• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Revenant - A Pokémon Story

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    Character Sheet

Name: Jake Silver

Height: 5'6

Appearance: Jake is, in general, very shady looking. His distinguishing feature is a dark grey hooded cloak which covers most of his body. He has dark brown eyes and, although mostly covered by his hood, even darker brown hair. He has shadowy circles under his eyes all the time, emphasizing his appearance. His skin is very pale because the cloak covers his whole body. Underneath the cloak he wears a black sweatsuit. However, it is rarely seen when Jake isn't using his arms. Jake isn't really muscular at all, but makes up for it with intimidation.

Personality: Not much friendlier than his appearance. Jake's personality is more quiet than evil; he doesn't talk much except to his closest friends, and those are usually his Pokemon. Otherwise, if he feels he needs to talk, it will be sharp and abrupt. Jake acts very cold toward anyone new he meets. If he decides to associate with them, he's actually quite likeable. He tends to speak sarcastically, with a poetic twang to his voice. He is very intelligent and is an excellent strategist, but outwardly, this only shows in his vocabulary.

Background: Jake originated from Ecruteak City, a quiet town devoted to history. Growing up, he studied under Morty to learn how to train Pokemon. As such, he had excellent skill early on, since he was taught by a Gym Leader. However, at a specific point, it seemed he could learn no more from Morty; his skills seemed to have reached their max. Jake, instead, decided it was that he was now as good as the Gym Leader and needed to find new training. Under cover of darkness, he fled Ecruteak City with his Houndour to become the most powerful Trainer of all. Recently, while training, he K.O.'d a Bidoof, resulting in his being attacked by hundreds of them. He has since fled to Kanto...

Waffles or Pancakes: If I say waffles, am I accepted?

Misc: Jake's Pokeballs are black and red instead of white and red. Also, Jake isn't related to previous poster Cheryl Silver.

Pokémon Sheet:

Name:Inferno

Species: Houndoom

Personality: Inferno is extremely loyal to Jake, to the point where it is unwilling to listen to other Trainers and protects its own Trainer. It is stubborn and quiet, but turns friendly when alone with Jake. Inferno is extremely hard to knock out in a battle, because it is unwilling to give up; it doesn't stop fighting until incapable of moving.

Acquired: Inferno was Jake's first Pokemon, a Houndour that he received as a gift shortly after beginning his training with Morty. It evolved shortly after he left Ecruteak City.

Misc: Nothing, really.

Name: Scythe

Species: Weavile

Personality: Scythe is surprisingly outgoing, a rare trait in a Dark type. It is friendly with Jake, Inferno, and most random strangers. This trait gets it into messes that Jake has to clean up. Despite that, it can hold its own in battle. It is extremely aggressive when it needs to be.

Acquired: Jake took in Scythe as a young Sneasel while traveling in Sinnoh. While he was looking around Snowpoint City, it ran out of Snowpoint Temple, presumably chased by stronger Pokemon. It practically ran straight into Jake's arms, so he took it into his roster to care for it.

Misc: Nothing, really.

Name: Omen

Species: Honchkrow

Personality: Omen is rather timid compared to Jake's other Pokemon, and seems to be afraid of even the slightest pain. It is often picked on by the rest of Jake's Pokemon, so he usually keeps it out of battle.

Acquired: Jake captured Omen as a Murkrow in Eterna Forest after it lead him astray through the woods for nearly an hour. The capture wasn't much of a fight; the Murkrow almost seemed to be begging him to take it with him. Jake evolved it later when he found a Dusk Stone.

Misc: Despite its lack of confidence, Omen is incredibly strong for a Honchkrow. Even though it is relatively small, it can carry Jake quite far with Fly.

Name: Titan

Species: Tyranitar

Personality: Titan is the muscle of Jake's team. The incredibly powerful Pokemon can break through rockslides, fight off wild Pokemon, and even knock down fruit from trees by stomping the ground. However, it is slow and isn't very smart. In battles, it often has a hard time dodging and taking orders. Outside of battle, it has difficulty solving problems it causes, forcing Jake to take care of it.

Acquired: Titan was found alone on a mountain in Johto as a Larvitar, and put up quite a fight when Jake tried to capture it. It succeeded in knocking out Scythe, but Jake eventually managed to catch it. Humorously, Jake gave it the name "Titan" right after catching it. Jake and Titan went through many sessions of hard training so it could unleash the power it shows now.

Misc: Although Titan is Jake's most powerful Pokemon, he only uses it when the situation is dire.

By the way, Wafflegod, do you remember me? I don't mind if you don't, I'm just asking. I haven't been here since last October.

Last edited:

WaffleGod

Lord Sovereign
    Years
    OOC: Hah, betcha thought I wouldn't post, did ya. Well, sorry to disappoint you =P. My errands took a bit longer than I thought they would.

