• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Reward based on obtained Pokemon

Years
    • Seen Dec 12, 2022
    Hey, I'm trying to figure out how to reward the player with items/allowing them to move on through the game by reaching certain numbers of caught Pokemon. For example, part of the game is researching Pokemon of the region, so the player can't leave the first area until they've obtained, say, 15 Pokemon.

I haven't been able to figure out the script that makes this work, though. I've read the wiki page on the Pokedex but I haven't worked out what I'm supposed to do with the function related to obtained Pokemon ($Trainer.pokedexOwned(dex)) to get it to work how I want.

I've gotten the hang of making most events, but I'm still pretty new to making games/scripting in general, so I appreciate any help!

Back