• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Risk! Best Memories

Reck

?????
Years
    • Age 29
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jul 22, 2016
    I would like to think that most of you have heard of the strategic board game called Risk. Those of you that have played Risk have probably experienced the way it is able to stir-up intense rivalries and hate that can ensue for hours because someone takes away your continent bonus.

So, allow me to ask, what are some of your favorite memories from this classic board game?

Mine would have to be when I had nearly 70 troops on Central America because my opponent in South America thought it would be an awesome idea to continuously build up troops on Venezuela which in-turn caused my other boarders to be easily blown through by a small amount of troops. Note: I was wiped out by someone who managed to gain all of Asia somehow >:(

So what are your memories of this game? If you've never played this game I strongly suggest trying it. It is awesome, to say the least.

Years
  • The best game I can remember was one where I had Australia and was just sitting there the whole game, slowly building up my strength. Eventually someone else took over the rest of the world, but it took them forever to beat me because I kept getting high dice rolls.

TornZero

Resident Yuri-ism Cult Leader
    Years
  • I hoarded everything on Australia in one good match, too. I only lost to my older brother, shortly after we thoroughly wiped out my dad and uncle, because he was doing a similar tactic with southern South America. We went offensive at the same time and decided to meet in the middle, and he ultimately had the better dice rolls.

That's still nothing compared to Monopoly. My parents say I take too much after my grandmother, but that's a story for another thread.

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 12, 2018
    Most of my memories of risk generally boil down to hoarding on one continent until the end of the game, though my main memory is that we played this while slacking off of Computer Programming class. Oh, and this was before the new version changed the rules on exchanging cards for troops.

Years
  • Oh, and this was before the new version changed the rules on exchanging cards for troops.

That rule gets changed way too often.

My cousin and I often used to go at it in 1v1 matches, and no one wanted to play with the two of us because we were so much more skilled at it than they were, knowing which continents to go for and all that. We had a tendency to go after Australia and South America, since our matches were generally very close until one of us managed to get the upper-hand with a continent or two, with those supposed to be the easiest to get and defend.

Icεy

PokeDimension Founder
    Years
  • It's like a portable Civilization :P
    My best memories are keeping strongholds on the borders between continents and massively overpowering my rivals on each side! Mwaha!

Back