• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Rivals on B/W

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
Years
  • I always thought of Bianca as more of a friend than a rival and it's not like she was really competing with you. I was disappointed with Cheren since he clearly seemed like he was meant to be your rival but I started getting pissed off at the way I was getting beaten by the gym leaders. Then after finally beating the gym leader *cough* Lenora *cough* I end up fighting him and he's 5 levels below said gym leader.

SuperSaiyanII

Cool Story Bro!!
    Years
  • I don't really have a lot of respect for the rivals of this generation because they are way too sentimental for me but I guess that does make them more "humanlike" instead of having a "screw everybody, I just wanna be champion" attitude like my favorite rivals blue and silver did. Overall, I like them a little because they seem like real friends but battling them is almost as boring as listening to them ramble through their extensive dialogue.

Roughneck Tom

The dawn of a new champion....
    Years
  • Enjoy battling your rivals man , they are a good source of EXP points . Just stick to the basics and you will be defeating them in no time

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

I think the rivals in well, in every game a matter of fact, are sinchy pinchy. The game should really have difficulty settings.

Dark Piplup

This user title is original
    Years
  • The rivals were very easy to me. Except when trying to use certain Pokemon to train on Cheren in Victory Road. Cheren was harder than Bianca I noticed.

Somni

Robot Assassin
    Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2016
    I actually enjoyed them. I thought it was cool having that archetypal trio friendship. Although at one point I was annoyed at how frequently I had to battle Cheren even though usually we get an option not to. Sometimes I press the A button so much that it quickly accepts the challenge lol

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
    Years
  • Both my rivals were easy, all times. :|
    And their music is awesome as well. :3

moonlightning

Bird Of Thunder
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2019
    I loved how often they recurred they made the kind of "trainer that progressed alongside you" that I really wanted in a Pokemon game. Now if only you could catch them walking around towns or in routes with their own A.I and if their teams were modified to counter yours. . .

smurf

Veteran Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2015
    i love the fact of habeing two rivals now saying that i like cherns character but biancas sucked

phonastik

Strange Quark
    Years
  • Cheren was really annoying, talking all high and mighty even though I kicked his butt every single time.
    And Bianca's just dumb. I'm doing a nuzlocke and in the first battle her snivy got a crit tackle against my tepig. I thought 'Crap, there goes my challenge', but then she just spammed leer and I beat her. Idiot.

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2012
    I can't stand one of the rivals in this game! To be fair, I never really played B&W so I can't judge their difficulty, etc. but I have seen a few videos.

Cheren does seem a little cold, but he isn't NEARLY as annoying as what'shisnamewiththeblondehair was in Pokemon Diamond....always running into people lol. But I really do hate Bianca. Her character is just very irritating to me and I personally think her sprite looks completely ridiculous. She looks like one of those wealthy trainers hanging out by DPPt Pokemon Mansion....

Nephilim

Resounding Sounds.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2012
    The rivals were okay-ish in my opinion, I suppose they were made to resemble your standard best-friendish type of thing this generation. Cheren is the type of person that takes everything super literally, though I guess it makes sense at the same time because he's that kind of guy that strives to be the best trainer(though I wish he would lighten up sometimes).

Bianca is the opposite of Cheren. She's pretty modest, but as soon as she keeps losing to you, she kinda puts herself down as a trainer and thinks she might not get as far battle experience-wise like the main character and Cheren and whatnot.

Otherwise, they didn't really leave a lasting impact on me, but they were okay as rival-ish friends and stuff.

Back