• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Return to Hogwarts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Night

Skitsofrantic all out runner!!
Years
  • As Jeremy came towards us, I looked kinda ashamed of my team. "That's okay! Devon can be the exact same way. Sorry about him!" I got the Quaffle again and luanched it up. "What are you guys waiting for? Let's practice!" I got on my broom and was followed by the rest of the team. I noticed Rehan looking confused and went down toward him. "Come on! The way you play this week will show Devon how well you are." I left and chased after the Quaffle.

We had let the Snitch go and the Bludgers dureing the practice. It had been 2 hours after we had started practiceing. "Alright everyone! We'll practice tomorrow dureing Dinner since the Ravenclaws are haveing problems with us praticeing after us." Devon said, as he clutched his fists. "So eat as much lunch as you can!" he said as he started to walk towards the changing rooms for the Gryffindors. "What?! Ah man! Get to miss Dinner, that just terrific!" I started muttering stuff under my breathe. I heard the rest of the team start muttering as well. Oh well, at least we don't have to get up early.

I went with Kelly to the girls changing rooms and got into my robes. "Hey Kelly, want to go to the Prefect girls bathroom. I got the passwords from one of them." I inquired. "Yeah, sure!" We left seeing Eon heading off as well. "Hey! Where are you guys going?" he said as he started running after us. "Sorry Eon! You can't come where we're going!" I shouted back.

We got to the bathrooms and enjoyed the nice warm relaxing water. That made the mucles feel better! We stayed in there for 30 minutes and got dressed agian. We headed off toward the Great Hall to get some breakfast.
    ~~~~~
    "Hey Rehan! You comeing yet? The girls have already started to head off! Let's go!" I yelled as I waited for Rehan.

Mari

♠ [child] p r o d i g y
    Years
  • ...Protego would be useful, but what if they don't use spells? Protego only works against spells, I think. Caelyn's amethyst orbs stared blankly at the book she was reading, again deep in thought. She flipped the pages of the book, looking through numbers of spells, before sighing. If those Slytherins didn't stop pulling pranks on him, she had thought of fighting back. Fight fire with fire. But she had instantly scolded herself afterwards, telling herself that it would be rude to do so.

She had grown to the silence in the common room, and so was shocked to hear Alicia's voice from behind her. She jumped up slightly, cheeks a tinge of red, as she bit back a gasp. At the realization it was only Alicia, a childish pout forced itself on her lips. "Alicia, you scared me."

~Ozy~

PC's Unofficial Poetry Critic
    Years
  • <OOC>Thanks much.<OOC>

I had rolled out of my ornate bed late. That was something I loathed about this common room and dormitory, actually. It was ostentatious in the extreme. I looked around and saw waste, I saw money spent that could have saved my parents lives. I barely noticed the whisper in my head sayin, At least you'll avenge them... That, I could agree with. That had been my sole focus for years.

I left the common room after washing and rapidly made my way to the Great Hall. I used several small PK tricks to get there, in on instance wallrunning over a crowd of lost first years. Fortunately, I'd made it in time to have a decent seat at the Slytherin table and a decent meal to go with it.

Kalylia

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
  • OOC: Okay, so while PC's working, I'm currently getting the class list ready. Please bear with me. I'll edit this post sometime this afternoon. Thank you so much for your patience. And, so everyone is aware, these absences may be a frequent event. I'm keeping up the best I can, but I can only get on PC when I'm at work due to parental issues.

Anyways...

Okay, so here's the deal. This whole class set-up thing is almost impossible without a computer program to do it. So, This is the best I could come up with. It should work… I hope…

Basically, since I'm not going to be terribly picky on when classes start and end, we're just going to have the classes separated by the houses. I don't care what order you RP them in, I don't care if you RP one or all of them. Just know that you can throw something in about lunch somewhere. Dinner will be an all-together thing again, as that's when classes will actually end for the day.

All houses will have their Astronomy class together. (The five years will be on separate evenings.)

