see my items bc the one items you CAN see pictures of are the berries. you can check the tags to see a pic and i know what each berry looks like so you know!! i'm planting them. i haven't been able to plant and grow berries in rse in so long...it's really nice and nostalgic.

anyway, i'm trynna get the ice beam tm early for when i get swablu soon-ish but before THAT, i'm boutta bust up some rocks and get a koffing. i feel like these next two party members are gonna be a pain to play catch up with, but i've managed before, i will manage again. here we goooo. also i feel weird posting three times in a row but i think i'm okay to since it's just updates?? yet the back of my mind is screaming at me. all those posts i used to merge...lmfao...damn.

Superjolt

Put some [b][color=Red]color[/color][/b] in your l
    Years
  • Update #10 (Final!)

After a failed couple of attempts (I could barely get past Aaron) I leveled up my team a little more (and leveled Fuzzy further to level 56 to learn Discharge. Why does it have to learn that move so late lol sheesh)

And then on to the Elite Four:

Aaron: Fuzzy did most of the work, his Heracross was annoying with Megahorn landing critical hits, also was annoying that his Drapion knows Ice Fang which made it difficult to use Gamma to finish it off. After Fuzzy paralyzed Drapion though, Gamma was able to finish him with an Earthquake.

Bertha: Opened with Tally to take out Whiscash, but then her Gliscor was annoying (seriously it knows all 3 of Thunder, Fire and Ice Fang?) Rookta finally took it down and then the rest of her team was easy for Rookta.

Flint: lol easy for Rookta

Lucian: omg, his freaking Bronzor (also his stupid Gallade, but mostly his stupid freaking Bronzor) Fuzzy took it on but it was slow getting its HP down. Gallade was tough too but Tally finally took it down

Cynthia: Kept switching between Tally and Gamma to make her Garchomp waste PP for Dragon Rush and Earthquake and eventually was able to put Rookta in to finish it off with Ice Beam, then her Roserade was annoying... Sludge Bomb was killer, Togekiss knocked out Fuzzy a few times with crit Aura Spheres but eventually Fuzzy paralyzed it and took it down. The rest was kind of easy!

It was long and also took many Hyper Potions/MooMoo Milks/Revives, but I pulled it off! And now the challenge is complete!

Hall of Fame Team:

Fuzzy the Luxray (M)
    Ability: Intimidate, Sassy Nature
    Lv. 58
    Crunch
    Thunder Fang
    Charge
    Discharge

Gamma the Golem (M)
    Ability: Sturdy, Lonely Nature
    Lv. 56
    Stone Edge
    Magnitude
    Rock Throw
    Earthquake

Silkie the Beautifly (M)
    Ability: Swarm, Rash Nature
    Lv. 54
    Bug Buzz
    Stun Spore
    Giga Drain
    Aerial Ace

Scurry the Bastiodon (M)
    Ability: Sturdy, Bashful Nature
    Lv. 54
    Rock Slide
    Ancientpower
    Flash Cannon
    Iron Head

Rookta the Octillery (F)
    Ability: Sniper, Impish Nature
    Lv. 55
    Hyper Beam
    Surf
    Waterfall
    Ice Beam

Tally the Tropius (M)
    Ability: Solar Power, Gentle Nature
    Lv. 54
    Fly
    Solar Beam
    Air Slash
    Magical Leaf

Last edited:
    Years
  • Log #7
    Spoiler:

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years

Soda lv. 30 @ King's Rock
    Shield Dust
    [ Gust | Thief | Psybeam | Harden ]

Bay lv. 30 @ Persim Berry
    Poison Point

Drop lv. 31 @ Quick Claw
    Levitate
    [ Poison Gas | Sludge | Tackle | Shock Wave ]

Taffy lv. 30
    Natural Cure
    [ Peck | Steel Wing | Ice Beam | Sing ]

the long awaited fourth update................ so i got koffing (get it......drop......koffing.......coughing.....cough drop......) and have to play catch up with it for a while, which is surprisingly not too bad esp since i taught it shock wave immediately and it learned sludge quickly. roselia and dustox don't see much use for a while because of me leveling up koffing and soon after, swablu.

now swablu lemme tell ya, i love it, but that's what took the longest time for this update. i normally do not ev train at all but i definitely always make a point to tack on the macho brace and find a shit ton of spinda any time i plan on using altaria in these games. just bc i always buff altaria with a full special set (sans fly) so i need that lmfao. that's what took up my time, plus getting the money for more coins to get ice beam early and not have to wait on the abandoned ship.

i do all that. beat team aqua. i go to the gym. i'm thinking this is gonna be not fun bc dustox and roselia uhhhhh yeah not good contenders in a fire gym lol. i mostly relied on koffing and swablu, who are both female and i guess are not lesbians bc flannery couldn't use attract like i know she tends to do. slugmas were easy to take down, the torkoal required some strategy. koffing managed to poison torkoal (hanging on w 1 hp from slugma 2) before being ko'd. roselia came in just to use leech seed + take an overheat hit so i knew torkoal's sp att was nothing. between poison, leech seed, and lowered sp att, torkoal couldn't do shit to swablu, even through the flails it tried to land. easy pickings.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 9, 2020
    Forum Username: pokemonpearl
    Game Version: Pokémon silver
    Number of Pokemon: 6
    Exclude NFEs: yes
    National Dex: No
    Restrictions: would like some type variety if possible! And can't hack pokemon

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Forum Username: pokemonpearl
    Game Version: Pokémon silver
    Exclude NFEs: yes
    Restrictions: would like some type variety if possible! And can't hack pokemon

here you go my friend:

looks like a badass team tbh.