Anyway, first order of business:

Fallen Angel_Messiah Of Black Roses: While I'm glad you finished your profile, it just isn't good enough. Well, for the most part it's decent, but you really could add some more to your background. I understand that some people don't want to say much, to keep their character mysterious for part of the story, but please. I need more than what you're giving me =P

Porygon-Z - To be honest, I was a little on-the-fence with you. I like the profile, I like robots (Ninjas and pirates are better, though >_>), but I wasn't sure if they'd fit well with the Pokémon universe. But, I decided, "why not give it a shot." So welcome aboard =)

HoundoomOfTheDarkness: Your profiles always interest me, so this was an easy choice to make. You're in. And yes, I remember you. Quite well, actually.

On a separate note, some of you may have been reading, or been participants of my previous RP, Lord of the Snacks. Sadly, it did fall into the abyss of the internet, but if anyone's curious as to how it would've ended if it continued, feel free to PM me =)

And with that out of the way, let's get started!
    ---------------------------------------
    IC: Wow.

A young girl leaned over the western railing of Cycling Road, her shoulder-length blue hair fluttering slightly in the breeze. She, along with the raichu atop her head, started in amazement at Cinnibar Island off in the distance. The volcano at the island's center was an unmistakable landmark. Though Cheryl had been there several times, she had never spent much time on the island. Perhaps, she thought to herself, she'd drop by for a short while after her business at Viridian was done.

Behind her, dozens of cyclists whizzed by, some slowing down briefly to glance at the girl who was, for some reason, traversing the road on foot. Without any supervision, the bikers in the area would surely rough her up a bit!

Those who were heading towards Fuschia, the direction the girl came from, quickly dismissed the thought as they passed by a few bikers who had apparently been knocked unconscious; the wheels on some of their bikes still spinning. Some of the bodies lay sprawled on the ground, while others hung over the railing, in danger of falling into the sea. Nobody stopped to check up on them.

Cheryl stared out to sea for a few moments longer. Eventually, her hand made its way to the small bag she carried on her shoulder, and pulled out a small sandwhich. She tore it in half. One half she kept for herself, the other she lifted so Hector could reach it. The mouse-like critter eagerly grasped the food. "Eat up, kid," she said quietly. "We've still got some distance before we reach Viridian City, so you better eat to keep your strength up!"

"Chu~", chirped Hector in response, before turning its attention to the delicious sandwich in his hands. The small claws on his feet dug ever so slightly into Cheryl's scalp, but she hardly noticed.

She turned northwards. And so resumed the journey of the blue-haired girl with a raichu on her head.

Alana

I still love this world...
    Years
    Name: Ali-Sal Erudo

Height: 5'3"
    Appearance: Ali-Sal has a bit of a foreign look to her, at least to those in Kanto. Long dirty-blonde pulled back in a high ponytail and bright green eyes curved upwards at the corners along with light toned skin make up her general appearance. A small tattoo just above and beside her left eye is really the only unique thing about her appearance. Her attire consists of jeans faded from wear and a v-cut tanktop. Her are worn but well kept and the belt at her waste holds three odd Pokeballs. Rather than the usual red and white color, they are green all over with darker colored patterns at the top. Around her neck she wears a thin black cord with a silver pendant suspended from it and she carries a small white backpack most of the time.

Personality: Ali-Sal is incredibly cheerful and is never seen without a smile on her face. Her accent is strange to those who have never heard it before and she has a habit of talking very quickly and expecting people to understand what she said. Always optimistic and quick to jump into things without thinking, Ali-Sal bears many scars received during some adventure or other. There is a more serious side to her that comes out when it's needed but her happy go-lucky outlook on life never changes.

Background: Born and raised in the Yanta region, Ali-Sal was raised a battler, both with Pokemon and herself. She trains herself as well as her Pokemon and uses her own limits and abilities to judge her Pokemon's. Beginning her Pokemon journey at ten years of age, Ali-Sal was quick to get herself into trouble with a group of older trainers and made her first "rivals" out of them. Though she always treated them with a smile and a perky comment, they always tried their best to do her a serious injury. After competing in the Yanta League and losing, she left and began to travel to different regions to train. The last league she competed in was the Yanta League, which she decided to return to for another go. Snatching second place, she left Yanta with three select Pokemon to head to Kanto where her older sister, Sisile was traveling. Her last contact with her sister was a message from the Viridian City Pokemon Center where she suggested they meet.

Waffles or Pancakes: Pancakes, duh. XD

Misc: Ali-Sal has a fascination for things that are "unusual" aka, that sparkle, glow, make odd noises, make cute noises, look cute, or are strange and complicated.

