• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

RM2K/3 Pokemon Battle System

Are you planning on using the battle sys in your game?

• Yes

Votes: 88 61.5%
  • No

Votes: 23 16.1%
  • Not sure yet...

Votes: 21 14.7%
  • I don't care

Votes: 11 7.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Well I use the variables to store information about pokemon (when you recieve one etc.)
    then I use the conditional branch to do something based on the information in those variables. I would suggest having a look at one of the old releases and editing it a bit before trying to help me on this.. As far as I know, a pokemon cbs is more difficult than a regular one..
    I appreciate the offer though, perhaps after a bit of learning you might be able to help me :)

Years
    • Seen Feb 28, 2012
    ok, i am not saying i cant do it i am saying i have never tried, but i do understand everything you just said so i still want to help

Years
  • Alright, you should still download the old cbs release and open it up to see how it works. Once you feel comfortable with the coding then we will see what happens...

Years
    • Seen Feb 28, 2012
    how do i put it in? can you send me the project file so it is easyer to upload in rpg maker

Years
    • Seen Feb 28, 2012
    ok, i understand it now, is there any way to put it into rmxp? as Pokemon 2 is in rpg maker xp and i need a cbs and a cms

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 29, 2007
    How's this coming? I like to know how it works. I have my own pokemon battle system but it is a little weird. You like store all the players pokemon details in loads of seperate variables and stuff. Does it really take that many variables for this too.

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
    Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    How's this coming? I like to know how it works. I have my own pokemon battle system but it is a little weird. You like store all the players pokemon details in loads of seperate variables and stuff. Does it really take that many variables for this too.
    I guess it is basically, but we're trying to find ways to save variables for example the variable splitting method.

SO whens the next release.
    Now, that's a bit rude. Krazy will post when he's ready.

Years
  • rm2kdude said:
    SO whens the next release.
    I thought you had made "your own" battle system.

Anyway I have been very very busy and haven't had a chance to work on it at all.. The CBS is extremely buggy at the moment and won't be ready for a release in a long time..

Last edited:

BlackCharizard

Black Charizard
    Years
  • Its a good idea. I coul probably make one for RMXP. its easier than 2K/3 I just need to learn more about the script... Anyway, it just wouldnrt b pokemon wiht out that tedious battle sytem that for some reason you sedn out the pokemon, then return it, and then run!

Years
  • You're supposed to right click and save file as.. Otherwise I wouldn't know why it doesn't work..
    Yes the battle system is a bit tedious but it's also pretty fun.

blueguy

No capitalization required. ;D
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 20, 2013
    I'm playing the battlesyst to try it out, but whenever I open it, it says the file "Shade UP" cannot be opened. Can you explain what this means? Is this file missing? If it is can you give it to me, please, because otherwise the battles won't work.

EDIT-

Actually scratch that. I've got it working now. It's rather good... but how can I implement my own and other pok?mon into it instead of Latios... and will I have to start from scratch again if I want to use the system?

Last edited:
    Years
  • Well you could change latios's picture if you want to take the easy way out.. Or you could go to every place where I've left a comment in the cbs saying "insert your own pokemon here" or something.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 29, 2007
    Krazy_Meerkat said:
    You're supposed to right click and save file as.. Otherwise I wouldn't know why it doesn't work..
    Yes the battle system is a bit tedious but it's also pretty fun.

It still doesn't work. It just gives me a small 15KB DOS file.

Superiority

GFX/Rm2k3 Wizard
    Years
    • Seen Nov 29, 2005
    O.o do we have to start from scratch after implementing the system into our games then krazy?
    Off topic: u havent been on msn for a while..why?

Years
  • What is your name on msn? I usually block most people on msn untill I feel like talking to them, I'm very busy..
    You don't have to re-start your games, you have to merge your game with the cbs or the cbs with your game, that means take all the coding, maps, commone events, etc. from one and put it in the other. Change any variables/switches as needed and you're done..
    I suggest merging your game with the cbs unless you are pretty far with your game.
    I am not going to upload PRII again because it is outdated and I can't seem to find the demo anymore.. It's not really worth playing anymore anyway.

The cbs is being discussed currently, the may not even be a next demo.. Apparently most people can make their own cbs and those who can't usually don't give credit.

Years
    • Seen Mar 8, 2009
    This was a good project if it is discontinued i will miss it

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back