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years

Soda lv. 32 @ King's Rock
    Shield Dust
    [ Gust | Thief | Psybeam | Light Screen ]

Bay lv. 32 @ Persim Berry
    Poison Point

Drop lv. 32 @ Quick Claw
    Levitate
    [ Toxic | Sludge | Tackle | Shock Wave ]

Taffy lv. 31 @ Amulet Coin
    Natural Cure
    [ Peck | Steel Wing | Ice Beam | Sing ]

so there wasn't as much to do between this update and the last because you really don't have that much more that's open to you after you beat flannery. there's still a lot of places you can't access like yeah you get the desert and another trick house and fiery path, but that's it. that being said, i did go and do all of that and leveled up everyone just a smidge before going to norman's gym. this was one i was really dreading and finally i dreaded it for good reason lol. this one almost beat my ass like. roselia is the mvp fr bc norman's last slaking took a poison point (which isn't THAT great bc facade but i'm getting there...) and planted a leech seed. koffing was able to take the facade hits decently...couldn't put out much damage, but she's my only pokemon that can take any physical hits. i literally barely won this one like koffing was my last one standing lol.

all i've done after that win was go pick up the amulet coin from mom so i can start making monayyyy. i'm about to whip back to go get my next party member then whip right tf back to get on those first few surfing routes of the game where i'll level up carvahna and the rest of the party...plus i'll be getting kecleon soon too so this next update might take a while bc of two party members + all those surf routes. i'm thinking of just hunting for a kecleon in the grass rather than waiting on the devon scope tbh. that way i can level up both carvahna and kecelon at the same time and not have to back track with kecleon later.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years

Soda lv. 36 @ King's Rock
    Shield Dust
    [ Gust | Silver Wind | Psychic | Light Screen ]

Bay lv. 36 @ Persim Berry
    Poison Point
    [ Giga Drain | Growth | Leech Seed | Magical Leaf ]

Drop lv. 37 @ Quick Claw
    Levitate
    [ Toxic | Sludgebomb | Tackle | Thunderbolt ]

Taffy lv. 36 @ Amulet Coin
    Natural Cure
    [ Dragonbreath | Steel Wing | Ice Beam | Sing ]

Ika lv. 36
    Rough Skin
    [ Surf | Crunch | Slash | Screech ]

Gummi lv. 36
    Color Change
    [ Faint Attack | Psybeam | Strength | Slash ]

the gang is all here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! catching a carvahna wasn't hard ofc, i fished one up easily after getting the good rod. then i spent a couple of hours hunting down a kecleon in the grass on route 119 bc i didn't want to have to wait until i got a devon scope to get the easy kecleon lol. it was well worth it though bc i was able to get both party members caught up very quickly after i came back to petalburg to do the surf route all the way back to slateport. carvahna evolved ofc and kecleon uh well it's kecleon.

as u can see, koffing and swablu have evolved and have become great assets to the team. roselia is still going strong, he just doesn't have as much coverage as other party members since the attacks he's got are both grass, but he is still great for support with leech seed and against water types. sharpedo is da man and kecleon is decent too and will get better when i load her with more physical moves. dustox though.................hoo boy lol his usefulness has gone down the drain, but he's still trying his best...at the very least, he has light screen for support but uh. yeah. he sure is...a dustox...

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years

Soda lv. 40 @ King's Rock
    Shield Dust
    [ Toxic | Silver Wind | Psychic | Light Screen ]

Bay lv. 40
    Poison Point

Drop lv. 40 @ Quick Claw
    Levitate
    [ Toxic | Sludgebomb | Fire Blast | Thunderbolt ]

Taffy lv. 40 @ Amulet Coin
    Natural Cure
    [ Dragonbreath | Flamethrower | Ice Beam | Fly ]

Ika lv. 41 @ Lax Incense
    Rough Skin
    [ Surf | Crunch | Slash | Screech ]

Gummi lv. 41
    Color Change
    [ Aerial Ace | Shadow Ball | Strength | Slash ]

cries updates get less fun to write as the game goes on and the team gets stronger and doesn't struggle as much. also spent a lot of time changing some movesets and getting tms, if you couldn't tell. more to come for the next update (including an hm i've been putting off but hey we all gotta do it at some point). fought a lot of trainers between the 6th and 7th gyms. team aqua was no match for me and holy shit neither were tate and liza. i even decided to play risky and lead off w dustox and sharpedo. dustox went in to put up a light screen and i was gonna switch out, but like lmfao. i probably could have survived that fight leaving him in. i did swap him for kecleon though and i mean. a surf, crunch, and shadow ball did the trick. the two were done within about three turns. kind of sad i used to struggle so much with this gym years ago but hey.

