• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Riddle Me this

Kairyu

speedy digital tablet artist
Years
  • For Rifted's riddle:
    A military funeral was in progress, and rifles were fired in the air to commemorate his honor. I dunno:P.

I'm in the mood to post a riddle, solve it if you can.

"Two mothers and their two daughters were fishing. They managed to catch one bass, one catfish, and one perch. Since only three fish were caught, how is it possible that they each took home a fish?"

Yamichu

o.O;
    Years
    • Age 119
    • Seen May 21, 2004
    After reading Kairyu's riddle many times I have some to da conclusion that my head hurts...
    Maybe....one of dem got eated by da fish! lol. ok I know that's wrong...I suck at this kinda thing...
    Maybe they caught a bird perch!
    Ok....that's enough from me....my brain wasn't built to cope with this kinda thing...

~HORN!

John Denver

Banned
    Years
  • it's the way the riddle is said, for Kairyu I mean...

There is a daughter, her mother, and her grandmother...two mothers and two daughters! Since there's only 3 people they caught 3 fish...

MY GO!

Bill bets Gary $100 that he can guess the score of the hockey game before the game starts. Gary accepts. Bill says the score will be 0-0, and he's right! How could Bill have known this?

Boooo YA!?

Rifted

Let's positive thinking!
    Years
  • Kairyu said:
    For Rifted's riddle:
    A military funeral was in progress, and rifles were fired in the air to commemorate his honor. I dunno:P.

Right!

Dakota said:
    Bill bets Gary $100 that he can guess the score of the hockey game before the game starts. Gary accepts. Bill says the score will be 0-0, and he's right! How could Bill have known this?

Bill is a police officer and knows that one of the opposing teams will get busted for steroid usage before the game starts. =P

Ah well. It's a possibility. x]

Last edited:

Kairyu

Years
  • Dakota said:
    it's the way the riddle is said, for Kairyu I mean...

There is a daughter, her mother, and her grandmother...two mothers and two daughters! Since there's only 3 people they caught 3 fish...

MY GO!

Boooo YA!?
    Yup! Basically the mother is a daughter as well. Therefor, everyone caught a fish.

And to answer your current riddle:
    Gary says he can guess the score of the game before it starts, which is always a score of zero to zero, lol. I hope I'm right :laugh: .

My favorite kind of riddles:
    In a 3 way junction there is a house in which there are 2 brothers. Elder one always tell the TRUTH and the younger one alway LIE. Here a man comes from one road and wanted to go for a particular city (say city A) and he don't know which way to take out of the two. He knows that in that house there are 2 brothers who always made TRUE and FALSE statements but he doesn't know who is who. At one time there is one one brother at home. The traveller asks only one question from one of the brothers who is there at that moment and chooses the correct way for his destination. What is that question and whats the road he chooses?

Kairyu

Years
  • Of course he'll want to choose the correct road XD.

Technically, you're absolutly correct! He does it by asking:
    If your brother is here instead of you what would he say for the question, "What is the correct way to city A" ? Then he chooses the other road whatever the brother say.

Looks like my riddles are too easy x_X... I'll post one more, but this one is probably too easy for you as well. But we'll see:

Often talked of, never seen,
    Ever coming, never been,
    Daily looked for, never here,
    Still approaching, coming near.
    Thousands for its visit wait
    But alas for their fate,
    Tho' they expect me to appear,
    They will never find me here.

Kairyu

Years
  • The Evil One said:
    Is it Time? If so, then I kick ***
    If you did indeed kicked *** then you've completely missed it becuase you are wrong! Hehe. But please, try again if you'd like to.

Kairyu

Years
  • We look for Death? No, at least I wouldn't want to...
    I am sorry but that is incorrect. Would you like to buy a vowel? lol.

ack we're on the next page already, hmm I'll repost my riddle again so others won't have go back to read it.

Often talked of, never seen,
    Ever coming, never been,
    Daily looked for, never here,
    Still approaching, coming near.
    Thousands for its visit wait
    But alas for their fate,
    Tho' they expect me to appear,
    They will never find me here.

Its not Death, nor is it Time itself. Both are good answers and close too but keep trying..

Kairyu

Years
  • Future eh? Hmm... I'll give you that one, the exact answer I was looking for was "tomorrow." NOW, lets move on to a hard riddle.. mwuhahaha...

A pirate ship captures a treasure of 1000 golden coins. The treasure has to be split among the 5 pirates: A, B, C, D, and E in order of rank. The pirates have the following important characteristics:
    Infinitely smart.
    Bloodthirsty.
    Greedy.
    Democratic.
    Starting with the lowest ranking pirate (E), each pirate in inverse rank order can make a proposal how to split up the treasure. This proposal can either be accepted or the pirate is thrown overboard. A proposal is accepted if and only if a majority of the pirates agrees on it.

What proposal should pirate E make?

Solve this (without cheating!) within 10 minutes of reading this and I'll.. I'll say you're definitely smarter than me ; _ ;. Good luck!

Kairyu

Years
  • I'm sure that method could also work but no. That'll land you better chances in shark infested waters anyway, lol. On top of that the answer is rather complicated when explained, which I have a feeling I may be doing that in a few posts if no one can figure this out.

Kairyu

Years
  • Dakota said:
    everyone get's 200 pieces...nice and simple :D

gimme a BOO ya!
    Sorry, 'fraid its not THAT simple. I'll let this go till tomorrow (my time. Which is roughly 13 hours from now as I post this.)
    Oh come on, there's gotta be someone here smart enough answer this, isn't there?

Back