Herbology – R/G H/S
    Transfiguration – R/H G/S
    Charms – G/H R/S
    Defense Against the Dark Arts – G/S R/H
    Flying – S/R G/H (first years only, once a week on Friday)
    History of Magic – G/R H/S
    Potions – H/G R/S

The following classes are offered to those in their 3rd year and up.

Ancient Runes – All students in their year will take this class at the same time.
    Arithmancy – All students in their year will take this class at the same time.
    Muggle Studies – All students in their year will take this class at the same time.
    Care of Magical Creatures – R/H G/S
    Divination – R/G S/H

I'm sorry that this is the best I could come up with. I hope it will at least prove serviceable. I'm totally braindead as of right now…

And for the matter of teachers…

Charms -- Professor Kimbal (f) A floaty, airy woman with long brown hair and deep brown eyes. She loves her job and is nice to all students. Head of Ravenclaw House

Transfiguration -- Professor Mykal (m) A rather stiff man with curly black hair and green eyes. He takes his job very seriously and takes no guff from any student. Head of Gryffendor House.

Defense Against the Dark Arts -- Professor Tilline (f) A strong woman with short blond hair and cornflower blue eyes. She really knows her stuff and wants her students to get as much practical experience as possible.\

Potions -- Professor Reil (m) A dry, reedy man who loves to push his students' limits. He is a rather dark and dreary man with greasy gray hair and intense sapphire eyes. Head of Slytherin House

Astronomy -- Professor Lunde (m) A down to earth man with dusty brown hair and hazel eyes. He is very short and teaches his lessons on a stool so he can see the back of the tower.

Care of Magical Creatures -- Professor Gildenvan (m) A strong, muscular man with short black hair and deep brown eyes that look almost black. While he doesn't have all the fancy words to describe things, he knows more about magical creatures than any of his precedors.

Herbology -- Professor Verda (f) A frizzy, orange-haired woman with bright green eyes who constantly has dirt under her nails. Her good nature makes up for the rumors that she spends all of her spare time talking to her plants. Head of Hufflepuff House

Muggle Studies -- Professor Initia (f) A lovely woman with flowing blonde hair and gentle blue eyes. She is almost the entire reason any male takes her class, but she makes them work once they're there!

History of Magic -- Professor Neek (m) Amazingly, he makes the class interesting! His hair is long, brown, and kept in a pony tail. There is a little gray covering his roots that matches his strange eyes.

Flying – Madam Nalam (f) She makes this class a good place for all to learn. She doesn't take any criticism from student to student. Her hair is long, brown, and constantly kept in a braid to keep it out of her face. She uses her sharp amber eyes to referee all the Quidditch matches as well.

Divination – Professor Hiat (m) Long blond hair and blue eyes make most girls swoon upon entering his class, but his floating, airy nature offers no room for flirting, despite his young age.

Ancient Runes – Professor Kamble (f) Long brown hair with natural golden highlights and curiously red eyes, she makes ancient runes possible to decipher, even if it's not easy!

Arithmancy – Professor Lon (m) No idea what it is? Go ahead and find out! This brown-haired, blue-eyed middle-aged man will show you what it's all about with an excited attitude!

BIC: I awoke with a start, realizing I was late. Throwing on my robes, I grabbed my book bag and dashed out the door, Trilla at my heels. I managed to get a bite to eat before having to rush off to Charms.

I took my seat in the back of the room, burying my head in the textbook. Trilla curled up at my feet, yawning as we awaited the rest of the class to appear.

Tamica giggled as she bounced to Herbology. This was perhaps one of her favorite classes. Monday morning, up bright and early, the smell of fresh air filling her nostrils. She knew full well that it wasn't the opinion most of her classmates shared, but she didn't much care.

Chiisai cooed on her shoulder as she slipped into the greenhouse. It was a wonderful smell, the smell of life in the air. That small reminder of being alive was a great way for her to start the day. She sat down and awaited her classmates.