Pokémon Sheet

Name: Red Star or Reds
    Species: Chikorita
    Personality: Reds is a Pokemon that is both easily loved and easily hated. She has a cheerful disposition and is all sunshine and candy bars most of the time. However, she has a mischievous side and loves to annoy and cause trouble when her trainer isn't looking.
    Acquired: Reds was captured when she tried to pick a fight with Ali-Sal's Yanta starter, Efreet. She bonded quickly with her trainer and usually stays outside of her Pokeball. Why she has never evolved is a mystery but Ali-Sal doesn't mind.
    Misc: Reds got her name because her eyes glow in the starlight.

Name: Wind Slicer or Slizyr
    Species: Scizor
    Personality: Slizyr is very strong and incredibly protective of his trainer. Like Ali-Sal, he's curious about things but prefers to leave the investigating up to her because of how many injuries she's managed to get.
    Acquired: Ali-Sal met Slizyr when he was still a Scyther. Trying to find the cause of the damage to some trees she'd noticed, she stumbled across the Scyther training and was impressed by its strength, thus deciding to attempt a capture. Slizyr evolved about a month before Ali-Sal met Fierie.
    Misc: Slizyr is very awkward around females of his kind.

Name: Fierce Claw or Fierie
    Species: Zangoose
    Personality: Fierie is proud and strong but also good natured. He's stubborn and also very tolerant, of his trainer at least.
    Acquired: During her travels in the Hoenn region, Ali-Sal stumbled across a wild Zangoose which was a Pokemon she had never seen before. Bursting with curiosity, she approached and was instantly attacked. It was through the quick action of Slizyr that she managed to escape with only a few bumps and bruises and to pull off a successful capture.
    Misc: Fierie's pride refuses to let him admit it, but he is very fond of his trainer and the other members of his team.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2016
    Shaden Woodsworth

It was a great day. The sun was brightly shining; the wind was softly blowing, and Shaden was comfortably sitting under the shade of a tall oak tree just on the outskirt of Pewter City. It's funny how people take for granted the simple pleasures that nature has to offer. They always complain about how hot it is, or how cold it is, or how wet it is? But when that perfect day comes around, what do those people do? They sit inside watching T.V., playing video games, or messing around on the computer. It's actually a sad sight to see. Shaden, on the other hand, absolutely loved the outdoors regardless of the weather. To him, days like this were few and like a blessing from above. That is until someone finds the need to disturb you.

I see you are enjoying yourself again. The voice sounded a bit agitated and Shaden didn't need to look to see who it was. Radiance never did like it when he took his breaks., especially when they weren't necessary. She believed that anytime spent relaxing was wasted time. Shaden wasn't even sure if the testy scyther knew how to relax.

"I think we can spare a few moment every now and then, Rad. You could use the time yourself. Buuut... if you hate it that much, I could always just put you back in your pokéball." Without look at Radiance, Shaden removed the red and white orb from his side and waved it slowly in the scyther's direction.

If you do that, you better hope that little hairball of yours can fight all your battles, because if I get back out of that thing, its next resident will be you. And don't call me Rad. Shaden couldn't help but smile as the light green scyther lifted off the ground and flew off to find something more 'productive' to do. Letting her go, Shaden focused on something more important: The disappearance of Viridian City.

It was a strange story to say the least. Towns don't just disappear. At first, Shaden had actually thought it was a very elaborate joke that people were playing. But as the reports continued to come in, it became clear that it was anything but a joke. Not having anything better to do, Shaden decided that checking out the disaster would be a good idea. Radiance had been less optimistic about the journey. The town was gone and that was that. The scyther didn't have a curious bone in her body. It was actually amusing to see her so eager to continue.

Standing up, Shaden stretched himself out and took a look at the city in front of him. Pewter City wasn't anything too special, but it did offer the ability to restock on supplies. The city also had a gym, but with the gym in Viridian gone, it made it pointless to try and collect badges. Shaden didn't have the time to stop anyways. Taking one last look at the city, Shaden decided to find Radiance and continue on. He had only taken a few steps when he heard a scream piece the air. The scream came from further up the road and sounded like it came from a kid.

"And the day was so peaceful too," Shaden said rolling his eyes. "People need to teach their kids to shut up." Shaden started off down the road towards where the scream had come from. Sticking two fingers into his mouth, he let out a high pitch whistle to let Radiance know he was moving. If the kid was in trouble, he or she better be glad they were in Shaden's way.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2013
    Prelude: Enter The Ninja Boy

It's a beautiful day today. The pidgeys are chirping, the Metapods are hardening and the berries are growing. A great day to go out and enjoy the great weather. Just over a hill in the outskirts of Pewter City a giant tree with apples can be seen, a little boy comes running towards the tree to grab some apples where there the tree suddenly shook and fell down. The tree was actually a cardboard cut-out, a ninja can be seen behind.

"Like a shadow creeping forth from the depths of night-" Joey said in a his low whisper voice trying to act mysterious where there, his sentence was cut off.

"WAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!" The boy screamed in terror.

"Like a shadow--" Joey was cut off again by more screaming.

