• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Return of Ribbons

MaoMint

☘ 小猫咪 ☘
Years
  • So it seems ribbons are back in the game after there weren't any in the 5th gen.
    What do you think about it?

Personaly I was rather sad that they weren't available during the 5th gen anymore so I'm quite content to have them back even though they don't actually "do" anything. : )

Princess Diana

the people's princess
    Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    I'd really like to see the return of Contests (a la Sinnoh).

Oh and ball seals.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Ribbons weren't completely gone in generation five—they were still there as the form of medals, rewards that you obtained for making certain achievements. Two of the most common medals were Evolution Hopeful and Sweet Home, which you were able to receive by evolving a Pokémon for the first time and taking a nap at home, respectively.

Anyway, I'm okay with ribbons making a return, but to be honest, it seems a little redundant though. Since there are no actual contests in the game, it just doesn't make too much sense to have ribbons. In my opinion, it would've been much better if they had decided to continue with their medals feature instead. d:

erisfrost

Rocket in Training!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2014
    I really hope contests make a return in a later title (possibly Z).

If they do decide to bring them back, it would be cool if each contest was in a different town. I enjoyed traveling to different places for the higher ranked contests in Ruby/Sapphire, it gave it a almost gym-feel.

Back