Last edited:
    Years
  • 'Alright, I'm coming!' Rehan shouted, catching up with Lia before they ended up at the Gryffindor table for breakfast.

After a little bit of exploring, and a lot of gawking at guys, Zameena found her way to the Slytherin table, avoiding Xiu-Ting who was sitting at the very end. It didn't take her long to notice the male from yesterday...

'It's good to have friends in high places...' She thought to herself, tempted to take a seat near him, but not sure what would come of it.

'It's good to have friends in high places... It's good to have friends in high places... It's good to have friends in high places...' She continued to repeat to herself in her head.

'It's obvious that he gets along well with the other typical slytherins... A conversation won't hurt,' With that, she took a seat across from the student, finding her hand atop a muffin. The atmosphere was thick and heavy with the scent of fresh baked goods, a soothing scent. The kind anyone would want to wake up to in the morning. It took her a few moments to gather the courage to even look at the student across from her. Something about him seemed very intimidating, but she decided not to let it get to her.

She lifted her face from the table, pushing a strand of hair behind her ear, careful of not letting it tangle with the large silver hoops she was wearing, and slowly parted her glossed lips.

'-Hi.' She finally managed to say, feeling much lighter after being able to say a word. As if the word 'hi' weighed forty kilograms, and she barely managed to spit it up.

'My name's Zameena. I'm new here... thirteen, year one. I've been getting letters from Hogwarts since I was ten, but I only decided to come this year because... Well, just 'cause. I have a brother in his fifth year, he's 16, his name is Rehan, from Gryffindor...' She mentioned, not sure of how he would react. Did Gryffindor and Slytherin have a rivalry? Was the pair an odd one? She had no idea, and decided to wait for a comment, hoping that she hadn't said too much... Although she was really expecting something along the lines of; 'so what?'.

Dark Night

Years
  • "Hey Rehan! Took you long enough to get here!" I said as he finally showed up. Eon was sitting across from me. "Hey. So how do you feel, you sore at all?" he asked, with a huge smirk on his face. I kicked him under the table and muttered to him. "Don't be so rude!" I sat there eating my porridge. It's not so bad today! I finished eating it sooner than Eon, I made sure all my books were there that I needed and that my wand was accsesibale. "We have Transfiguration with the Slytherins this year." I complained. "I hate haveing classes with them!" Then I thought, Oh yeah, we'll get to see Askan! So lets see, I looked at my scedual, I've got History of Magic next.

Kalylia

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
  • I found myself wondering where Leito was. I had kept telling myself that I wouldn't let him cross my mind, that I'd be strong...

Professor Kimbal's long brown hair appeared in front of my vision. "Why the long face, dearest?"

I laughed a bit. "No reason, Professor. How was your summer?"

"Oh, the same as usual. No deaths this time around, however."

I knew she was kidding with me, and it made me giggle. Trilla smiled. She liked it when I laughed. "We're still going to do privates this year, right?"

She nodded. "Wednesdays, 8 PM. Don't be late this time around, all right?"

I smiled softly and watched her float to the back of the room, scanning the middle sections of the text book.

~Ozy~

Years
  • "Do you need something from me," I said, carefully enunciating around my mouthful of banana. I added, "Though you needn't be so nervous. So long as you do not hinder me, I will not harm you." I left the rest of the comment hanging for interpretation, then glanced at the class schedule being handed down the table. Charms looked to be first, again. Third year in a row. Interesting, though, it was a double class this time.

I said, handing the girl her schedule, "If your class is on the west end of the school, I'll show you the way."

Years
  • 'See, He isn't too mean... No need to be nervous...' She thought to herself, cautiously.

'I don't need anything from you.' She promptly said, with a soft smile. Truth was, she really just wanted to meet some people with more experience than her. She wanted to be as successful as possible, and didn't want to make the same mistakes that the other first-years do. She wanted to be ahead of the game.