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years

Soda lv. 43 @ King's Rock
    Shield Dust

Bay lv. 43
    Poison Point

Drop lv. 44 @ Shell Bell
    Levitate
    [ Toxic | Sludgebomb | Fire Blast | Thunderbolt ]

Taffy lv. 44 @ Amulet Coin
    Natural Cure
    [ Dragonbreath | Flamethrower | Ice Beam | Fly ]

Ika lv. 44 @ Lax Incense
    Rough Skin
    [ Surf | Crunch | Slash | Dive ]

Gummi lv. 44 @ Quick Claw
    Color Change
    [ Aerial Ace | Shadow Ball | Strength | Rock Smash ]

y'all see where i'm having to put these ugly hm moves on my team smh i hate these things so much. anyway tho uhhhh you'll never guess who took out wallace's milotic................if you guessed dustox you are correct lmao. toxic + light screen was a monster, plus outspeeding milotic and resisting confuse and freeze from water pulse and ice beam respectively. shield dust is an ability that don't PLAY i'm tellin ya. anyway i'm off to get a few more tms that will make it into my final move slots and then i'm gonna plunge through victory road and probably do a little more grinding after that and. we'll see how the elite four and champion go...especially considering i still can't read anything in the game and i'm playing in set. i'm having fun playing in set tho and this team has forced me to strategize again and i like that. i normally go for all out attack and just race through the games, but i think that's part of why i've gotten so bored with the series as of late. this has been really fun so far so i can't wait to see how we close out the remainder of our journey.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years

Soda lv. 55 @ King's Rock
    Shield Dust

Bay lv. 54 @ Persim Berry
    Poison Point
    [ Petal Dance | Growth | Leech Seed | Magical Leaf ]

Drop lv. 55 @ Shell Bell
    Levitate
    [ Toxic | Sludgebomb | Flamethrower | Thunderbolt ]

Taffy lv. 56 @ Amulet Coin
    Natural Cure
    [ Dragon Claw | Flamethrower | Ice Beam | Fly ]

Ika lv. 55 @ Lax Incense
    Rough Skin
    [ Surf | Crunch | Slash | Earthquake ]

Gummi lv. 54 @ Quick Claw
    Color Change
    [ Aerial Ace | Shadow Ball | Brick Break | Iron Tail ]

metagross is a goddamn nightmare but we lived. we are champs and i'm done w this one. deuces.

Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2024
    Finished the aSapphire run!
    As I'm typing this, the game is still going through the cutscenes and the end credits....

Fakey
    Lv63 w/ Quick Claw
    Discharge/Volt Switch/Charge Beam/Electro Ball

Puff
    Lv60 w/ Black Glasses
    Sludge Bomb/Dark Pulse/Sludge/Flamethrower

Swimmy
    Lv58 w/ Mystic Water
    Bubble Beam/Shadow Ball/Bubble/Sticky Web

Salty Punch
    Lv58
    Sky Uppercut/Seed Bomb/Rock Tomb/ Rock Smash

Bro
    Lv66 w/ Soft Sand
    X-Scissor/Earthquake/Smack Down/Metal Claw

Head On
    Lv48 w/ Cleanse Tag
    Zen Headbutt/Crunch/Dragon Claw/Rock Tomb

To be honest, I got Shelgon way too late in the game for him to be super useful, and Surskit/Koffing were pretty squishy and would typically get one shot, so MVP goes to Armaldo for sure.

https://imgur.com/a/YYZynRk

sunshinesonia

stressed possum
    Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2020
    white run update #6
    Spoiler:

Years
  • Forum Username: MudkipMafia
    Game Version: Pokemon Ultra Moon
    Exclude NFEs: Yes
    Restrictions: At least one pokemon before the first trial, no type overlap

metroid711

Thumbs up~
    Years
  • Forum Username: MudkipMafia
    Game Version: Pokemon Ultra Moon
    Restrictions: At least one pokemon before the first trial, no type overlap

You rolled:
    Primarina
    Hariyama
    Masquerain
    Ambipom
    Metagross
    Dragonite

Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2024
    Hello, it sees that the this sub-forum went a bit empty...
    But, i hope i can still enter the challenge:

Forum Username: MiKyu22
    Game Version: Emerald
    Restrictions: At least one bug type for a bigger challenge. Poke's need to be catchable in-game, trade evolution are fine, though.

Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2024
    If you could re-roll raichu for another eletric type, i would be thankful.

Back