• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Retrobyte's Barely Art Sprite Thread.

Z o M B ii 3

Upgrade your Grey Matter.
    Years
    Sadly, I get bored really easy.
    Thus, I found out how to create sprites so I have
    something to do. I wil add more later on, when
    I get bored enough to create more.
    I do take requests, in fact I would love them.
    I need ideas to create more.
    Thank you.

Sorry for the bad quality, I use MS Paint.

Sprites:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Mar 16, 2011
    Oh no. You saved them in JPEG. You really shouldn't do that because it ruins the quality of the sprite. Next time, you should save them in PNG.

On another note, I really like the slowpoke fusions, they look nice.

Z o M B ii 3

Years
    Oh no. You saved them in JPEG. You really shouldn't do that because it ruins the quality of the sprite. Next time, you should save them in PNG.

On another note, I really like the slowpoke fusions, they look nice.

I use MS Paint.
    I need a new program, suggestions?
    I don't think I can save them PNG.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Mar 16, 2011
    I use MS Paint.
    I need a new program, suggestions?
    I don't think I can save them PNG.
    That's what I use when I sprite too. And I can save png. Maybe you can download something like GIFFY so you can save as gif and the quality won't get destroyed.

Bombah!

BlackDragonite
    Years
    Uhm, yes you CAN save them in PNG...
    I use MS Paint too. Save as -> .PNG

Anyway, these look good, especially the first and the third one. And the Slowpokes^^

But, you stole my trapinch idea... JK (^^), but I have the same fusion in other style (Just visit my thread if ya wanna see it^^)

Good luck and HF,
    Bombah!

SIN1488

Dedicated FluoroCarbons :P
    Years
    I really like the top row the most, especially the first 2.

The only new ones I can think of for you to do right now are a combination of Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres, like a three-headed bird, and a combination of haunter and something.

Or what would be cool, is like what you would think an evolved form of some of the legendaries would look like, although i'm not sure you can do custom sprites. I thought of that because i've realized in any of the pokemon games, they never had a legendary that evolves, but they should.

[NovaPirate]

And the rest went riding on.
    Years
    Most of your fusions are simple, and overcrowded, Copy and Pastes. Not very hard work, but it is a start.

The few that I like, in fact, the only one I truly like, would be the Lapras Slowpoke mix.

Some are overcrowded (Third and fifth top row.) Some are just REALLY simple Copy+Pastes (Second Row second and third), and one is .JPEG. That one is just fail.

Keep trying and you will succeed.

Z o M B ii 3

Years
    Most of your fusions are simple, and overcrowded, Copy and Pastes. Not very hard work, but it is a start.

The few that I like, in fact, the only one I truly like, would be the Lapras Slowpoke mix.

Some are overcrowded (Third and fifth top row.) Some are just REALLY simple Copy+Pastes (Second Row second and third), and one is .JPEG. That one is just fail.

Keep trying and you will succeed.

Umm, thanks I think. I never said anything like I was good.
    I just do this because I'm bored.
    Aye, these are great.
    Torterra's tree looks hilarious on top of anything's head.

Haha, thanks.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Nice sprites! But if i had the power to sprite(im reatarted to any form of art)i would create 493 slowpokes that are every single pokemon. But your the spriter not me so yeah have fun spriting.

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
    Nice sprites! But if i had the power to sprite(im reatarted to any form of art)i would create 493 slowpokes that are every single pokemon. But your the spriter not me so yeah have fun spriting.

I did that, except with Kirbies.
    You would only have 492 because you can't merge Slowpoke with itself.

Anyways, I've just realized that Lati@s' colors are switched. Hehe, aweshum.

I see the new Venusaur. I think the bottom horn is displaced. The angle is all wrong. You'd be better off doing it freehand... It can't just all be CnP, right?

Last edited:

= GPR =

Birding Extraordinaire
    Years
    Slowpokes!!! LOL ^_^ i love them! idk why, but i also like the skarmory/ninjask fusion although the outlining is a bit thick in some parts (don't worry, i get the same problem too!)

I do have to agree with novapirate, some are to crowed and complex, they just become to overwhelming to look at, and im sure they were to much time and effort to create. Your best bet is to just keep the stuff simple but quality!

As for the doughboy's request of a legendary bird fusion, please spare us, because i'm sure that whatever you make will be nearly the same as one of the other five hundred legendary bird fusions on this site!

I know you said you do this in your spare time, but your not too bad. Keep up the good work!

Z o M B ii 3

Years
    Some pokemon are hard to transfer to a slowpoke.
    I do this because I'm bored, not to get better from advice.
    Pretty much, I'm just dumping my folder here.

Back