'I have Defense Against the Dark Arts... I have no idea what part of the school that is... But if it is on the West end of the school, I'd be glad if you could show it to me,' she stated, acting a bit more relaxed now... Even though she really wasn't... Or at least not until she felt two hands upon her shoulders,

'BOO!' Someone shouted from behind her. Startled, Zameena quickly jumped up, only to realize that the only other person that would do something like that was Xiu-Ting.

'Ugh... Do you have to do this right now?' Zameena asked feeling irritated, turning behind her to find none other than Xiu-Ting with her hair tied up, just as she suspected.

'Yep! We probably have most--if not all-- of our classes together, skank!' She said, in an absurdly excited manner. Zameena's eyes widened, taking a glance towards the older student in front of her, as if calling for help.

'History of Magic with Ravenclaw...' Rehan muttered more to himself than anyone, raising his head to give Eon a sour look followed by a playful smile after the comment he made.

'Feel like getting ready to go?' He asked Lia, popping the last sect of an orange into his mouth.

~Ozy~

Years
  • I sighed at the antics, at the waste of energy and said, "You'll be on the floor above me. I can show you to the staircase when you're ready to leave." I felt the mentl whisper tickling the back of my mind again, whispering softly to me. It spoke of trusting others and of using them, or earning loyalty and what would break it... Of tools, all around me, ready to be picked up. Perhaps this girl was one.

Dark Night

Years
  • I saw the look Rehan gave Eon then relaxed when I saw the look after that one. I just don't want to have a fight start right now! "Looks like we get to hang out with them some more." Eon muttered. I kicked him under the table again. "Be nice, one of them's our friend. Plus they're just really competitive this year." "I know but..." I gave Eon an icy stare before he could finish his sentence.

Schoocha ran up to my leg and rammed. "Hey! Where've you been!" I scolded him. I picked him up and gave him the rest of my porridge. After he finished eating I grabbed slice of bread and started to head off. "I'm ready!" I walked off toward History of Magic Class with Eon right next to me. Really wish he'd bug off! Schoocha was in my book bag, enjoying haveing not to walk.

Years
  • Rehan walked slowly behind Lia and Eon, watching Schoocha in the book bag enjoy himself. It took a bit of travelling through the huge castle, but they made it to Professor Neek's class, finding him with his tied-up, brown hair, and his usual, interesting eyes.

'Nice to see you,' Rehan said to the Professor, taking a look at the class he was in. History of Magic was always seemed like a boring topic, but somehow, Professor Neek managed to make the class interesting. Something about him was very unique, but Rehan could never exactly put his finger on what about the professor it was that he liked so much.

Looking around, Zameena noticed that many of the students had already started to leave for their classes.

'How does now sound?' Zameena asked, trying her hardest to ignore Xiu-Ting.

Dark Night

Years
  • I stomped around playing. "Yes! We finally got here!" I said as I jokeingly huffed. I saw that Rehan was busy talking to the Proffesor so I decided to take my seat. There were Ravenclaws on one side, and Gryffindor's on the other. Great! We're split like always! "Oh boy! We get to spend more time with our best friends!" Devon said sarcastically. "Hey! Try being nice, it might actually put you in a better mood!" I replied to him as I jabbed him in the ribs. "Ow!" he yelped. "That's what you get!" I took my seat at the middle of the class. Eon was going to sit by me but another Gryffindor swooped in and stole it. Eon sat behind him. "Thanks Cam!" I whispered to Cameron. This guy is always a life saver! He was my brother's best friend. Oh man! I started welling up again. I can't start now, not in front of everyone! "It's no big deal!" he replied calmly. He came a little closer and whispered in my ear. "I'm really sorry to hear about Dan. He was a great guy!" he gave me his condolences. "Thanks! It means a lot!" I hung my head. I took Schoocha out of my bag and got my books out. I gave him a bone to chew on while I had class. He sat there very happy, enjoying his bone. I looked at him and became happeir. I smiled and looked at Proffesor Neek, he always made this class so much better!

