• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

RM2K/3 Pokemon Battle System

Are you planning on using the battle sys in your game?

• Yes

Votes: 88 61.5%
  • No

Votes: 23 16.1%
  • Not sure yet...

Votes: 21 14.7%
  • I don't care

Votes: 11 7.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Daegon_Kimeron said:
    Krazy, you're leaving PC? Does that mean you won't post at all? Or you
    just don't have time to help with the group project? Will you still be here
    at Oct 9th?

Sorry for all the questions. It's been a while since I've logged on.
    I should be here.. But I'm leaving around that time.. Why? I have to work up a bit of money before I move out..
    Yes I'm leaving PC but I will come by every now and then if possible..

I also have more news.. I will be participating in the game making competition proposed by DarkMage31 and I will try to make the best game I have ever made before I leave.. Sort of like a parting gift-type thing.. Should be fun.. I have a few ideas and I'm already working on it.. Can't give away any details yet because it's a competition and I don't want anyone else having similar ideas.. I want to take rm2k3 to a new level of gaming :P

Last edited:
    Years
  • DarkMage31 said:
    who doesn't ;)

Anyway, don't you think the competition should have a theme? Like everyone has to try and make the best _______ game. Or should it be open?
    Well I was planning on making a pokemon game.. That is what we're all best at isn't it?

Barry

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2018
    Ehh?

Barry said:
    Well I really don't understand but I have a question. Will it still be the same as it is in RM2K3 defaults battle systems (where there isn't one person attacking at a time, it's attack whenever you can).

Or will it be like the Pokemon games where you alternate in turns.

?

O_o I left a question.. ???? Do you even know the answer?

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
    Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    Yes I'm leaving PC but I will come by every now and then if possible..

That's good to hear. If I manage to get time, I'll make a game as well. Maybe just a short mini game with small amounts of fun and laughter.

Sorye HK

Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    Yes. I believe that the project is still active. Everyone's just busy with there
    different things lately.

Years
  • I am still slowly programming the battle system... But it's just a bit hard juggling everything, you know? Work/battle sys/game for competition/sprites/moving out/car-related things @_@.
    And I wanna go out and have a bit of fun with my mates.. There are a lot of birthdays comming up and you know what that means *drinkie drinkie* :D

Years
  • Krazy_Meerkat said:
    And I wanna go out and have a bit of fun with my mates.. There are a lot of birthdays comming up and you know what that means *drinkie drinkie* :D
    in a polish forum, i could say something like this:"I jeszcze jeden i jeszcze raz..!" :D
    Anyway, i hope that you will succesfuly complete the CBS and have some drinking :D

Years
  • MatiZ Master said:
    in a polish forum, i could say something like this:"I jeszcze jeden i jeszcze raz..!" :D
    Anyway, i hope that you will succesfuly complete the CBS and have some drinking :D
    Wha..?
    Anyway I have finished another section of the bag now and added some coding for in-battle stuff.. Like when you press the cancel button in the bag and I need to show the pictures again.. And also that bit where Oak says: you can't use that here
    Lol for a person who hates doing picture-related things I really picked the wrong project to work on :P
    Well I only have to finish the berry part of the bag and key items then maybe little demo is possible once I test everything completely.. Also I haven't used a PP system in the game yet (for pokemon's moves) Maybe there is a formula do derive it from HP/level/attack... I will play r/s after work and work out how the PP system revolves around those three and if I can develop a formula for it..
    I also need to add a few more items to the same part of the bag to check if My scrolling event works.. And to show everyone how the item system works with added items etc..
    The way I have it now.. When you add a pokeball item you have to increase [var 0000: pokeball position 1] to howevermany of the pokeballs you want.. That variable will be solely used for pokeballs -no questions asked-.. If you want to add an item, use [var 0001: pokeball position 2] and make that your new item.. (There are more steps but I won't get into that right now...)

Right.. I think that's all that needs to be explained.. I have started on the berry part but I can't find the god**** berry which is for HP on my Ruby rom lol :laugh:... I don't remember the name/description of it.. I am using the Leppa berry now (which is for PP :sleeping: ) So.. I need to do some working out to figure out how PP is calculated

Toothache

Deepsea Toothache
    Years
  • PP is basically fixed for each move. Tackle always has 40 PP, and Hyper Beam has always 5 PP. No need for huge calculations. Also, you can increase PP by using PP Up, adding 20% to the max PP, for each PP Up used - maximum of 3, maxing a 60% bonus to the normal base PP.

Unless you're facing something with Pressure, you lose PP by 1 for every time you use that move. Pressure doubles the cost.

Years
  • Toothache said:
    PP is basically fixed for each move. Tackle always has 40 PP, and Hyper Beam has always 5 PP. No need for huge calculations. Also, you can increase PP by using PP Up, adding 20% to the max PP, for each PP Up used - maximum of 3, maxing a 60% bonus to the normal base PP.

Unless you're facing something with Pressure, you lose PP by 1 for every time you use that move. Pressure doubles the cost.
    Thanks man.. I will find some way to work that in without too much coding..

Years
  • Toothache said:
    No worries, just trying to do what I can while I learn how to code properly in RM2k. Teaching yourself is a slow process, but I'm getting there
    It may be slow but it's the best method.

Anyway.. No updates on the whole berry thing, I am trying to work out what I will do first.. Leppa berry or PP system.. I think the berry will be quicker and I will program it's effects after the PP system. I am still wondering if I should include the pokedex in the second release of the battle system.. It is pretty basic, Unless I had access to the screen it takes you to (after you selected your pokemon) then I probably wouldn't.
    Well that's all for now.. I will post some other time this morning

Illusion

RMXP game maker
    Years
    • Seen Oct 17, 2011
    I am contributing my pokedex to the Pokemon menu system and hope it will help you a lot!
    P.S: The events must have a condition otherwise you will be able to see the Pokemon even if you haven't seen him!
    thread
    And the pokedex:
    click

Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2006
    wow its been a while since ive been here and this topic just flew by in pages...well sadly, my comp crashed and i lost all my rpg files, including the rpg maker itself. However its not the end of the world!

But i'm here just to see how its going! So, how is this project going?

Sorye HK

Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    I'm sure Krazy and the other members are working hard so don't rush them.
    After the basic systems are done, maps, characters will be done.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back