• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Theory] Reverse Timeline

Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2015
    So while playing Omega Ruby, I realized something. It's said that in the past there were a lot more Pokemon right? So think on this! With every new(not remake), more Pokemon are added. Could this mean that the games are in a reverse timeline? Maybe the mega bracelets disappeared over time, lost to the past, and thats why in Pokemon Origins, there are only a few, as opposed to lots of people having one. More mega Pokemon mean more Pokemon right?
    Thoughts?

PkmnTrainerN3

Or you can call me N or orange or noah, I have a l
    Years
  • That's a pretty good theory you got there! I have another theory about there being more Pokémon in the past. My theory is that there were a lot of Pokémon in the past, but when AZ fired his laser thing, it destroyed most Pokémon (I think) Which would be the reason there is less Pokémon. The reverse timeline still could be a thing. Sounds reasonable.

Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2015
    Yeah the AZ later theory makes sense, because the games all together couldn't be that far apart chronilogically, so the later would get rid of them fast.

Years
  • In XY, if I'm not wrong, it is said that there was a lot of species before, and it says that a lot of them disappeared with the war and AZ's weapon.

Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2015
    OK UPDATE: I just started the Delta episode(my how time flies), and the Devon corp owner, Mr. Stone or whatever, starts up about how a giant super-laser destroyed a bunch of Pokemon, and Deoxys has something to do with it, and Deoxys's pokedex entry talks about how he was created by a huge super-laser! Wanna guess how many years ago this happened? 3,000. Conveniently exactly when the war happened and AZ used a...SUPER-LASER!

Back