"AHHHHHH!!!!" The boy terrorized by the Ninja Boy.

"LIKE A SHA- SHUT UP!" Joey yelled at the kid.

The kid stopped screaming. Joey glared at the kid where the boy just stared back. Joey waited if the kid was going to scream more but he didn't say anything else. Figuring it was safe to finish his sentence, he continues his speech.

"Like a sha--"

"AHHHHH!!!" The boy burst out screaming again.

"... I hate you." Joey muttered at the boy where there he could hear the footsteps of someone running to the boys rescue. Joey turned around to see a boy with black curls, taller than Joey and a lot older too. There's a Scyther next to him that is more greener than a normal one of its species.

"AHA! So reinforcements have arrived! Have fun catching something that you cannot see!" Joey told the new arrival in a sinister tone as he reached out for a smoke bomb and threw it on the ground. The bomb exploded only releasing a very small puff of white smoke. Joey just stood there, started to run around in circles and jumped into a nearby bush.

Years
    "WHY DOES THIS KEEP HAPPENING TO ME?!"

The cry came from the middle of the Viridian Forest. Almost instantaneously afterward, a cloaked figure followed by a Weavile came tearing out of the Viridian City side entrance. He was followed by about 30 angry Bidoof. "Alright Scythe. Let's take them now that we're out of the stupid forest," the boy said in a winded, raspy voice. The Weavile jumped into the path of the Bidoof. "Now. Use Ice Shard!" The Dark-type Pokemon fired chunks of ice all over the swarm of Pokemon, incredibly KOing all of them. The Trainer looked quietly pleased with his Weavile, while the Pokemon was jumping happily to celebrate its victory.

The Trainer turned around, brushing the leaves off of his cloak. "Man, I hate Bidoof," he muttered as he recalled his Weavile. Looking around, he noticed what he didn't in his rush from the forest. A ninja boy making a pathetic attempt at hiding, a short man with a very light Scyther, and... a giant hole? "They told me there was a city on the other side of the dumb forest," he complained. "What a waste of my time."

Years
    "Well that's different," Terry said wearing a confused look on his face as he looked out over the giant hole that was once Viridian City. He'd never been to Viridian City before so he could only wonder what had once stood here. Though surely out of all the stories he'd heard about the city it wasn't just a big hole in the ground. "What do you think, Kansas?" he asked his Charmeleon whom was standing next to him.

Kansas responded with a shrug. Sometimes Terry wondered if his pokémon could understand him sometimes, after all he couldn't understand them very often. Of course, now was no time for idle thoughts, a city was missing, though Terry wasn't sure what could be done about something like this. He couldn't even see the bottom of the hole, though a crowd was beginning to gather. It looked as though trainers were getting to the site faster than civilians.

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
    IC:

The young girl walked slowly down the tree-laden path of Viridian City. She listened to the cries of the small Pokémon, and watched as the morning sun started to peak over the canopies of the forest.

Next to her a small inorganic Pokémon named Porygon followed her closely, keeping it eyes set on her. Any motion she made, it followed. On her other side pranced a tiny Oddish, who seemed to be enjoying the shade that this forest provided.

"I've heard this city just vanished. No one knows what has happened to it. But I'm sure there is SOMEONE out there that knows what happened. And I'm going to figure it out. And hopefully in the process, I find out what happened to me," the girl, named Isis, said.

She eventually emerged from the haven of trees, and saw just a rolling field with nothing in sight. She had never been to Viridian City before, but from the conglomerate of people forming nearby, she was sure this was the location of the Missing City.

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
    Character Sheet

Name: Shawn Masters

Height: 5'7

Appearance: Shawn fashions a long braid of dark purple hair that end at the small of his back. His unique hair color seems to enhance the intensity of his azure eyes. He's ALWAYS wearing a black, hooded sweatshirt and it's always unzipped, showing off his usual plain, purple shirt. His loose, black jeans nearly cover his sneakers, and the only portion that's visible is the lavender designs that stretch along the base of the shoes. He's always wearing a serious expression and believes smiling or frowning is just a waste of energy. He not very strong but because of personality, people assume he's a tough guy.

Personality: As stated before, Shawn is a very serious person. He almost never jokes and thinks sarcasm is a ticket to get punched in the face. Despite this, he doesn't prefer fighting unless it's a Pokémon battle. He attempts to keep his emotions hidden but if something bad enough happens, it'll show. The only time he shows fear is when standing before a large body of water, due to past events. When around attractive females, Shawn loses his serious personality and gets pretty nervous, sometimes saying some very awkward thing.

