• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rex Rgis Vir

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
Years
(Okay I know the name doesn't make sense, well that is a major part of the story, the name is Latin, and means 'King's Man'.)

This fan-fic is based on Arthurian, though is not limited by them, so you will see old characters used in new ways. Also; if you are not for reading about murder, incest, drinking, and all around bad behavior do NOT read this, it is not for you...

Well, without further adieu, here is the Prologue.

PROLOGUE
~~~~~~~

Two men, one young; one old, one throned; one kneeling, one kingdom... Together they hold the weight of both the past and the future on their shoulders...

"Is the deed done?" the young man asked, the question resounding eerily in the vaulted chamber.

"Yes m'lord King... It has been as you commanded... But I believe that you are perhaps overreacting-"

"Merlyn!" the young man found himself standing at this outburst and had to compose himself before elaborating. "Merlyn... my dear old friend..." at this he forced himself to again place himself upon the hard stone surface so unjustly named the throne. "You yourself told me of the prophetess which uttered those words... What were they again, Merlyn?" the young man asked mockingly.

Merlyn found himself becoming enraged, but his face betrayed none of this to his king. "The prophetess said 'Upon May Day born will be thy undoing. The squealing shall from you take this Kingdom, which thou hath bring into being, and will be they Kingdom's Scourge...', but Arthur... I didn't tell you expecting you to take such drastic measures..."

"I didn't plan them, but in recent weeks I've had misgivings, and it occured to me that it would be better to take these measures than lose my kingdom. And don't argue with me Merlyn, it has been done, and nothing can change that!"

Merlyn didn't wait for Arthur to dismiss him, he took his final statement as a dismissal, and heard no complaints from Arthur...

Merdan had not caught a single fish that day, and as such, decided he might better find fish on the other side of the beach. As he settled his equipment, and made ready to cast his line, he heard a high pitched whine from the edge of the water. Highly curious, and slightly perturbed, Merdan walked along the shore watching for the source of the mysterious noise.

Mere moments after leaving his selected fishing spot Merdan found the whine's source. There, partially buried in the sand at the shore was, to his disbelieving eyes, a newborn baby! He quickly gathered his belongings and hurried to the isolated hut which was his and his wife's.

His wife, Ann, was immensely happy with the young baby, and immediately made the baby as if he were her own child. The couple named the baby, after a great-uncle of Merdan's, Mordred...

Back