• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rivals Challenge

yuki3056

Grass Types own
    Years
    Hello welcome to the Rivals Challenge have you ever wanted to do a challenge with a more competitive side without it being the first few to post are likely to win? Well if you have you have come to the right place!

What you have to have:
    -A DS
    -Access to Wi-Fi
    -A copy of Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, Heart Gold, Soul Silver, Black, or White
    -Time to battle
    -Sportsmanship
    -FUN

Ok so the rules in a nutshell are you sign up for the competition and state which game you will be playing and others will post if they post within the same region you can potentially be paired up. After you are paired up you can begin your challenge. The challenge is you must battle with your ingame teams after every badge, and after the E4 for a total of 9 battles. You get one point for a loss two for a draw and three for a win. At the end of the challenge the one who has the most points is declared the winner!!! Now to keep the battles fair you must agree on a "level cap" for each battle in other words you must agree "we can't be over level x after the first gym" setting up the times to battle should be done in PM not on the thread to prevent clutter. That being said the updates should only be of your battles and the update of the battles can be done in any format. Also the groups can be Duos or Trios your choice which you want to be in.

Now for the rules of the battles:
    -All pokemon must be within the agreed upon level cap
    -You are only allowed 3 substitutions a battle so use them wisely
    -The battle can be any format but at least one must NOT be a single battle. In other words at least one needs to be a double battle in 4th gen. In 5th gen TWO must be something other than a single battle, one being a double and the other triple or rotation. It is up to your group which battle is the non-single battle.
    -No hacked stats, movesets, or held items obviously
    -No trading pokemon to another game and giving them awesome TM's
    -No trading over awesome held items from another game
    -(edit) I will be allowing one trade per person be it for trade evolution, trading over an egg, or trading in a pokemon

Ok and finally the sign-up form:
    Name:
    Game(s) you are willing to participate in:
    Duo or Trio:
    A short introduction of yourself relating to pokemon:
    Any people you prefer to be grouped with who have already signed up:
    Any people you prefer NOT to be grouped with who have already signed up:
    Last but certainly not least, this a promise to play fair to accept that?:

So I hope to get plenty of sign-ups quickly so we can begin soon!!!!

Current players NOT in a group:
    NONE

Curent groups:
    B/W Trio 1: Yuki3056(white) 6 points, Lezza(white) 4 points, PsychoJigglypuff(black) 2 points

Name: Yuki3056
    Game(s) you are willing to participate in: White (only one I have Wi-Fi for)
    Duo or Trio: Trio but I will be in a Duo if necessary
    A short introduction of yourself relating to pokemon: I have been playing pokemon for as long as I can remember and as I have played each new gen I have found more reasons to love pokemon it never fails I will probably never stop loving pokemon.
    Any people you prefer to be grouped with who have already signed up: No one I am the first to sign-up.
    Any people you prefer NOT to be grouped with who have already signed up: That Yuki character he scares me.
    Last but certainly not least, this a promise to play fair to accept that?: Of course I do!!!

Last edited:

Lezza

The Guy who loves Braviarys
    Years
    Name:Lezza
    Game(s) you are willing to participate in:White
    Duo or Trio:I can go with you if you want
    A short introduction of yourself relating to pokemon:I think(I cant remember) I played pokemon ages ago, but I stop playing for like 5 years until when I saw The pokemon Diamond and Pearl adverts and thought, that looks cool, and I've played since.
    Any people you prefer to be grouped with who have already signed up:No
    Any people you prefer NOT to be grouped with who have already signed up:No
    Last but certainly not least, this a promise to play fair to accept that?: Yes.

BTW: Can we trade over eggs, like one per gym.

yuki3056

Grass Types own
    Years
    I have edited the rules to address your question also do you want to be a duo or wait for a third person?

yuki3056

Grass Types own
    Years
    that's fine we can wait for a third I have an extra copy of white so my main one can be played so no sweat

Lezza

Years
    I've already planned my team, and can I use a Drought Vulpix?
    What is your Local time at the moment?

Last edited:

yuki3056

Grass Types own
    Years
    Idk that seems a little over the top for an ingame team but I am not sure if it contradicts any of my rules haha

PsychoJigglypuff

Crazy and Loving It!
    Years
    Name: PsychoJigglypuff
    Game(s) you are willing to participate in: Black or Platinum
    Duo or Trio: No preference.
    A short introduction of yourself relating to pokemon: I've been playing since Pokémon Silver came out, and have played every main game since then, and almost every spin-off.
    Any people you prefer to be grouped with who have already signed up: Nope
    Any people you prefer NOT to be grouped with who have already signed up: Nope
    Last but certainly not least, this a promise to play fair to accept that?: Yep c:

Lezza

Years
    PsychoJigglypuff, Do you want to be with us?
    I have a tough decision, Do I want a Musharna early on with psybeam or do I wait till Lv.37 for Psychic? ...

Lezza

Years
    I have chosen Oshawott!
    Yeah I think Ill wait till psychic. Or do you just want a weaker pokemon for longer...
    Also I got a Stupid Adamant Oshawott, Guess its gonna be physical...
    and I nicknamed it Cautley- The Highest Waterfall (Cause its gonna learn Waterfall)In England

Last edited:

yuki3056

Grass Types own
    Years
    Aww I wanted Tepig haha anyways wooo we officially have a group!!!

We need to find a fair way to decide starters since we are a trio haha

PsychoJigglypuff

Crazy and Loving It!
    Years
    Well I don't really care too much what starter I get, since I'll probably end up replacing it. The only problem is 5/6 of my planned final team, I'll end up getting after the third gym. xD

EDIT: Hey, would it be reasonable to trade over a Golett early on, since they aren't available until after the seventh Gym? Not too early, of course.

Last edited:

yuki3056

Grass Types own
    Years
    Ok I will start... Thank you for Tepig :)

EDIT: Btw what will our gym 1 level cap be and how many pokemon for the first battle?

Last edited:
    Back