Background: Shawn gets his personality from his very rich father and mother. In fact, he is of the richest family in his hometown, Viridian City. One stormy evening, on a cruise with his parents, Shawn fell off the ship and landed in the raging sea. He still remembers how the waves dragged his powerless body to the unforgivable depths. Although he was saved within minutes, he felt as if he spent a lifetime submerged in the ocean. Ever since, Shawn's had a fear of large bodies of water. After traveling to Pallet Town and getting his first Pokémon from Professor Oak, he returned home to tell his parent about his plan to go on a Pokémon journey. His parents however, didn't take the news lightly. They were furious and wanted their only son to become as rich and famous as they did. One night, with his one Pokémon, Shawn decided to run away from home and make his own decisions from that point on. Now nearly a year later and with seven official Pokémon League badges, he has no choice but to return to Viridian, uninformed of the previous event that had just taken place...

Waffles or Pancakes: Leggo my eggo!

Misc: Shawn doesn't like to use a lot of Pokémon and only trust the ones he got at the beginning of his journey.

Pokémon Sheet (Maximum of 3 pokémon allowed):
    Name: Buster
    Species: Charmeleon
    Personality: The exact opposite of Shawn. Buster is a very spunky Pokémon who's almost always smiling. He enjoys playing pranks on unsuspecting trainers and even fellow Pokémon. The only thing he has in common with his trainer is their fear of water.
    Acquired (How'd you get it): Shawn's starter from Professor Oak. Before Shawn actually ran away, Buster was never released from his Pokéball prison. Because of this, he walks beside Shawn and only enters his Pokéball in emergencies.
    Misc: He has blue eyes.

Name: Fritz
    Species: Vaporeon
    Personality: At times it may seem like Fritz is in love with Shawn as she immediately starts licking his cheek when she's released. That is, if their not in a battle. When it comes to fighting, Fritz is all business and would go to unimaginable heights to help Shawn win and make him happy, even if she won't notice.
    Acquired: Fritz was given to Shawn when she was a baby Eevee as a prize for scoring big at the Celadon casino. When they returned to Celadon at a later time in their journey, a water stone was thrown out the window from the Celadon mall, and hit Fritz right on head. She complains how she always wanted to be a Jolteon. Now as a water-type, Fritz trys to help Shawn cope with his fear of water.
    Misc: Nothing special about her...

Name: Scorn
    Species: Sneasel
    Personality: Scorn does things the way he likes, regardless of what Shawn tells him. He refuses to become with the rest of the team and doesn't like to be released except for battles. He only obeys Shawn when he is in serious trouble, and that's only because Scorn thinks that's a good time to test his strength. Scorn always carries a fake claw between his real claws.
    Acquired: A traveling trainer from Sinnoh abandoned poor Scorn and he was eventually found by Shawn in Saffron. He was reluctant to join Shawn at first but after seeing how seeing how much Shawn wanted a Pokémon like him for his upcoming gym battle, he decided to tag along. The fake claw he carries is the last thing he has from his previous trainer.
    Misc: Sometimes goes too far when fighting and Shawn is forced to call him back if the battle gets too serious.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2016
    Shaden Woodsworth

Shaden reached the origin of the scream rather quickly and instantly wished he hadn't. Standing in front of a screaming boy, was another boy dressed in what would best be described as a ninja outfit. While the scene was somewhat comical, it only succeeded in ticking Shaden off.

"I ran all this way for nothing," Shaden hissed between clinched teeth. "That kid needs to learn a lesson about not pissing me off." Shaden stomped quickly and angrily towards the two boy, debating on which style of punishment would be best: verbal or physical. The buzzing of wings behind him informed Shaden of Radiance's presence. As he got closer to the two boys, the ninja kid spotted him and threw some kind of smoke bomb on the ground. Unfortunately for the kid, the smoke had little effect. Shaden sighed and turned his head to Radiance.

"Get the kid out of the bushes and bring him out to me. We need to have a little talk." Radiance nodded and sped off in the direction of the bushes. With Radiance getting the ninja kid, Shaden turned his attention to the other boy. Doing his best to not scream, Shaden knelt down in front of the boy

"Alright, Kid. I want you to get out of here an…," Shaden was cut off by one of the boys screams before he could finish. Not able to control himself anymore, Shaden grabbed the kid by the shoulders, pulled him forward so they were face to face, and yelled at the kid, "WHAAAAAAAAAAAA!" The kid was so shocked that he stood with mouth open not saying a word. Looking the kid in the eyes, Shaden smiled brightly. "Now you run on home, kid, before I really give you something to scream about." The kid took off down the road without a second to waste.

Turning back to the bushes, Shaden looked for Radiance and the ninja kid.

Years
    "Wow," the cloaked Trainer said. "Anger issues anyone?" He stepped forward slightly in the older boy's direction. "I don't really know what's going on here- major or minor- but I have to say that did not look entirely necessary." He glanced in the direction of the fleeing boy. "This is a strange time for pleasantries, but ah well. My name is Jake," he said, wondering if sharing his name was really a good idea. He then turned towards the bush that the ninja boy was hiding in. "I can see you there," he said, chuckling slightly.