Kalylia

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
  • OOC: RT and DarkNight... you're both fifth years, right...? Well, my fifth year character has been in Charms for the past... ever... and she's a fifth year Ravenclaw... o.o;

BIC: With a small smile, Tamica got to work on her plant. They were just weeding the Puff Pods today, nothing special. That was slightly dissapointing. But, the smell of earth and life was still all around her.

She ended up spending most of the class sitting on a small stool. She was abnormally weak this morning. Eventually, Porfessor Verda was hovering over her, asking if she needed to go to the Nurse.

She merely shrugged the Professor off. "No, Professor. I'm fine. Really."

Besides, class was almost over the way it was by then.

~~~~~~~~~~

Kids had started wandering into Charms. I took the opportunity to shrink behind my book. I was left alone, thank heavens. Usually the first few weeks of classes were the worst for me. It seemed that everyone made fun of me. Even those in my own house, occasionally.

"Look, the Bookworm's here already!" I heard a Slytherin shout.

I did my best to ignore the jeer, reminding myself that 'bookworm' was hardly the worst nickname I could earn.

Years
  • OOC: Woops, sorry about that. Let's see if we can get this RP back on its wheels... This has been sort of inactive for a while, so I'm going to skip to lunch, if no one minds >_>;, and hopefully things will pick up the pace.

IC: Zameena and Xiu Ting sat quietly at the Slytherin table with their lunch in front of them, recalling the events that had occurred during their first class, at Hogwarts, Defense against the Dark Arts.

'Wow... What a way to start out the year...'

'And professor tilline isn't much of a pushover, either...' Xiu Ting added, rubbing her head.

'Those Gryffindor girls are so annoying... Too peppy, too happy, and there was that nerdy girl with the ugly glasses, and-' Zameena quickly interrupted,

'Well I can't say I disagree... but you're not much of a perfect kid yourself,' she muffled, looking to the Gryffindor table.

'But that one with the ugly glasses looked kinda like you! I was just saying...'

'Uhh yeah, minus three years and the frizzy hair. Just 'cause she was South Asian, I bet,' Zameena quickly retalliated. The school was definately a diverse place, and she was only starting to discover what kinds of students there were. Houses didn't make much of a difference anymore, it seemed more like a label than anything.

'She was your height, maybe she's 13, too! And you have frizzy hair, too... You just straightened it today, skank!' Xiu Ting responded in an absurdly happy manner, taking a bite out of a fresh bun she was holding. Zameena couldn't help but roll her eyes, and looked around the room eagerly, wondering if Patches had been found, yet...

Dark Night

Years
  • I think that would be fine. Sorry about the mess up Nagoyaka!
    ~~~~~~~
    I sat at the Gryffindor eating my roastbeef sandwich I'd made. I gave Schoocha some of my roastbeef. He sat there eating and chewing it, happily content with the day he had. I sat there talking to Cam about what had happened this Summer. I hadn't talked to him since last year. Eon finally joined in the conversation and we all started talking. It's been a while since all of my friends have talked like this, no fighting at all. Schoocha jumped up on my lap, wanting to join in on the fun. Rehan should join in with us. I turned to Kelly and started talking to her about the classes we had had.

I finished drinking my pumpkin juice and got out my scheduel. "OH sweet! Looks like we've got Care of Magical Creatures next. I got out my book, as soon as it came out it started attacking me! "Ah! What the heck?!" I yelled. "Oi! Don't you remeber? This book your supposed to stroke the spine!" Cam told me as he grabbed and stroked the spine. He was just like Danoti, he always treated me like a little sister. Both of them were 18. I waited for everyone to finish eating, then we all went down to the grounds to head for class.

~Ozy~

Years
  • <OOC>And we're back! Sorry for the absence, visiting girlfriend. YAY! Sorry for the shortness of the post, long bus trip=no good for the brain muscle.<OOC>

"Now works well," I said. I stood brusquely and grabbed my bookbag from the floor. I turned and without another word, left the Great Hall for the west wing of the castle.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back