CodyJ

I'm wide awake, it's morning..
    Years
    Crash sat atop his Yanmega, speeding over Viridian Forest. The wings of his pokemon buzzed loudly, almost like a helicopter. Crash felt his hair move with the wind as he repositioned his hat and goggles. He turned and patted Yanni on the head, it let out a sort of purr, "We're almost there, Yanni! Just you wait." The Yanmega, to show its approval, did a barrel role in the air, craftily keeping Crash atop its back.

Upon reaching the said city, there was a sudden dissappointment. Instead of a thriving city, there was a crater! "Say what?"

Crash directed Yanmega to fly lower, to inspect this confusion. The big bug soared down towards the ground. It flew down into the hole and around it, looking for some kind of clue, only to find none. Crash looked about for something, anything, but all he found were a couple of kids standing on one end bickering. Yanmega hung a U-turn, flying directly at the kids. It hovered a bit over the ground, coming slowly to a helicopter-like landing. The bug qieted down and Crash hopped off to try to talk with the other kids.

Years
    "What a diverse group we have," Terry said, approaching the small group of people gathering near the hole. There were ninjas, bullies, and some cloaked kid who looked like the grim reaper. "What's going on here? Because I don't think you should be picking on little kids," he continued, pointing toward Shaden, commenting on his bullying the cloaked kid. It was funny that Terry talked to Shaden like that, he was only a year or so older than the "kid". Though, what had to be done, had to be done, and Terry didn't really appreciate bullies. "So, if we could just stop fighting, and get along that'd be great," he smiled.

Terry wasn't sure that it was a good idea, or if he could even take Shaden in a battle. Considering the Scyther was his, it looked pretty strong.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2013
    Laughter of a small boy could be heard all around the trainers in the forest. As the trainers looked back all they saw was a doll in a black t-shirt, Joey was nowhere to be found.

"Hahaha! Pathetic attempts cannot catch a ninja! You, the one with the dinner knife, you should be ashamed of calling yourself a ninja. Ninjas don't just walk up to groups of people and say, "Hi, I'm a ninja!" Unless that group of people are in fact ninja and it is a ninja meeting, and it's at night, and you can't see everyone else and you don't know it's actually a ninja meeting." Voice said all around them.

And then, the voice stopped speaking. There was a slight pause of silence. Something sounded weird. A Spearow could be heard crowing at something in the trees. A branch broke and Joey fell on top of Shaden.

"OW!" Joey yelped as he banged his head on Shaden's from the fall.

Walking around dizzy, Joey gave Shaden a Pokémon egg. "Here you go! As a ninja, I must give you a present. However, it shall be a present of DEATH! Hoo-ha! I take my leave!" And with that Joey ran out of the forest like there was no tomorrow.

The rest of the trainers turned to see a whole flock of Spearow flying towards them wanting their egg back. They don't look too friendly at all.

Shaydeh

Banned
    Years
    Right Behind You

(*)(IC)(*)​
    A slim, yet built figure stood over a downed cyclist, casting a remorseful gaze on the unfortunate traveller. Dude wondered what could have happened to the grounded man. He suffered from a black eye, a busted lip and a bloody nose; and these were only the damaged spots visible to the young trainer's eyes. For all he knew, the injured may have been enduring broken ribs or other internal complications. Under normal circumstances, Dude would have ruled it off as an accident, but the damage looked too deliberate. "Poor guy," Dude sighed. "Must have been mugged or something."

Perhaps he was evil for realising it, but this misfortune presented an opportunity for Dude. His mother had sent him to Viridian City to collect something for her. The sooner he got there, the sooner he could get back, and with this biker knocked out…

Dude squatted close to the cyclist's face. "Um, you don't mind if I borrow your bike, do you?" He requested in a whisper, more to conceal his actions from passing cyclists than anything else. Not even a direct shout into the man's ears would have warned him of what Dude was about to do; conveniently, for him, the biker was unconsciousness and could do nothing to decline his request. The blond-haired teen leaned against the railing, whistling a funky tune as he waited for the coast to be completely clear. Once he found the perfect chance, he lifted up the bike and hopped right on! "Thank you! I promise I'll get it back to you … er, somehow." He knew the man could not hear his words. The reassurance was more for him; it made him feel more like he was borrowing it as oppose to stealing it.

I'm not the one in the wrong here, he convinced himself as he paddled forth. To his discomfort, that lifeless body he had stumbled upon would not be the last on the cycling road. Worry began to settle within his gut as he noticed a man hanging over the railing. What in the name of King Dingdong is going on here?

Despite the occasional obstacles on the road, Dude did his best to keep at a quick pace. That was, until he saw her. He did not need to see her face to imagine she was beautiful. The girl with radiant blue hair strolled along as if all in the world was right. Perhaps she felt safe with that Raichu sitting on her head. Dude heard of having faith in one's pokémon, but could a fragile looking thing like her truly stand a chance against a mass mugger/attacker/weirdo? No way. He decided he would follow her at a safe distance, keeping watch over her just in case the offender showed up again. Then he could spring into action! And once he kicked the burglar's butt, she would definitely fall for him! Oh yeah. He could totally see it happening already.

And so he followed her. "Don't worry, I'm right behind ya," he muttered softly, knowing she would not hear it.

(*)(*)(*)​

Last edited:

WaffleGod

Lord Sovereign
    Years
    Arrival

OOC: Almost forgot about the new recruits >_>

Alana: I'm impressed. You're a good writer. And we need more girls anyway XD. Welcome!

Glajummy: I can see quite a bit of potential. Let's hope you fulfill said potential. Welcome aboard =)

IC: Cheryl plowed through several more bikers as she made her way across the bridge spanning the bay between Fuschia and the other side of Kanto. Her pace quickened as she shifted into a run, Hector running alongside her. She was nearing Viridian, and she was eager to see with her own eyes what had happened.

Having set foot on Route 17, she eyed a handful of people, trainers and ordinary civilians alike, walking northwest through the woods. Heading towards Viridian City, no doubt. The woods were dense for the most part, and the thick foliage blocked out a great deal of sunlight. As a result, the forest was dark, damp, and intimidating to those who didn't know the area. There was a steady *crunch* in the air, as Cheryl's feet crushed the fallen leaves covering the ground. In some areas of the woods, bidoofs had gnawed the trees down. Cheryl wondered why there were wild bidoofs in Kanto, but she'd worry about that later. In a single swift motion, she scooped up Hector, and sprinted through the small forest to the outskirts of Viridian. Quite a shortcut.

For a moment, she was forced to shield her eyes from the sun. Her short time in the forest had caused her eyes to adjust to the darkness, and she needed a moment to get used to the light. With that done, Hector still in her arms, she walked towards the gathering crowd.

And her jaw fell open. "This...this can't be...", she said, her voice barely above a whisper. She was standing at the edge of a massive crater, surrounded by people. "Is this really Viridian City...?"

Not being given time to take in her surroundings, her attention was immediately drawn to a sound off in the distance. Out of the corner of her eye she spotted a poorly dressed ninja bolting away from the crater. In her direct line of sight, however, was a small group of trainers, an egg, and an angry flock of spearow.

For reasons she couldn't explain, Cheryl felt compelled to help them. As if, somewhere deep down, she felt that they would be the key to unravelling the mystery behind her parents. "Let's go, Hector!" she shouted, as the mouse-like pokémon leapt from her arms. The two of them dashed towards the group, and in mid-run Cheryl withdrew a poké ball from her small, brown backpack.

"Come on out, Zephyr!" she called, as she hurled the sphere outwards. The ball bounced once, and then popped open as a stream of red light shot forth, materializing into the form of a green-tinted Dragonair. Silently, it followed alongside its trainer, hovering a few inches above the ground. Cheryl caught the poké ball in mid-air, and returned it to its home in her pack.

She was completely unaware of the odd man on the bicycle following her.

Last edited:

Alana

I still love this world...
    Years
    OOC: Thanks much. ^_^

Ali-Sal was not one to be nervous, anxious, or afraid under any circumstances. She was more likely to be curious and hyper and to plow headlong into things without thinking. However, that was not how she was acting as she walked slowly through the dense undergrowth of the Viridian Forest.

Shortly after arriving in Kanto, she had learned about the strange and sudden disappearance of one of the largest cities in the region. Had it been any other but Viridian she would have been powerfully interested and running at full pace to reach the area. Because it was Viridian, the place her sister had been, she was walking slow and doing something she didn't often do so seriously; thinking.

'Try to relax, Ali-Sal,' said a bright voice from her head. Red Star's leaf drifted over her trainer's eyes. The sweet smell emanating from it was calming and helped to clear the girl's mind.

"I'm not stressed," Ali-Sal said, continuing to walk despite having half her vision blocked by the leaf. "And I'm not worried. I am puzzled and this is strange for me. I am also curious."

'And you're anxious about Sisile. Don't worry, I'm sure she's fine. A city doesn't just disappear. It has to go somewhere.'

"Yes. And wherever it went, Sisile is not there. That is why I am not anxious. I just have this odd feeling in my chest that is causing me quite as much thought as the new location of Viridian."

'That's called worry. Surely you recognize it.'

"No," Ali-Sal said simply. She began to move faster and Red Star lifted her leaf from her trainer's face. Light was shining up ahead which indicated the end of the forest and her first glimpse of the Viridian area.

It was not what she had expected. A crater the size of...well, a city. The odd feeling in her chest tensed but she chose to ignore it and stare in wonder for a moment. Intense curiosity mixed with that odd thing called worry made her hurry up to the very edge of the crater and stare into it. What could have caused it? "I knew that the city was gone. I did not think what the city had been sitting on would be gone, too."

'Well...it kind of makes sense, logically. There's lots of pipes and tunnels that lie beneath cities.'

"True, true." Out of the corner of her eye, Ali-Sal caught site of a girl with vivid blue hair moving quickly towards a small group of people being dive bombed by a flock of angry..."What was that species called again?"

'Spearow, I believe. They're rare in Yanta.'

"Ah, yes. The fierce little birds. Didn't one of them once try to peck out my eyeballs in Hoenn?"

'I believe it was a Spearow, yes.'

They stood for a moment, contemplating their knowledge of the species, then Ali-Sal hurried off after the girl with blue hair. She'd help out the trainer's in trouble if she could but she also wanted to study the Spearow that were attacking them.

Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2016
    Shaden Woodsworth

Doesn't anyone dress normal these days? The entrance of the new trainer only worsened Shaden's already bad mood. A ninja kid taunting him was bad enough, now a Goth kid felt the need to critique his handling of small children.

"Well forgive me, Mr. Emo. Next time there is a little kid in a dangerous forest being harassed by some dork in a ninja outfit, I will be sure to be polite when I tell him or her to get their little butt home." Shaden turned away from the boy and went back to looking for the ninja boy. All he was able to find, however, was a doll in a black shirt. The doll was soon sent flying through the air by a kick from Shaden. That's when the voices started echoing through the forest.

"Hahaha! Pathetic attempts cannot catch a ninja! You, the one with the dinner knife, you should be ashamed of calling yourself a ninja. Ninjas don't just walk up to groups of people and say, "Hi, I'm a ninja!" Unless that group of people are in fact ninja and it is a ninja meeting, and it's at night, and you can't see everyone else and you don't know it's actually a ninja meeting." Shaden sighed and shook his head. The kid was an idiot: a very quick idiot but an idiot none-the-less. The rustle of bird in the tree and the crack of a branch caught Shaden's attention. Looking up, he was greeting by the face of the falling kid. A very painful and confusion second later, the kid was running away, Shaden had a headache and was holding an egg, and a flock of Spearow where flying angrily out of the tree.

"You will pay for that one, kid." Getting a good grip of the egg, Shaden launched it at the fleeing boy in hopes of a miracle. As the egg flew, Shaden quickly called out to Radiance. "RAD, follow that brat and make sure he doesn't get away. I don't care what you do, just bring him back."

Radiance blew past Shaden in a blur in pursuit of the kid. He won't get away this time. As Radiance flew by, Shaden grabbed his other pokéball and release Clydesdale. The Mankey jumped around energetically and turned to Shaden for instruction.

What do you need me to do? Pointing to the incoming winged pokémon, Shaden ordered, "Focus Energy and then attack with Furry Swipes" The monkey like fighting pokémon jumped with joy and instantly began focusing his energy for the attack.

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
    OOC: Thanks a lot WaffleGod, I'll try my best!

IC: The tail of a red lizard swung freely, its flame tip nearly burning the nearby human.

"HEY, WATCH IT BUSTER!" Shawn shouted at his companion.

'Calm down Shawny! It was a mistake... or was it' the Charmeleon replied, a menacing grin glued on his face. Shawn just shot him an annoyed look and dropped the conversation. He and his Charmeleon were on their way back home. Back to Viridian city. Shawn was anxious to get in and out of the city quickly, praying that he doesn't run into his parents. Unlike most trainers, Shawn was approaching from the west. He tried to get into the Pokémon League without getting his final badge, but was quickly turned down. He'd do anything to stay away from Viridian.

Finally, the two came across a sign stating: WELCOME TO VIRIDIAN CITY! Shawn's expressionless face caught a slight smile and without warning, he jolted for his hometown, his lavender hair flowing feet behind him. Buster simply sighed and followed his trainer. He was too fond of the city. About five minutes after their take-off, Buster noticed that Shawn had stopped running.

'Why'd you stopped Shaw-' Buster stopped his sentence there when he saw the enormous crater before them. Everything was gone. The houses, the Pokémon, the people- all gone. Well, most of the people anyway. A group of what seemed to be trainers were arguing as a flock of large birds advanced toward them. A girl aboard an oddly colored Dragonite was flying in the direction of the trainers, followed by a girl with a Chikorita and an exhausted man riding a bike.

'Awesome! Two cute girls in one area!' Buster cheered, unfazed by the fate that had befallen the city. Shawn, on the other hand, wasn't so happy.

"Shut up Buster! My home... the gym... their gone. I didn't like my parents but... Come on! We've gotta find out what happened." Shawn instructed, running in the same direction as the two girls. He had no intention of helping the group and just wanted some answers. As they ran, the pair noticed a weird looking ninja boy being chased by a Scyther.

'Bleh... Bug Pokémon. They'll be the death of us all...' Buster mumbled.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back